Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is the most awesome

5 posters

Go down

What is the most awesome Empty What is the most awesome

Post by Guest Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:13 am

/ memorable compliment you received?

Back to top Go down

What is the most awesome Empty Re: What is the most awesome

Post by Guest Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:04 am

"All girls except mommy are yucky".

Back to top Go down

Post by The Absolute Zero Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:16 am

loooooooooong time ago in a galaxy faaaaaaaaaaar faaaaaaaaaar away...

I was in my Engg 1st year, after graduating from PURE TELUGU medium till then. They teach English in the 1st semester of Engg. The English madam there was Anglo Indian who prided herself with all the English habits and stood nearly 6' tall yet wearing saree etc. Yes, Christian. She ridiculed me from day 1 to day 180 every single day about my language, accent, poor spelling and ad infinitum. The English class, to my horror was always the first class on every day - to make sure that my mood for rest of the day went to hell for the entire semester. (This was, in later semesters, taken over by another madam who laught labor relations, sociology type non-sense which I hated every minute).

Me being absolute zero, brushed aside all this and shamelessly walked into her class day after every tiring day and hated myself for being alive and so on (exactly like I feel everyday even now, that is). Then they conducted tests in Math, Engg math and so on. Those were kind of competitions where you pay a small fee (5 bux or so) and if you win, you get Rs.116 back as first prize, 58 as second, 25 as third.

So I paid and took engg math test and forgot all about it. One fine day several weeks after the test I walked into the English class, and then a peon brought a notice for the madam to read. She took it recklessly and read "The following students won the prize for engg math tests. First prize: The Absolute Zero!" second prize.... etc

She almost fainted on the stage. And gave me the best complement I got in my life "Oh, our class is not as bad as I think!" I stood up to the claps of the whole class and let out a slight smile at her and silently sat down.

From that day onwards she never commented about my skills again except in the final class when she graded me and gave me a score of 40 out of 100. And the pass mark? $#@! FORTY!!

What a life! Fitting to be an absolute zero! Right?

I am not sure if any other person complimented me for any other thing in my life. How can you comment a zero? It has no value.

The Absolute Zero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:51 am

The Absolute Zero wrote:

I am not sure if any other person complimented me for any other thing in my life. How can you comment a zero? It has no value.

They say zero is not soonyam but poornam.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:08 am

Tracy Whitney wrote:"All girls except mommy are yucky".

As usual, mixed up the words. The correct statement was, "all girls except mommy are icky".

Back to top Go down

Post by chameli Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:05 am

nutmeg wrote:/ memorable compliment you received?

something like "when you are good you are very good and when you are bad you are very bad "

I take that as a compliment Smile
chameli
chameli

Back to top Go down

Post by chameli Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:06 am

For being an absolute you sure had a lot to say Smile
chameli
chameli

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:23 am

Frankly, I tried hard. Cannot remember anything specific.

Oh yeah....a colleague once said - if only I were a white guy, I would be very high on the ladder in any organization.

Oh another one: Uppili already knows your response to his question, plans his rebuttal, and the your response to his rebuttal, and prepares 4 cycles ahead before he even opens his mouth.

Think I should take that as a compliment - which has actually worked negatively. Now i can think of a lot of other things - none of which greatly helped me in anyway.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:50 pm

"Eating your kheer makes me so hot that I have to stroke my kitty soon after"

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:34 pm

Wow! You are looking gorgeous...like you are aging backwards or may be you are having more guy friends.
I was like..."Okay, I am not falling for that!"
But, told...hey that was a sweet compliment...thank you Very Happy

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down