Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm sure this is a random shooting

+5
goodcitizn
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
Hellsangel
MaxEntropy_Man
Propagandhi711
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

I'm sure this is a random shooting - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm sure this is a random shooting

Post by Hellsangel Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:38 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3325100/NRA-defends-blocking-bill-stop-terrorists-getting-guns-emerges-TWO-THOUSAND-suspected-extremists-freely-purchased-firearms-U-S.html
A criteria that even the ACLU has criticized. Are you suddenly in opposition to the ACLU, Il Professore?

i don't support an organization blindly. if the ACLU is opposed to this, then in this instance i disagree with the ACLU. if you are on a watch list or if you are a suspected of terrorism, i want the government to hold off on selling guns to you until you are properly investigated.
With a name like yours, you're very safe. But do you know how screwed up the no-fly list is, Il Professore?

https://www.aclu.org/infographic/grounded-life-no-fly-list

You get on that list just by sharing a name with someone who is suspect.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

I'm sure this is a random shooting - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm sure this is a random shooting

Post by Hellsangel Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:13 pm

Someone just said this to me "Obama is a pussy."

Regarding how he is handling terrorism.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:36 pm

Hellsangel wrote:Someone just said this to me "Obama is a pussy."

You'll hear that a lot when you are inside an echo chamber. Try and step outside once a while.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:06 pm

I dont think he is a pussy. He thinks the iSlamis are "salvageable" and he is being a bit naive although he means well.

At the least, he should have come out with an open and honest statement that the reasons behind an increasing number of muslim youth resorting to terrorism need to be investigated and the moderate muslims shoud take responsibility in propagating the moderate views of iSlam preventing the youth from getting radicalised. I dont think anyone except Trump and the Looney Co is brave enough to say that openly.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:23 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

I dont think he is a pussy. He thinks the iSlamis are "salvageable" and he is being a bit naive although he means well.

At the least, he should have come out with an open and honest statement that the reasons behind an increasing number of muslim youth resorting to terrorism need to be investigated and the moderate muslims shoud take responsibility in propagating the moderate views of iSlam preventing the youth from getting radicalised.  I dont think anyone except Trump and the Looney Co is brave enough to say that openly.

He has often said something very similar to what you wrote above. But if people choose to be deliberately tone deaf, it's difficult to hear him.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/feb/19/obama-tells-moderate-muslims-dont-let-isis-hijack-islam
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:19 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

At the least, he should have come out with an open and honest statement that the reasons behind an increasing number of muslim youth resorting to terrorism need to be investigated and the moderate muslims shoud take responsibility in propagating the moderate views of iSlam preventing the youth from getting radicalised.  I dont think anyone except Trump and the Looney Co is brave enough to say that openly.

He has often said something very similar to what you wrote above. But if people choose to be deliberately tone deaf, it's difficult to hear him.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/feb/19/obama-tells-moderate-muslims-dont-let-isis-hijack-islam

He said that on Feb 19, 2015 - 15 months ago. Isn't today a more appropriate time to tell these fake-peace folks. people are not tone deaf. People are easily recognizing the fear of political correctness. I bet 70% of US population silently approve of what Trump said today bcz he openly said what everyone else is afraid to say openly for fearing of being called a bigot.

There is only one group that is bigotted. The muslims who think only they are rigth and everyone else deserve to die.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:54 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:I'm sure that quip makes you feel smart, but it only exposes your bias. not a word about islamic fundies and the legitimate fear concerning their ongoing immigration but focus on intelligence failures, republican party and nra...surprising you didnt work in trump, modi and chaddis into it somehow to complete the roundup of usual suspects.

Sure. Breastbeating limpwristedly and wailing about Islam - the religion of terror - and dubbing all muslims as terrorists is going to solve the problem. Why stop the free availability of guns when the bad guys are going to find some other means to kill us all anyway?

Trust wanker boy to inject sense and rationality into any discussion.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:40 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

You'll hear that a lot when you are inside an echo chamber. Try and step outside once a while.
In your pure adulation of Obambi,you will think that everyone else should worship him as you do. You fail to see more and more independents feel that way. The frog in the well is Libby academics like you.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:23 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:I want to hear about why this guy was on the FBI watch list and nothing was done about it. I want to hear about how Republican obstinacy about background checks and preventing sales to terrorists enabled this guy. I want to know how this guy got his weapons. I don't want to hear about thoughts and prayers.
Blaming the Republican Party or the NRA is not going to solve anything. The real problem is the easy availability of illegal guns and assault weapons. This blackmarket must be eradicated by legal means.

do you know what percentage of weapons used in mass shootings have been bought illegally? and why is this an either or proposition? we can do logical and urgently needed things like preventing weapon sales to guys on watch lists AND do something about illegal gun sales. they aren't mutually exclusive.
I have already questioned about him being a federally licensed security guard when he was on the FBI watchlist; his employer was not even informed about it according to the firm. How come FBI didn't question his ex-wife who has stated about his abusive behavior, propensity for violence and his mental instability? At least one of his co-workers knew of his bigotry and leanings, particularly his remarks about killing people.

Why are you blaming the Republicans or the NRA when any nutcase can easily get an assault rifle without a license, without a background check, without filling out a single sheet of paper simply from one of hundreds of illegal sources? Shouldn't eradicating that be a priority particularly when it is not part of the Second Amendment?

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:24 am

Hellsangel wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3325100/NRA-defends-blocking-bill-stop-terrorists-getting-guns-emerges-TWO-THOUSAND-suspected-extremists-freely-purchased-firearms-U-S.html
A criteria that even the ACLU has criticized. Are you suddenly in opposition to the ACLU, Il Professore?
"a criterion," not "a criteria."

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:40 am

swapna wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
HTH, Ammachi:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/criteria wrote:
singular criteria is not uncommon in edited prose, and its use both in speech and writing seems to be increasing. Only time will tell whether it will reach the unquestioned acceptability of agenda.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:56 am

Hellsangel wrote:
swapna wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
HTH, Ammachi:

singular criteria is not uncommon in edited prose, and its use both in speech and writing seems to be increasing. Only time will tell whether it will reach the unquestioned acceptability of agenda.
apparently, the acceptability of "criteria" for "criterion" is questionable.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:48 am

swapna wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
swapna wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
HTH, Ammachi:

Apparently it is not uncommon, Ammachi.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:08 am

Home grown terror
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:23 am

Hellsangel wrote:
swapna wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
swapna wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
HTH, Ammachi:

I had not commented on how common it is, but only about its incorrectness and unacceptability, angel.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:25 am

swapna wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
swapna wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
swapna wrote:
HTH, Ammachi:

I had not commented on how common it is, but only about its incorrectness and unacceptability, angel.
Unacceptable to you perhaps, Ammachi. And questionable to you. But used regardless. Deal with it.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:42 am

Hellsangel wrote:
swapna wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
swapna wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
HTH, Ammachi:

Unacceptable to you perhaps, Ammachi. And questionable to you. But used regardless. Deal with it.
according to webster, its acceptability is questioned by others too.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:46 am

swapna wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
swapna wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
swapna wrote:

And yet its usage is increasing. Get with the times, Ammachi.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:53 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:I'm sure that quip makes you feel smart, but it only exposes your bias. not a word about islamic fundies and the legitimate fear concerning their ongoing immigration but focus on intelligence failures, republican party and nra...surprising you didnt work in trump, modi and chaddis into it somehow to complete the roundup of usual suspects.

Sure. Breastbeating limpwristedly and wailing about Islam - the religion of terror - and dubbing all muslims as terrorists is going to solve the problem. Why stop the free availability of guns when the bad guys are going to find some other means to kill us all anyway?

go suck on a bearded mullah penis in a backalley, midget.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:29 am

Hellsangel wrote:
swapna wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
swapna wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:

"usage is increasing" does not mean that "a large number or percentage of people are using It." if 10 people out of the 320 million people of the u.s. said "a criteria" in 2013, 18 used the phrase in 2014, and 20 did in 2015, usage is increasing, but it is negligible. moreover, the rate of increase is decreasing, and usage may attain an equilibrium at a still-low level.

regardless, it is typically incorrect american english. following the herd is a bad idea; so is using weak logic.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:32 am

swapna wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
swapna wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
swapna wrote:
"usage is increasing" does not mean that "a large number or percentage of people are using It." if 10 people out of the 320 million people of the u.s. said "a criteria" in 2013, 18 used the phrase in 2014, and 20 did in 2015, usage is increasing, but it is negligible. moreover, the rate of increase is decreasing, and usage may attain an equilibrium at a still-low level.

regardless, it is typically incorrect american english. following the herd is a bad idea; so is using weak logic.
You live in the United States, Ammachi. Yet you've never learned to spell 'color' or 'neighbor'. No one says agendum or datum anymore to specify singular usage. No one will say criterion in a few years. You evolve or you stay a dinosaur.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:33 am

The charming father
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:36 am

Hellsangel wrote:The charming father

Must be Jerry Falwell's buddy. Funny how right wing loonies have such broad overlaps.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:40 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:The charming father

Must be Jerry Falwell's buddy. Funny how right wing loonies have such broad overlaps.

And yet the father seems close to Dem politicians. And Jerry Falwell and or his kin didn't go around shooting up night clubs.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:52 pm

If you're under investigation by the FBI, you shouldn't be able to buy a gun - Shrillery

If you're under investigation by the FBI, you shouldn't run for President - The People
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:19 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:

go suck on a bearded mullah penis in a backalley, midget.

Haha..you seem to be obsessively stuck with that visual..how many times have you wanked off to that, wanker boy?
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:17 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:

• The suspect was identified as Omar Mateen, a 29-year-old U.S. citizen whose family is believed to be from Afghanistan. Federal officials are investigating Mateen's possible ties to radical terror organizations.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/orlando-fla-ap-gunman-wielding-000000701.html
Happy Ramzan
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:22 am

Hellsangel wrote:
swapna wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
swapna wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:

You live in the United States, Ammachi.

** I do, and I am indian, not american.

Yet you've never learned to spell 'color' or 'neighbor'.

** I choose to spell those words as 'colour' and 'neighbour.'

No one says agendum or datum anymore to specify singular usage.

** and everyone who knows and respects basic grammar and effective communication says "a criterion," not "a criteria."

No one will say criterion in a few years.

** no one who knows grammar says "a criteria" now. neither you nor I know whether people will say "criterion" in a few years; even webster doesn't.

You evolve or you stay a dinosaur.

** a dinosaur is an inappropriate analogy; it is extinct. the use of "a criterion" is alive and well. extinction is irrelevant here. what's relevant is that "a criteria" is plainly wrong.

** following irrational and inconsistent american language and spelling habits is moronic. I shall say more about those habits later; they are not as innocuous or sensible as you seem to think.
** see ** above for my responses.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:27 am

swapna wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
swapna wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:
swapna wrote:

You live in the United States, Ammachi.

** I do, and I am indian, not american.

Yet you've never learned to spell 'color' or 'neighbor'.

** I choose to spell those words as 'colour' and 'neighbour.'

No one says agendum or datum anymore to specify singular usage.

** and everyone who knows and respects basic grammar and effective communication says "a criterion," not "a criteria."

No one will say criterion in a few years.

** no one who knows grammar says "a criteria" now. neither you nor I know whether people will say "criterion" in a few years; even webster doesn't.

You evolve or you stay a dinosaur.

** a dinosaur is an inappropriate analogy; it is extinct. the use of "a criterion" is alive and well. extinction is irrelevant here. what's relevant is that "a criteria" is plainly wrong.

** following irrational and inconsistent american language and spelling habits is moronic. I shall say more about those habits later; they are not as innocuous or sensible as you seem to think.
** see ** above for my responses.

Don't you think your "silliness" is highly irrelevant to the topic ?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2