Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I will not return awards

2 posters

Go down

I will not return awards Empty I will not return awards

Post by rawemotions Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:08 am

http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/Hyderabad/i-wont-return-awards-kamal-haasan/article7837738.ece

Excerpts
His own films Viswaroopam and Uttama Villain ran into rough weather prior to their releases owing to protests from fringe groups. “The wrongs that have been done to me have been done by a different set of people. I will fight these battles separately.” Can the rise in intolerance be attributed to the BJP government? “The BJP wasn’t in power when Hey Ram or Viswaroopam were released. Any group, be it the Congress, the BJP, the RSS or the Muslim League, is equally intolerant. But everyone expects me to be tolerant and cut my film.”

..<snip>..

Mr. Haasan said the debate on intolerance had been going on since 1947 and it should be debated every five years. “You have taken the debate in your hands, but this intolerance is there since 1947. That’s why we became two nations. India and Pakistan could have been together and it would have been a fantastic and a huge country and we would have taken on China in commerce and everything. This intolerance is what divided the nation then. It should not divide the nation again.”

rawemotions

Back to top Go down

I will not return awards Empty Re: I will not return awards

Post by Kris Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:14 am

rawemotions wrote:http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/Hyderabad/i-wont-return-awards-kamal-haasan/article7837738.ece

Excerpts
His own films Viswaroopam and Uttama Villain ran into rough weather prior to their releases owing to protests from fringe groups. “The wrongs that have been done to me have been done by a different set of people. I will fight these battles separately.” Can the rise in intolerance be attributed to the BJP government? “The BJP wasn’t in power when Hey Ram or Viswaroopam were released. Any group, be it the Congress, the BJP, the RSS or the Muslim League, is equally intolerant. But everyone expects me to be tolerant and cut my film.”

..<snip>..

Mr. Haasan said the debate on intolerance had been going on since 1947 and it should be debated every five years. “You have taken the debate in your hands, but this intolerance is there since 1947. That’s why we became two nations. India and Pakistan could have been together and it would have been a fantastic and a huge country and we would have taken on China in commerce and everything. This intolerance is what divided the nation then. It should not divide the nation again.”
Mr. Haasan is being wholly disingenuous. Intolerance in India started only in 2014. It was utopia before then, as everyone knows.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:44 am

Kris wrote:
rawemotions wrote:http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/Hyderabad/i-wont-return-awards-kamal-haasan/article7837738.ece

Excerpts

..<snip>..

Mr. Haasan is being wholly disingenuous. Intolerance in India started only in 2014. It was utopia before then, as everyone knows.
lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down