Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's Wrong Happening Bhai?

3 posters

Go down

What's Wrong Happening Bhai? Empty What's Wrong Happening Bhai?

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:40 pm

Yes, we don't have a situation like Lahore or Karachi where random street shootings are not uncommon. Nor do we live in Saudi Arabia you can be executed for handing out copies of the Bible. Nor is the India of today like Egypt where journalists are incarcerated on flimsy grounds and cases drag on for years despite all round international condemnations. But is this the yardstick by which we should measure a country which aspires for a permanent seat in the UN security council?

With what courage can we ask this question to the family of the 90-year-old Dalit man who died after being brutally attacked with an axe and set on fire for trying to enter a temple at Hamirpur in Uttar Pradesh? Or for that matter, what do we say to the family of Mohammad Akhlaq, victim of the worst ever organised mob crimes in the history of Independent India. Do we take the assassinations Dabholkar, Pansare and Kalburgi as random crimes committed for petty personal gains?

Connecting the dots is a skill that is increasingly important as one matures in a career and moves into more strategic roles. Those who "connect the dots" make a logical or implied connection between facts or disparate pieces of information in order to arrive at a conclusion. I don't think Anupam Kher lacks this skill. I think it is the other way around. As a professionally trained actor at the National School of Drama, he is reading lines given to him. All that he is doing is lending some conviction in the role.
http://www.huffingtonpost.in/shrinivas-dharma/whats-wrong-happening-bha_b_8441094.html?utm_source=COLOMBIA&utm_medium=textlinks&utm_campaign=HuffPost_23Oct_5NovIntl
TS, et al, this is precisely what I was talking about, don't try to sweep them under the rug as random incidents. There is a pattern here for everyone to see.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

What's Wrong Happening Bhai? Empty Re: What's Wrong Happening Bhai?

Post by TruthSeeker Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:00 pm

Ke baat kar ra chhore?

Laakho mar gaye dharam-jaat ke naam pe pichchle das saal.

Aur ab ek daadri bhar se khoon khaultaa hai?

Chalo achha hai, khaula to sahi! :-)

Jai Hind,
TS.

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:10 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
Yes, we don't have a situation like Lahore or Karachi where random street shootings are not uncommon. Nor do we live in Saudi Arabia you can be executed for handing out copies of the Bible. Nor is the India of today like Egypt where journalists are incarcerated on flimsy grounds and cases drag on for years despite all round international condemnations. But is this the yardstick by which we should measure a country which aspires for a permanent seat in the UN security council?

With what courage can we ask this question to the family of the 90-year-old Dalit man who died after being brutally attacked with an axe and set on fire for trying to enter a temple at Hamirpur in Uttar Pradesh? Or for that matter, what do we say to the family of Mohammad Akhlaq, victim of the worst ever organised mob crimes in the history of Independent India. Do we take the assassinations Dabholkar, Pansare and Kalburgi as random crimes committed for petty personal gains?

Connecting the dots is a skill that is increasingly important as one matures in a career and moves into more strategic roles. Those who "connect the dots" make a logical or implied connection between facts or disparate pieces of information in order to arrive at a conclusion. I don't think Anupam Kher lacks this skill. I think it is the other way around. As a professionally trained actor at the National School of Drama, he is reading lines given to him. All that he is doing is lending some conviction in the role.
http://www.huffingtonpost.in/shrinivas-dharma/whats-wrong-happening-bha_b_8441094.html?utm_source=COLOMBIA&utm_medium=textlinks&utm_campaign=HuffPost_23Oct_5NovIntl
TS, et al, this is precisely what I was talking about, don't try to sweep them under the rug as random incidents. There is a pattern here for everyone to see.

Except when it is Cong(i) run by a white-skin family that kills 3500 Sikhs. Or some 37 hindus are killed in Akshardham or 60 hindus are burned alive in Godhra. That is of course secularism.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down