Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

women leave men they love

+2
garam_kuta
Merlot Daruwala
6 posters

Go down

women leave men they love Empty women leave men they love

Post by Guest Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:25 pm

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/justice-schanfarber/why-women-leave-men-they-_b_8511584.html

While many situations are complex, there's one profoundly simple truth that men need to know: Women leave men they love.
They feel terrible about it. It tears their heart out of them. But they do it. They rally their courage and their resources and they leave. Women leave men with whom they have children, homes and lives.

Women leave for many reasons, but there's one reason in particular that haunts me, one that I want men to understand: Women leave because their man is not present. He's working, golfing, gaming, watching TV, fishing...the list is long. These aren't bad men. They're good men. They're good fathers. They support their family. They're nice, likeable. But they take their wife for granted. They're not present.

Back to top Go down

women leave men they love Empty Re: women leave men they love

Post by Merlot Daruwala Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:48 pm

Executive summary on how to keep a woman who loves you:

1. Quit your jobs, give up all your other interests and hang on to her every word attentively, looking so alive that she can feel your aliveness (your pulse alone doesn't cut it)

2. Touch her with all attention, tell her everything you're noticing, moment after moment, and make love to her passionately (but only when she is in a mood for it)

3. Look deeply into her eyes until she looks away and tell her: "I'm looking into you. I want to see you deeply. I'm curious about who you are. After all these years I still want to know who you are, every day"
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:21 am

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:http://www.huffingtonpost.com/justice-schanfarber/why-women-leave-men-they-_b_8511584.html

While many situations are complex, there's one profoundly simple truth that men need to know: Women leave men they love.
They feel terrible about it. It tears their heart out of them. But they do it. They rally their courage and their resources and they leave. Women leave men with whom they have children, homes and lives.

Women leave for many reasons, but there's one reason in particular that haunts me, one that I want men to understand: Women leave because their man is not present. He's working, golfing, gaming, watching TV, fishing...the list is long. These aren't bad men. They're good men. They're good fathers. They support their family. They're nice, likeable. But they take their wife for granted. They're not present.

atavistic/vestigial remnants of hunters-gatherers' times; although attenuating, it takes more time for these pre-wired legacies to be completely expunged- definitely not in our life time Sad

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:19 pm

a red voting? do we do these?

ya ok, her 'advice' seems a bit too cheesy. but i guess the crux of it isn't off the mark.

I have seen women leaving the guys they love coz they were not getting that love and commitment back. I could say i somewhat belong to that category. the one thing i remember saying over and over to xh is, 'I can no longer live this sham'.

It's hard when you are giving it your all, and getting coldness or aloofness in return.

On the other side of the spectrum i have seen extremely busy husbands who love their job and spend a lot of time doing it, have other hobbies too, but they make their wives feel special all the time. No no, not with high fi materialistic stuff (and that too), but by simply talking, and taking interest in all her and families needs. Being their. Being involved. Talking. Sharing. In my book, that's a truly happy marriage.

Desi model of marriage is somewhat different i guess. atleast the older version. it's more duty bound. within that framework if the couple love each other deeply, that's a bonus. Guess in that case, the couple still give it their all, but the parameters to measure it is more duty based than passion based. So, they don't have to do a lot to glide by.

And she asked a valid question to men too. 'Not just your passion for her or for sex; your passion for being alive. Do you have it? It's the most attractive thing you possess. If you've lost it, what's the reason? Where did it go? Find out. Find it. If you never discovered it, you are living on borrowed time.'

so it's not just about him giving her all that. it's him to instrospect why he is not able to.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:13 pm

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:a red voting? do we do these?

ya ok, her 'advice' seems a bit too cheesy. but i guess the crux of it isn't off the mark.

I have seen women leaving the guys they love coz they were not getting that love and commitment back. I could say i somewhat belong to that category. the one thing i remember saying over and over to xh is, 'I can no longer live this sham'.

It's hard when you are giving it your all, and getting coldness or aloofness in return.

On the other side of the spectrum i have seen extremely busy husbands who love their job and spend a lot of time doing it, have other hobbies too, but they make their wives feel special all the time. No no, not with high fi materialistic stuff (and that too), but by simply talking, and taking interest in all her and families needs. Being their. Being involved. Talking. Sharing. In my book, that's a truly happy marriage.

Desi model of marriage is somewhat different i guess. atleast the older version. it's more duty bound. within that framework if the couple love each other deeply, that's a bonus. Guess in that case, the couple still give it their all, but the parameters to measure it is more duty based than passion based. So, they don't have to do a lot to glide by.

And she asked a valid question to men too. 'Not just your passion for her or for sex; your passion for being alive. Do you have it? It's the most attractive thing you possess. If you've lost it, what's the reason? Where did it go? Find out. Find it. If you never discovered it, you are living on borrowed time.'

so it's not just about him giving her all that. it's him to instrospect why he is not able to.

You should not consider yourself an example of the "woman leaving". Ask your kids, friends, colleagues, relatives, you are still with your husband.

You are just living out your youthful fantasy of "living together" by divorcing your husband and living with a single man - except he is your own husband.

They need to create a new category for you:

Unmarried - bcz a divorce is complete separation of everything. You are just unmarried.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:53 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

You should not consider yourself an example of the "woman leaving". Ask your kids, friends, colleagues, relatives, you are still with your husband.

You are just living out your youthful fantasy of "living together" by divorcing your husband and living with a single man - except he is your own husband.

Unmarried - bcz a divorce is complete separation of everything. You are just unmarried.

oh i left that marriage alright.

no fantasy. just feels better to be not termed his 'wife' once its symbolism was lost on me. you can say the childhood fantasy was broken. no regrets though. feels honest this way, even though haven't told the truth to anyone except close relatives and friends. we don't have anything romantic going and that's for sure.

our ann is coming up lol. will be snowed in. kids are teasing as usual. would have been 18 years. (and 22 years of being together, and 27 years of knowing each other).

who knows what happens in future. if he picks up and leaves one day, i will accept it and think of the next steps. right now, it's life for us. i don't think i will ask him to leave unless something very drastic happens, and i know, we have weathered quite a few drastics.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:55 pm

Beatrix Kiddo wrote:

oh i left that marriage alright.

no fantasy. just feels better to be not termed his 'wife' once its symbolism was lost on me. you can say the childhood fantasy was broken. no regrets though. feels honest this way, even though haven't told the truth to anyone except close relatives and friends. we don't have anything romantic going and that's for sure.

our ann is coming up lol. will be snowed in. kids are teasing as usual. would have been 18 years. (and 22 years of being together, and 27 years of knowing each other).

who knows what happens in future. if he picks up and leaves one day, i will accept it and think of the next steps. right now, it's life for us. i don't think i will ask him to leave unless something very drastic happens, and i know, we have weathered quite a few drastics.

I think yours is an ideal (non)marriage and it should be considered as an option among the hindus (dalits or no Dalits).

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:17 pm

The X in XH is fiction and am sure this story will be out in a book sometime in future.

The story doesn't jive. Never known an Ex living, dining, partying with wife/husband after separation. Smile

Why carry that misery forward once signed on dotted line of divorce.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by smArtha Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:08 pm

Most women, who had the opportunity to choose, park their rational faculties aside while dating or selecting their partners and make choices based NOT on the kind of Person the Man inherently is but on what he is/does to them. How important he made her feel or how much attention he paid her takes precedence over is he generally attentive, passionate or alive to various aspects of his own life and choices. Kind of like falling for a sales pitch over product substance. Nothing wrong with that - some men do that too. But unlike these women, most of those men don't turn around and complain that they expected a person of substance but what they got was a showroom mannequin.

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Post by TruthSeeker Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:36 pm

Really? The world does start to appear same as one's own experiences, eh?

Women leave the men they love. Men leave for younger women. And so on.

In a world of 7B people, everyone can find their kind.

And why not?

At the end of it all - One must learn to love self.

Because when one truly does, nothing and no one else matters.

I can say this because I always had the security of my parents' love, and still do.

But to imagine a person who has no love at all from any human?

Hmm.

Perhaps, only such a person is truly capable to love all.

Jiska Koi Nahi Uska (to) Khuda hai yaaron...

And rest of us are left seeking Khuda... Ha! :-)

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down