Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Osama's killing - turning into disturbing situation?

+2
Another Brick
SomeProfile
6 posters

Go down

Osama's killing - turning into disturbing situation? Empty Osama's killing - turning into disturbing situation?

Post by SomeProfile Fri May 06, 2011 1:43 am

As more information about Osama's killing comes out in the open, it is turning into a disturbing situation. Apparently, there was no real firefight between the Navy SEALs and the people in Osama's house. Only one person, who was on a different floor than Osama, opened fire initially and was killed almost immediately. Every other death that happened in that house that night was killing of unarmed people. Osama himself was so sick that it is said he did not leave the room he was in during the past 5 years. The SEALs shot Osama's wife in the leg/foot and shot him in the head, face, etc.

Yet, when Obama made the announcement a few days ago, he claimed that Osama was killed after a 'firefight'. Follow up statements by the Whitehouse continued to mention firefight, going so far as to say that Osama himself fought back and was killed in the shooting. But now, we are hearing, apparently from sources within the Whitehouse itself that there was no real firefight. I wouldn't be surprised if the 'current victory' turned into another black spot on Obama's record. Poor guy - bad luck seems to dog him in whatever he tries to do. But in this case, if he indeed lied outright, I don't have sympathy for him. Especially because, as far as we know, he was following the events of the Osama shooting on live camera.

I can understand the American public. If Dawood Ibrahim was similarly killed, I would feel happy. But, I am extremely disturbed that Obama would lie so blatantly, especially when there might be clear videographic evidence proving him wrong about there being a firefight.

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Osama's killing - turning into disturbing situation? Empty Re: Osama's killing - turning into disturbing situation?

Post by Another Brick Fri May 06, 2011 1:50 am

some people out there are lying. i hear contradicting statements. he was armed. no, he was not armed. he was trying to hide behind a woman. no, he wasn't. there were bullets fired from his gun. no, no such thing happened.

why did they not try to catch him alive like saddam hussain? he would have preferred to kill himself, but SEAL should have at least tried.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Osama's killing - turning into disturbing situation? Empty Re: Osama's killing - turning into disturbing situation?

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri May 06, 2011 1:53 am

ppl watching the same game have different opinions on whether it was LBW or not. wonder if they had instant replay or not in the white house.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Fri May 06, 2011 1:56 am

The story has changed so many times. This makes Obama look bad. He should have settled for a press release from WH instead of a presidential speech to the nation.
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Fri May 06, 2011 1:57 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:ppl watching the same game have different opinions on whether it was LBW or not. wonder if they had instant replay or not in the white house.

But they can sure figure out if the guy was wearing a pad or not
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Fri May 06, 2011 2:01 am

artood2 wrote:The story has changed so many times. This makes Obama look bad. He should have settled for a press release from WH instead of a presidential speech to the nation.
Agreed! It is fast turning into a gigantic PR fuck-up. Can't believe this is the same guy who ran the best presidential election campaign in living memory, just three years ago. His team's PR during those days was so flawless.

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Fri May 06, 2011 2:06 am

My first reaction on hearing his speech was that he was guarded. An orator like him should have seized the moment. In my posts after the speech I said so. He seemed hesitant and his speech was actually delayed an hour. It is PR mess. The facts should have been ascertained before the speech.
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Fri May 06, 2011 2:44 am

I would have preferred if OBL had been taken prisoner, tried and executed under American law. That would have been great justice. American soldiers going and killing him in a fake encounter just makes America a wee-bit like the banana republics that OBL so wanted to create around the Muslim world.

That said, if anyone in the compound did fire at the Americans, the most prudent response would be to respond with overwhelming force, without taking any chances. What if someone lobs a grenade from a floor above? What if someone who they can't see fires at them? They can't assume that they have full control until they have killed or immobilized every single person in that house. If they assume that, it may end up in the death of American soldiers, or worse, in Osama escaping in an ISI vehicle waiting outside. And one more thing -- the troops wouldn't have known Osama's health situation before they entered; so their plan for the operation likely provided for an active Osama.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Fri May 06, 2011 2:50 am

The situation in the field is not well judged in posterity. They had lost a copter and there is a possiblity that soldiers did not if they can get out of there, let alone with OBL. We may never know the exact situation. However, Obama should have known the details and not mentioned firefight.
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Fri May 06, 2011 9:28 am

Capturing OBL alive is a bad idea. His "trial" would have become a freak show and he would have ended up as a hugely televised martyr. So I think the plan was to finish him off no matter what. Because they had to come up with a story that didn't happen exactly, no wonder the details keep changing. They are still working on getting that story straight.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down