Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Go down

2011 Empty 2011

Post by Guest Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:52 pm

2011 was the one of the craziest years for me, as far as I can see through my life so far... guess 1998 was another one that was craziest before that... when I had gotten married, gotten pregnant, had a baby, finished Masters, and began interviewing for my first job... all in one year ... Ya in terms of highlights and "firsts", 1998 is still high up there.

2011 is a close second. I can't find the sulekha post, but I had predicted that I see myself in a hotel a lot this year, and boy was that a prophecy.

Highlights of this year:

• drove through the "blizzard"... well this was in December 2010, but counting it for this year, as my life begin changing Mid December 2010.
  • terrible ups and downs at job. Weirdest stint so far.
  • travelled DC, PA, Niagara, NYC, NJ theme parks and museums, NJ beaches, Orlando (Disney, Epcot, Universal studios), Alaska.
  • most time spent in hotels.
  • first time had brother and family over.
  • travelled india, and had family over too, all in one year. Met rents twice, sister thrice, and brother two times. in different combos (rents-bro, sis-bro, sis-rents, just sis, just bro), but never all together.
  • first time on a cruise.
  • drove cross country the first time. Chicago to NJ.
  • found that balance in the life for the first time. Declared I am happy.
  • made new friends, and drifted apart too. guess I am better off sticking with the ones I already have.
  • met THREE ch'ers, under weirdest circumtances... and introduced self when meeting.

... am sure there is more to this list that I can't remember now.

How was your 2011?

Back to top Go down

2011 Empty Re: 2011

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:24 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:
2011 is a close second. I can't find the sulekha post, but I had predicted that I see myself in a hotel a lot this year, and boy was that a prophecy.

Highlights of this year:

• met THREE ch'ers, under weirdest circumtances... and introduced self when meeting.

How was your 2011?

OK...now who are these THREE ??? ? and also the circumstances????

Let us hear ...

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:28 pm

actually just realized, one was in 2010.... so it's two this year.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:33 am

Tw met three desis. The conversation turned to sulekha. Immediately tw said that she was registered in forums and posted in tw handle. Just to be polite they said: oh ya, i've seen that name. So tw put 'three' against the row: chers met this year.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:29 am

I am going to have ganpath ram make a such post. Then I'll put 'one' against the row: suchers met this year. And then I won't disclose the identity of the sucher citing privacy reasons.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:58 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:Tw met three desis. The conversation turned to sulekha. Immediately tw said that she was registered in forums and posted in tw handle. Just to be polite they said: oh ya, i've seen that name. So tw put 'three' against the row: chers met this year.

hahaha... no no. that sentence was constructed wrong. I met three ch'ers... but either I, or them, or both disclosed our real id's only when we met. Before that, we had no idea how we looked, or what our real names were... To think about it, they might still have told me some fake name, and I would not know...... wait, that's really sad if that happened. Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:59 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:I am going to have ganpath ram make a such post. Then I'll put 'one' against the row: suchers met this year. And then I won't disclose the identity of the sucher citing privacy reasons.

LOL

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:09 am

Tracy Whitney wrote:
hahaha... no no. that sentence was constructed wrong. I met three ch'ers... but either I, or them, or both disclosed our real id's only when we met. Before that, we had no idea how we looked, or what our real names were... To think about it, they might still have told me some fake name, and I would not know...... wait, that's really sad if that happened. Crying or Very sad

Lmao. You used the right word - weirdest. Surreal but fun encounters you had. I guess the bay girl one was last year. Haffun...I'm off to a dinner party. Had goan fish curry for lunch today - forgot to take a snap.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:02 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:

Lmao. You used the right word - weirdest. Surreal but fun encounters you had. I guess the bay girl one was last year. Haffun...I'm off to a dinner party. Had goan fish curry for lunch today - forgot to take a snap.

Shaadi to ho gayi... bidai bhi ho gayi... ab kaunsi dinner party? You mean you are now partying in sali's sasural?

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:23 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:and introduced self when meeting.
Congratulations, Tracy. You know "Self." Did you discover it in 2011?
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:36 pm

charvaka wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:and introduced self when meeting.
Congratulations, Tracy. You know "Self." Did you discover it in 2011?

Hahaha. I know my English sucked overall in those bullet points. Happens when u r trying to write a post while also chatting on the side.

Anyway, I wrote like 11 points about 2011. And ALL everyone cares about is the ch'rs I've met. I may be fudging the number there too, ya know. Like I always do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:44 pm

Tracu Whitney wrote:

Shaadi to ho gayi... bidai bhi ho gayi... ab kaunsi dinner party? You mean you are now partying in sali's sasural?

Ya. Its back to home from tomorrow.

Back to top Go down

Post by chameli Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:46 pm

2011 was uneventful for me

any year or event will be eventful if i gave it its due worth

i feel my whole life is passing before me as if in a dream

and i am being pulled by my strings like a puppet Sad
chameli
chameli

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:14 am

Tracy Whitney wrote:2011 was the one of the craziest years for me, as far as I can see through my life so far... guess 1998 was another one that was craziest before that... when I had gotten married, gotten pregnant, had a baby, finished Masters, and began interviewing for my first job... all in one year ... Ya in terms of highlights and "firsts", 1998 is still high up there.

Highlights of this year:

• drove through the "blizzard"... well this was in December 2010, but counting it for this year, as my life begin changing Mid December 2010.
  • travelled DC, PA, Niagara, NYC, NJ theme parks and museums, NJ beaches, Orlando (Disney, Epcot, Universal studios), Alaska.
  • travelled india, and had family over too, all in one year. Met rents twice, sister thrice, and brother two times. in different combos (rents-bro, sis-bro, sis-rents, just sis, just bro), but never all together.
  • made new friends, and drifted apart too. guess I am better off sticking with the ones I already have.

How was your 2011?

One more..

- permed (first time ever) and straightened my hair in the same year.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:15 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
Tracu Whitney wrote:

Ya. Its back to home from tomorrow.

Sorry not in sali's sasural but in my sasural. I skipped the reception in her sasural - too far.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:55 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:2011 was the one of the craziest years for me, as far as I can see through my life so far... guess 1998 was another one that was craziest before that... when I had gotten married, gotten pregnant, had a baby, finished Masters, and began interviewing for my first job... all in one year ... Ya in terms of highlights and "firsts", 1998 is still high up there.

Highlights of this year:

How was your 2011?

One more..

- permed (first time ever) and straightened my hair in the same year.

One more. Got my first speeding ticket ever. Hopefully last too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:13 am

Tracy Whitney wrote:
One more. Got my first speeding ticket ever. Hopefully last too.

Congratulations ! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally....it took you so looooooooong to

lose your virginity????

How was it? Were you nervous ? Was he gentle and nice, easy with you bcz it was your first time?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down