Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My policies are showing results

2 posters

Go down

My policies are showing results Empty My policies are showing results

Post by confuzzled dude Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:36 am

New Delhi: India’s economic growth and macroeconomic stability are the result of good policies of the National Democratic Alliance government and not good fortune, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said on Monday, dismissing criticism that the government has been lucky on account of low global oil prices.

“Experts are unanimous that India is one of the world economy’s brightest spots. We have low inflation, a low balance of payments, current account deficit, and a high rate of growth. This is the result of good policy, not good fortune,” Modi said at Bloomberg’s India Economic Summit 2016.

He pointed out that oil prices fell more steeply between 2008 and 2009 as compared to the last two years and yet India’s fiscal deficit, current account deficit and its inflation rate were substantially worse in 2009-10 as compared to this year.

He also pointed out that many other emerging economies also depend on imported oil but are not experiencing similar growth rates.
In the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme, much of the expenditure was leaking out to touts, middlemen and the non-poor, though expenditure was recorded in the books. We are now implementing the Food Security Act nationwide. We have drastically reduced leakages in the employment guarantee scheme and ensured that money reaches those for whom it is intended,” he said.
http://www.livemint.com/Politics/LQO9su8px0rloFRmCv9WDI/Indias-growth-a-result-of-good-policy-not-good-fortune-Na.html

Hahaha! Look how Modiji flip-flops on MGNREG Act. Wasn't he supposed continue this program to show as a living proof of UPA's failures.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

My policies are showing results Empty Re: My policies are showing results

Post by Hellsangel Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:40 am

Oh he gives credit where credit is due, Comrade.

Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down