Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bird's nest on fire

5 posters

Go down

Bird's nest on fire Empty Bird's nest on fire

Post by seven Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:11 pm

A bird has built a nest in the bulb socket outside my front door. I let her cuz I thought it will be spring in my house n I'll part of wilderness in a small way. 

I used to find twigs n dry leaves on the welcome doormat. I cleaned it up n never turned the light on so birds are not disturbed. 

Last night I turned on the light for a min and forgot to turn it off. i saw smoke coming out of the bulb socket n the nest was turning black. Poor birds. I feel terrible now. Wanted to climb up n check if there were eggs inside but didn't. I don't think there are any. Never see the mom bird coming in or maybe she comes during the day when no one's home. 

I'll peek in today just to be sure. Until then iSad Sad

seven

Back to top Go down

Bird's nest on fire Empty Re: Bird's nest on fire

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:40 pm

seven wrote:A bird has built a nest in the bulb socket outside my front door. I let her cuz I thought it will be spring in my house n I'll part of wilderness in a small way. 

I used to find twigs n dry leaves on the welcome doormat. I cleaned it up n never turned the light on so birds are not disturbed. 

Last night I turned on the light for a min and forgot to turn it off. i saw smoke coming out of the bulb socket n the nest was turning black. Poor birds. I feel terrible now. Wanted to climb up n check if there were eggs inside but didn't. I don't think there are any. Never see the mom bird coming in or maybe she comes during the day when no one's home. 

It is well into spring and the birds might have left the nest (they dont disassemble...Razz) They build nests for their winter stay primarily.

There is a a little pot with artificial grass etc... and we saw all kinds of fancy birds sitting on that. So my wife put some grains. strange and beautifully colored birds. Then we found out the grains are still there but the artificial grass is slowly disappearing..the birds have been stripping them out to build their own nest. I told my wife to bring more of that artificial grass and forget the grains.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:46 am

seven wrote:A bird has built a nest in the bulb socket outside my front door. I let her cuz I thought it will be spring in my house n I'll part of wilderness in a small way. 

First you steal mistakenly delivered merchandise from Farida and have cops landing up on your doorstep. Now you burn nests and fry little fledglings. Woman, is there no end to your criminal and heartless ways??
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:23 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:

First you steal mistakenly delivered merchandise from Farida and have cops landing up on your doorstep. Now you burn nests and fry little fledglings. Woman, is there no end to your criminal and heartless ways??
RNI Loin,

Your assholeness aside, your tongue in cheek and cheesy replies to female handles here look soooo funny.

We know you do your best. Keep it going. Smile

Good job.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:14 am

Be happy that the building didn't catch on fire. The bird created a fire hazard and it's a good thing it left unscathed.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by seven Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:42 pm

goodcitizn wrote:

Be happy that the building didn't catch on fire. The bird created a fire hazard and it's a good thing it left unscathed.
You're right n I did think about it. It's getting cleaned up this wknd.

seven

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down