Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

R2I - A few quick thoughts

Go down

R2I - A few quick thoughts Empty R2I - A few quick thoughts

Post by Guest Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:57 am

Checking in from Bangalore

Ok- I've started hanging out with work peeps here & even shared their Lunches.

Highlights:

Watching an overweight colleague bully a junior into parting with 20 bucks to get herself a coke as she was "dehydrated"

Three guys recounting their bad experiences with an "evil empire" company in my industry on the first working day

Colleagues going out of their way to book me a taxi to head to airport in order to make it on time to pickup air freight.

Traveling between offices is a beeyatch in Bangalore. I need to come up with a better schedule.

IST is really stretchable. If folks commit to noon it's most def a 1:00 pm meeting. 

Some exceptional people at work. 

Mom's packing my lunch - today's lunch was Khara baath. 

Coffee everywhere is sugarified. I ask for an "Americano" and every time the vendor makes it a point to say "saaar...its only decoction. No milk?" hinting I'm not getting "value for my money". I've stopped having coffee with sugar at home as well.

Went to Hard Rock cafe on Sunday night here - the dirty martini was fuckin A. Three guys and the check was 2Gs apiece for a few drinks and dinner.

More lateran...Enjoy maadi

Back to top Go down