Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

turmeric stain update

5 posters

Go down

turmeric stain update Empty turmeric stain update

Post by Guest Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:57 pm

the stain on my carpet is gone. i used cotton wool dipped completely in lemon juice and just put it over the stain. it just seemed to suck away the stain.

Back to top Go down

turmeric stain update Empty Re: turmeric stain update

Post by Kris Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:35 pm

Rashmun wrote:the stain on my carpet is gone. i used cotton wool dipped completely in lemon juice and just put it over the stain. it just seemed to suck away the stain.
>>Lime juice does wonders. I was going to suggest this in fact.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:21 pm

Kris wrote:
Rashmun wrote:the stain on my carpet is gone. i used cotton wool dipped completely in lemon juice and just put it over the stain. it just seemed to suck away the stain.

it's all to do with pH (with no D;) ; it probably requires acidic pH, and so vinegar can do the same trick, I should think.

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:04 pm

Kris wrote:

although the stain had become a lot less visible it was still present. So i gave it the cotton wool treatment again this time dipped in lime juice. I think its gone now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:05 pm

garam_kuta wrote:
Kris wrote:

it's all to do with pH (with no D;) ; it probably requires acidic pH, and so vinegar can do the same trick, I should think.

i was told acetone (present in nail polish remover) will also work although it may also remove the coloring of the carpet.

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:38 pm

some kid spilled turmeric covered aloo on my carpet once. i cleaned it with a wet tissue and tiny micro drop of dish washing liquid. 

i didn't wait thought. cleaned it right away and the stain came out like it was never there. 

kids are messy.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by TruthSeeker Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:10 pm

If a carpet stays clean in a house with toddlers...

I'd be worried.

The whole point of childhood is to make mess.

Replace the carpets, once they grow up.

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:01 pm

TruthSeeker wrote:If a carpet stays clean in a house with toddlers...

I'd be worried.

The whole point of childhood is to make mess.

Replace the carpets, once they grow up.
agreed. i like messy, naughty monkey like cute kids just as i like short hair....on other people's head.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:52 am

i took another look at the carpet. the stain is much lighter but it is still there. i think i am going to try removing it with acetone (using a cotton ear bud first).

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:37 pm

You've spent wayy more time on this carpet than it's with. I say take scissors and cut the threads umm 1cm. The yellow stain is gone like that. In mins.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:39 pm

seven wrote:You've spent wayy more time on this carpet than it's with. I say take scissors and cut the threads umm 1cm. The yellow stain is gone like that. In mins.

this is a good idea. thanks seven.

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:19 pm

Rashmun wrote:
seven wrote:You've spent wayy more time on this carpet than it's with. I say take scissors and cut the threads umm 1cm. The yellow stain is gone like that. In mins.

this is a good idea. thanks seven.
Don't forget to feed the carpet some food so the strands can grow back. Biotin is good.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:38 am

another update: i put baking soda on the turmeric stain and then i put lemon juice over it. there was effervescence probably because lemon juice is acidic and baking soda is, i think, alkaline. it was very impressive, and i thought the job is done. but next day the stain was looking brighter and sharper than it had ever looked to me. it was back!
so then i gave it a last final shot. i put lots of Colgate white toothpaste over the stain. (read about this in another forum.) Today the stain is gone. (or at least 95% gone.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:38 am

Rashmun wrote:another update: i put baking soda on the turmeric stain and then i put lemon juice over it. there was effervescence probably because lemon juice is acidic and baking soda is, i think, alkaline. it was very impressive, and i thought the job is done. but next day the stain was looking brighter and sharper than it had ever looked to me. it was back!
so then i gave it a last final shot. i put lots of Colgate white toothpaste over the stain. (read about this in another forum.) Today the stain is gone. (or at least 95% gone.)

i used a toothbrush to scrub the stain with the colgate white toothpaste.

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:45 pm

Make a paste of baking soda with vinegar and use a toothbrush to scrub. Sponge off stain with a wet papertowel.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down