Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

India's strange preoccupation

+5
ashdoc
Merlot Daruwala
Kris
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
confuzzled dude
9 posters

Go down

India's strange preoccupation Empty India's strange preoccupation

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:14 pm

In 2003, on a flight to Hong Kong, I had a Frenchman and an Indian sitting behind me. Both must have been in their 30s, as was I. Their conversation throughout the flight was quite audible, especially when the Frenchman begun to groan about the time that he had spent in Mumbai (in the early 1990s).

He was telling the Indian how he (and his wife) got caught up in a riot that had erupted after mobs of Hindu extremists attacked and destroyed an old mosque in the Indian city of Ayoudhia in 1992.

"It was horrific," he told the Indian. "The rioters were attacking people with sticks and I even saw some of them trying to set a Muslim man on fire."

"The rioters were Hindu?" the Indian asked.

"Well, they were attacking Muslims, so they must have been," the Frenchman replied. "My wife refuses to go back to India now," he added, laughingly.

I concentrated a bit more on the conversation because I was now eagerly waiting for the Indian's response.

And voila: "Usually such riots are funded and instigated by the Pakistanis," came the explanation.

One of my eyebrows went north and I hoped the Frenchman would ask exactly how Pakistan could be involved in starting riots in India.

He didn't. He just went on about his ordeal, and how his wife had made them take the very next flight back to Paris.

"It's worse in Pakistan!" the Indian shot back. "It (Pakistan) is destabilizing the whole region."

"Maybe, but we were in India," the Frenchman reminded him.

I couldn't help but turn around and intervene in the conversation: "Can I just pop in, and speak to my South Asian brother here?" I asked the Frenchman. He just smiled and shrugged his shoulders.

Addressing the Indian in Urdu (which is quite similar to Hindi), I said: "Bhai (brother), have you ever been to Pakistan?"

He replied in English: "No, but my father went back in the 1970s. Are you Pakistani?"

"Yes," I replied, "and I am flying to Hong Kong to whip up a riot among the Indian community there."

The Frenchman snickered and so did the Indian. I raised my small green can of Carlsberg, and added: "Here's to the usual mutual accusations and counter-accusations between India and Pakistan. And to the freedom of Kashmir and Khalistan!"

This time the Indian did not snicker, but the Frenchman did, knowing well that I was being entirely sarcastic. The Indian raised his paper cup full of white wine and spouted out his own toast: "And here's to Pakistan stopping being such a nuisance and becoming a part of India again."

I smiled: "Well, it all depends on how the Indian community in Hong Kong treats our French friend here after I incite them to burn a mosque in downtown Hong Kong."

The Frenchman laughed out loud: "So, it's true. This is exactly how we (in France) perceive the way Pakistanis and Indians engage with one another."

I agreed: "Absolutely!"

The Indian didn't: "Well, not the Indians ..."

"But you were just blaming Pakistan for the 1992 riots!" I shot back, albeit smilingly.

"Just like you guys blame India for everything that goes wrong in Pakistan," he replied.

I raised my can again and repeated: "Yup. So here's to the usual mutual accusations and counter-accusations between India and Pakistan."
http://www.dw.com/en/indias-strange-preoccupation-with-pakistan/a-18803683

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

India's strange preoccupation Empty Re: India's strange preoccupation

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:21 pm

That was in 1992 and 2003.

The same Frenchman would now understand what the Indian meant. By now, he would have become an "islamic" expert - thank to the Arab ghettos all over France.

The hindu should have asked the Frenchman about his views on the Algerian and North African muslim refugees in France.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:26 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:That was in 1992 and 2003.

The same Frenchman would now understand what the Indian meant. By now, he would have become an "islamic" expert - thank to the Arab ghettos all over France.

The hindu should have asked the Frenchman about his views on the Algerian and North African muslim refugees in France.
>>>Or have him talk to the security guys at the  Charle De Gaulle airport as to which nationality they scrutinize more. That way he didn't have to sit through the conversation between these two south asian 'brothers'.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:11 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:That was in 1992 and 2003.

You know this how? Oh ya, only a Hindu patriot would have blamed Pakistan for anti-Muslim riots in India. For Hindu patriots, the sun rises and sets in Pakistan. That country is the alpha and omega of all existence, and life will be incomplete until it is reintegrated into India!
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by ashdoc Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:29 am

pakistan is such a hellhole that however much nadeem paricha hopes india will come down to pakistan's level ( and tries to create an impression that india is going down pakistan's path ) , it will find it difficult to reach that depth .

for example , ever since the afghan jehad in the 80s kalashnikov automatic rifles ( AK 47 AK 56 etc ) are found everywhere in pakistan . that is why such violence is endemic to pakistan . india does not have that kind of proliferation of automatic rifles nor will it ever will .

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:36 am

ashdoc wrote:pakistan is such a hellhole that however much nadeem paricha hopes india will come down to pakistan's level ( and tries to create an impression that india is going down pakistan's path ) , it will find it difficult to reach that depth .

for example , ever since the afghan jehad in the 80s kalashnikov automatic rifles ( AK 47 AK 56 etc ) are found everywhere in pakistan . that is why such violence is endemic to pakistan . india does not have that kind of proliferation of automatic rifles nor will it ever will .
who needs kalashnikovs? we have trishuls, don't we?

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by ashdoc Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:51 am

swapna wrote:
ashdoc wrote:pakistan is such a hellhole that however much nadeem paricha hopes india will come down to pakistan's level ( and tries to create an impression that india is going down pakistan's path ) , it will find it difficult to reach that depth .

yeah , allied to pakistanis are the so called seculars who dream of equating trishuls with kalashnikovs and try to create an impression that india will become another pakistan . but your dream wont be complete till the muslim population in the country rises to more than 40 percent ( as it surely will ) . then your dream will be complete and india will really be finished .

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:55 am

swapna wrote:

Trishuls are no match for the crosses. All you need to so is to hit Pakis hard on the head with a cross. They will immediately visit 72.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:51 pm

The title sort of reminds me of Comrade's strange preoccupation with Modi.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:25 pm

CD

what exactly is this news item supposed to tell us?  

One could write a story that tells a opposite story changing the nationality of  individuals and picking incidents from any nation. These are unverifiable stories that were penned by a guy who has an ax to grind.

If you want to say that Pakistanis/muslims are more civilized individuals, be man enough to say so directly.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:51 pm

On the other hand, Amit Shah wants to prove the author right.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:54 pm

Hellsangel wrote:On the other hand, Amit Shah wants to prove the author right.

Actually what Amit ji was saying is "Muslims will fire crackers if BJP lost. It will be regarded as a defeat of the hindus" He caanot openly use "mislims" per electoral laws and hence, using the WELL-Known perception that Indian Muslims are as much Pakistanis.

Smart move,

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:16 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

Actually what Amit ji was saying is "Muslims will fire crackers if BJP lost. It will be regarded as a defeat of the hindus" He caanot openly use "mislims" per electoral laws and hence, using the WELL-Known perception that Indian Muslims are as much Pakistanis.

Smart move,

Citing the “firecrackers in Pakistan” remark made by Amit Shah, the Janata Dal (United) and Congress on Friday petitioned the Election Commission, seeking a ban on the BJP chief’s entry into Bihar.f

Proof that Cong (i) and JD(U) are paki agents, supporters and hard core fifth columnists.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:18 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

Smart move,

Bharatiya Janata Party president Amit Shah said on Friday that his statement that there will be fireworks in Pakistan if his party lost election in Bihar was merely an analogy to point out that anti-national elements will rejoice the BJP's electoral defeat. t

Am i right or am i right?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down