Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

open letter from veep

+2
swapna
MaxEntropy_Man
6 posters

Go down

open letter from veep Empty open letter from veep

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:39 pm

https://www.buzzfeed.com/tomnamako/joe-biden-writes-an-open-letter-to-stanford-survivor?utm_term=.ikjAK4ZrE#.fuM7kZ1ab
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

open letter from veep Empty Re: open letter from veep

Post by swapna Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:17 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:https://www.buzzfeed.com/tomnamako/joe-biden-writes-an-open-letter-to-stanford-survivor?utm_term=.ikjAK4ZrE#.fuM7kZ1ab
is everyone here incapable of reading or listening to the news by themselves? do they need you to provide them links to the news? 

does your post add any value? do you have any opinion? any insightful observation to add? was the judge's sentence inadequate? would castration that you've advocated before be adequate?

why didn't you ask biden why he isn't questioning the judge's sentence?

biden says, "sex without consent is rape." do you know that   b I d e n   i s   w r o n g ?

ah, your entire post was written sarcastically?

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:11 am

swapna wrote:

biden says, "sex without consent is rape." do you know that   b I d e n   i s   w r o n g ?
If non-consensual sex is not rape, what do you call it?

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:38 am

goodcitizn wrote:
swapna wrote:

I think swapna was likely talking about non-consensual sex with one's own hand.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:54 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
swapna wrote:

lol!

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:28 am

swapna wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:https://www.buzzfeed.com/tomnamako/joe-biden-writes-an-open-letter-to-stanford-survivor?utm_term=.ikjAK4ZrE#.fuM7kZ1ab
is everyone here incapable of reading or listening to the news by themselves? do they need you to provide them links to the news? 

does your post add any value? do you have any opinion? any insightful observation to add? was the judge's sentence inadequate? would castration that you've advocated before be adequate?

why didn't you ask biden why he isn't questioning the judge's sentence?

ah, your entire post was written sarcastically?

querulous in texas (that's like sleepless in seattle).

not castration of the surgical kind; chemical castration which suppresses libido. it's an appropriate and painless measure to keep women and children safe from sexual predators.

you asked about the judge. i think he had a conflict of interest to begin with and should not have been allowed to sit in judgment of this waste of space.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:13 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
swapna wrote:

as hard it is just to hold when taking a pee, you have very high expectations of him; but then he is a CJ, and the rules may be different. Wink

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by silvermani Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:27 am

Biden himself is infamous for groping women. Like Hitlery, he seems to be a typical hypocritical democrat.
silvermani
silvermani

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:29 am

silvermani wrote:Biden himself is infamous for groping women. Like Hitlery, he seems to be a typical hypocritical democrat.

that's slander!
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by silvermani Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:35 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
silvermani wrote:Biden himself is infamous for groping women. Like Hitlery, he seems to be a typical hypocritical democrat.

that's slander!

No, it's not.
silvermani
silvermani

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:46 am

still slander.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:57 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:still slander.
Joe Biden's theme song.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:08 am

goodcitizn wrote:
swapna wrote:

sexual assault. that's what the prosecution called it too. 

not all sexual assault is rape; rape is sexual intercourse that is forcibly perpetrated on another person. in other words, if the man's penis did not penetrate the other person's orifice, it was not rape, and the man was not charged with rape, apparently becuse he used his fingers. 

I wish biden would control his mouth.

btw, the men who protected the woman from further harm and called the police were swedish graduate students; biden wirhheld that information too in his letter. It was no open letter; it was an emotional outburst.

watching the tbs swarm, this thread has been an educational experience for me.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:18 am

swapna wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
swapna wrote:

not all sexual assault is rape; rape is sexual intercourse that is forcibly perpetrated on another person. in other words, if the man's penis did not penetrate the other person's orifice, it was not rape, and the man was not charged with rape, apparently becuse he used his fingers

btw, the men who protected the woman from further harm and called the police were swedish graduate students; biden wirhheld that information too in his letter. It was no open letter; it was an emotional outburst.

the justice department of the united states disagrees with you. here is their definition, reproduced at the FBI's website:

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/recent-program-updates/new-rape-definition-frequently-asked-questions
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:23 am

swapna wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
swapna wrote:

not all sexual assault is rape; rape is sexual intercourse that is forcibly perpetrated on another person. in other words, if the man's penis did not penetrate the other person's orifice, it was not rape, and the man was not charged with rape, apparently becuse he used his fingers. 
Bullshit. Any sexual act that is non-consensual, forcibly performed in penetrating the other person's orifice, using the penis or any other body part, or for that matter, any foreign object, is rape. Watering it down to an assault is just a defense. Try selling it to a victim.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by silvermani Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:31 am

Sure it is - in your mind.
silvermani
silvermani

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:48 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
swapna wrote:

irrelevant! furthermore, asinine.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:14 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
swapna wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
swapna wrote:

not all sexual assault is rape; rape is sexual intercourse that is forcibly perpetrated on another person. in other words, if the man's penis did not penetrate the other person's orifice, it was not rape, and the man was not charged with rape, apparently becuse he used his fingers

the justice department of the united states disagrees with you. here is their definition, reproduced at the FBI's website:

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/recent-program-updates/new-rape-definition-frequently-asked-questions
irrelevant!

the charge was brought by the state of california, not by the united states, and california does not include digital penetration or penetration by any foreign object in its definition of rape

indeed, the main charge brought against brock turner was "sexual assault with intent to rape," not rape.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:36 pm

goodcitizn wrote:
Joe Biden's theme song.

their early harmonies, e.g. "sounds of silence," were enjoyable, but I haven't listened to simon after garfunkel left the group. moreover, simon exploits foreign groups like ladysmith black mombaso (sp?) who may be kenyans. this boy, simon, has not been creative for decades.

consider getting simon to sing "please, mr. gupta, no hindi 'imposition'."

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:47 pm

silvermani wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

that's slander!

No, it's not.

when the professor has a man crush, he crushes hardddd

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:53 pm

swapna wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
Joe Biden's theme song.

their early harmonies, e.g. "sounds of silence," were enjoyable, but I haven't listened to simon after garfunkel left the group. moreover, simon exploits foreign groups like ladysmith black mombaso (sp?) who may be kenyans. this boy, simon, has not been creative for decades.

a joke that might have been funny in 1968

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:54 pm

goodcitizn wrote:
swapna wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
swapna wrote:

Bullshit. Any sexual act that is non-consensual, forcibly performed in penetrating the other person's orifice, using the penis or any other body part, or for that matter, any foreign object, is rape. Watering it down to an assault is just a defense. Try selling it to a victim.
wrong! what constitutes rape depends on the laws that apply in the state that brings the charge. in many states, including california, penetration by the penis is a required condition to charge a person with rape. 

no matter what it's called, it makes eminent sense to draw a sharp distinction between penetration by penis, and by other body parts or objects. the reason is that the penis can transmit hiv and vanerial diseases, and impregnate a woman.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:01 pm

swapna wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
swapna wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
swapna wrote:

wrong! what constitutes rape depends on the laws that apply in the state that brings the charge. in many states, including california, penetration by the penis is a required condition to charge a person with rape. 

no matter what it's called, it makes eminent sense to draw a sharp distinction between penetration by penis, and by other body parts or objects. the reason is that the penis can transmit hiv and vanerial diseases, and impregnate a woman.

what is a vanerial disease, you diseased1?

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:13 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
swapna wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
Joe Biden's theme song.

a joke that might have been funny in 1968
Hey, Props, didn't you know that the cabbage is a garden vegetable that is as large and as hilariously funny as Mburuburu's head?

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:18 pm

swapna wrote:
So can a hypodermic needle or other objects used by an infected person.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:33 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
swapna wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
swapna wrote:

here's some information on rape laws:

http://time.com/4362949/stanford-sexual-assault-not-rape/

I suspect that you already knew much of what's in the article.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:38 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
swapna wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
swapna wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:

correction: venerial disease.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:43 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
swapna wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
swapna wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:

I thought you loved me! are you upset with me because I continue to use the semi-colon?

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:34 pm

swapna wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
swapna wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
swapna wrote:

i did not realize that california law and US federal law were different on this count. i agree with the broader definition. the issue of rape and sexual assault is roiling many american campuses as i am sure you are aware. i was at freshman orientation at a university recently and this was an important subject of discussion. the university's police department made a presentation in addition to student health services and lawyers from the university. i agree with unambiguous consent being the dividing line between rape and no rape. any penetration of any orifice without consent, by any object, should be considered rape. end of story.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:41 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
swapna wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
swapna wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:

i did not realize that california law and US federal law were different on this count. i agree with the broader definition. the issue of rape and sexual assault is roiling many american campuses as i am sure you are aware. i was at freshman orientation at a university recently and this was an important subject of discussion. the university's police department made a presentation in addition to student health services and lawyers from the university. i agree with unambiguous consent being the dividing line between rape and no rape. any penetration of any orifice without consent, by any object, shoulyd be considered rape. end of story.
I disagree. penetration by the penis must be differentiated from penetration by anything else because there is an order-of-magnitude increase in the seriousness of the consequences to the victim when penetration is by penis, namely, the risks of pregnancy, and infections such as hiv and venerial diseases.

not acknowledging the differences also prevents the most suitable punishment being assigned for a given crime. the tendency to not differentiate is, I believe, caused by the desire to bend over backwards to satisfy women, and to compensate them for generations of past injustices.

it's impractical and unjust to expect the law on one type of crime - sexual assault - to compensate present-day women for all past injustices towards women, at the cost of injustices and inhumanity towards contemporary males.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:06 pm

It's not just women who are raped.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:52 pm

swapna wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
swapna wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
swapna wrote:

i did not realize that california law and US federal law were different on this count. i agree with the broader definition. the issue of rape and sexual assault is roiling many american campuses as i am sure you are aware. i was at freshman orientation at a university recently and this was an important subject of discussion. the university's police department made a presentation in addition to student health services and lawyers from the university. i agree with unambiguous consent being the dividing line between rape and no rape. any penetration of any orifice without consent, by any object, shoulyd be considered rape. end of story.
I disagree. penetration by the penis must be differentiated from penetration by anything else because there is an order-of-magnitude increase in the seriousness of the consequences to the victim when penetration is by penis, namely, the risks of pregnancy, and infections such as hiv and venerial diseases.

not acknowledging the differences also prevents the most suitable punishment being assigned for a given crime. the tendency to not differentiate is, I believe, caused by the desire to bend over backwards to satisfy women, and to compensate them for generations of past injustices.

it's impractical and unjust to expect the law on one type of crime - sexual assault - to compensate present-day women for all past injustices towards women, at the cost of injustices and inhumanity towards contemporary males.
Absurd. What is the guarantee that digital penetration by an HIV person won't infect the other?

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:32 pm

swapna wrote:  not all sexual assault is rape; rape is sexual intercourse that is forcibly perpetrated on another person. in other words, if the man's penis did not penetrate the other person's orifice, it was not rape...

...watching the tbs swarm, this thread has been an educational experience for me.

Yo, sapna..you sayin' it ain't no rape cuz no jizz was found by DNA test, and so no rape..wtf? what if he had humped using rubber?

while at it, tell us yo, what new stuff did you learn about tbs?  

* i trust this is technically crlass enough for your highness Rolling Eyes

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:01 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:It's not just women who are raped.
is that so?

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:43 pm

aaron persky removed from another case due to lack of prosecution confidence in him:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/aaron-persky-brock-turner-new-case_us_576123a8e4b0df4d586e9c81
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by silvermani Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:04 pm

He is being made an example of but what he has done is nothing new. The justice you can afford is the justice you will get in America. Kobe Bryant didn't serve a single day in jail thanks to the high profile attorneys that argued on his behalf. 
silvermani
silvermani

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:13 pm

silvermani wrote:He is being made an example of but what he has done is nothing new. The justice you can afford is the justice you will get in America. Kobe Bryant didn't serve a single day in jail thanks to the high profile attorneys that argued on his behalf. 

courts across the globe are courts of law, not necessarily of justice. justice varies with individual's perception of the alleged crime.

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down