Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

kashkari to be president of minneapolis fed after kocherlacota

2 posters

Go down

kashkari to be president of minneapolis fed after kocherlacota Empty kashkari to be president of minneapolis fed after kocherlacota

Post by swapna Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:09 pm

this is the neel kashkari who was appointed by treasury secretary paulson around 2008 to manage t.a.r.p. kocherlacota is the current president of the minneapolis fed, and a well-known and widely-respected macroeconomist.

http://www.econjobrumors.com/topic/kashkari-to-minneapolis-fed

e.j.m.ers, who are made up of faculty members and graduate students of economics, have expressed strong disapproval of kashkarii's appointment, and skepticism of his ability to influence the fed's monetary policy.

kashkari is a mechanical engineer with a wharton m.b.a. and some years of experience at investment banks.

a week or two ago, I had started a thread about narayana kocherlacota who will leave the minneapolis fed in january and assume his new position as the chairman of the economics department of the university of rochester. earlier, he was widely credited wirh having raised the rank of the university of minnesota to the top ten, when he was chairman there.

swapna

Back to top Go down

kashkari to be president of minneapolis fed after kocherlacota Empty Re: kashkari to be president of minneapolis fed after kocherlacota

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:41 pm

Hm...Something wrong somewhere. I remember readings that he is an AEROSPACE engineer. and Mr. Kash n Kari has no PhD and also no econ degree but YemBeeA wonly... but still heading mainly an economic institution?

a week or two ago, I had started a thread about narayana kocherlacota who will leave the minneapolis fed in january and assume his new position as the chairman of the economics department of the university of rochester. earlier, he was widely credited wirh having raised the rank of the university of minnesota to the top ten, when he was chairman there.

IRRELEVANT

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down