Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maharashtra Beef Ban: "Since i can't sell my cow, i had to sell my daughter"

Go down

Maharashtra Beef Ban: "Since i can't sell my cow, i had to sell my daughter" Empty Maharashtra Beef Ban: "Since i can't sell my cow, i had to sell my daughter"

Post by Guest Sun May 01, 2016 5:50 am

The settlement of Lambani nomads outside Alur village in Osmanabad in drought-hit Marathwada is an assortment of straw huts and shanties. An old cow sits in the hot sun, her ribs jutting. "She can't bear calves, so there's no milk and now, thanks to the beef ban, no one wants to buy her. Since I can't sell the cow I had to sell my daughter Kaveri," weeps Kamalibai Nayak.

http://www.dnaindia.com/lifestyle/report-daughters-of-drought-the-vicious-cycle-of-poverty-in-the-parched-lands-of-karnataka-and-maharashtra-2207788

Back to top Go down

Maharashtra Beef Ban: "Since i can't sell my cow, i had to sell my daughter" Empty Re: Maharashtra Beef Ban: "Since i can't sell my cow, i had to sell my daughter"

Post by Merlot Daruwala Sun May 01, 2016 10:03 am

Rashmun wrote:The settlement of Lambani nomads outside Alur village in Osmanabad in drought-hit Marathwada is an assortment of straw huts and shanties. An old cow sits in the hot sun, her ribs jutting. "She can't bear calves, so there's no milk and now, thanks to the beef ban, no one wants to buy her. Since I can't sell the cow I had to sell my daughter Kaveri," weeps Kamalibai Nayak.

http://www.dnaindia.com/lifestyle/report-daughters-of-drought-the-vicious-cycle-of-poverty-in-the-parched-lands-of-karnataka-and-maharashtra-2207788

Cow is our mother. Not some Lambani girl. As long as the cow is safe, who cares what happens to Kaveri?? Bharat Mata ki jai!
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down