Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Time for Modi to dump NRIs

Go down

Time for Modi to dump NRIs Empty Time for Modi to dump NRIs

Post by confuzzled dude Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:19 am

I have been an NRI for over 30 years. And today, when I see photographs of the grieving families who lost loved ones to arbitrary terrorism in Pathankot, I feel desolate.
I believe that for the Narendra Modi government, we NRIs have become a cop-out of the first order. We have been singularly responsible for having fed the ego and given the Prime Minister of India a blazing bonfire of the vanities. We have flocked out in our thousands to assuage our guilt at leaving our home country by creating a fanatic froth of patriotism, and inflated the man to the point where he prefers us to the 1.3 billion at home.

We don't need Modi in foreign stadiums and halls dispensing promises like currency notes from an ATM.
We need him to tell us that he is on top of the situation, that meeting Sharif was a show of strength not weakness, that India has had enough and is not on the back-foot. That we are not the flipside of the coin, but so far ahead that we will change the priorities and snatch the  initiative.
The hell with these NRI speeches and all that 'awesome venue, did you know 60,000 came?' stuff. Enough already. It is of no importance. NRIs have become an excuse for non-governance at home.

http://m.firstpost.com/politics/lost-in-translation-time-for-modi-to-dump-nris-address-nation-on-language-of-india-pak-talks-2569390.html

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down