Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

to goodcitizen

4 posters

Go down

to goodcitizen Empty to goodcitizen

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:19 pm

goodcitizn wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:I want to hear about why this guy was on the FBI watch list and nothing was done about it. I want to hear about how Republican obstinacy about background checks and preventing sales to terrorists enabled this guy. I want to know how this guy got his weapons. I don't want to hear about thoughts and prayers.
Blaming the Republican Party or the NRA is not going to solve anything. The real problem is the easy availability of illegal guns and assault weapons. This blackmarket must be eradicated by legal means.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/10/03/us/how-mass-shooters-got-their-guns.html?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

to goodcitizen Empty Re: to goodcitizen

Post by goodcitizn Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:14 am

Yes, I also read the article. While the guns in most cases were acquired legally (except for a neighbor buying the assault rifles for the Farooks), there was a real problem in documenting the backgrounds of these individuals. Until a crime is committed such lapses don't surface. FBI goofed in the Orlando shooting case in my opinion.

I think these nutcases will get their weapons even if more gun control measures are put in place because of the blackmarket. Nothing is being done to eradicate this. Nobody seems to be highlighting this problem.

I have said in the past that I am against the sale of assault weapons to ordinary citizens.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:20 am

People are denied gun permits all the time. With this guy the FBI dropped the ball. Probably because they don't want to be viewed as going after people for their religion, in other words out of political correctness that Obambi has been preaching.

to goodcitizen 13392078_10154317236840407_8830934675732188282_o
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:23 am

Hellsangel wrote:People are denied gun permits all the time. With this guy the FBI dropped the ball. Probably because they don't want to be viewed as going after people for their religion, in other words out of political correctness that Obambi has been preaching.

to goodcitizen 13392078_10154317236840407_8830934675732188282_o

Practicing political correctness never results in correct politics.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:27 am

goodcitizn wrote:Yes, I also read the article. While the guns in most cases were acquired legally (except for a neighbor buying the assault rifles for the Farooks), there was a real problem in documenting the backgrounds of these individuals. Until a crime is committed such lapses don't surface. FBI goofed in the Orlando shooting case in my opinion.

I think these nutcases will get their weapons even if more gun control measures are put in place because of the black market. Nothing is being done to eradicate this. Nobody seems to be highlighting this problem.

I have said in the past that I am against the sale of assault weapons to ordinary citizens.

your post reminds of the guy who lost his keys and was searching right under a streetlight. someone asked him where he had lost it, and he pointed to a dark spot a few hundred meters away. when asked why he was looking for it at a spot much further from he dropped his keys, he replied that there was more light where he was searching. when you know there is an obvious problem, fix it. most of the guns used in mass shootings have been acquired legally by people on terror watch lists, people with mental illness etc. so how about we fix it?

and fixing that problem doesn't preclude one from stanching the flow of guns through the black market. it's not an either/or proposition.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:33 am

And Obambi still won't use the term.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:37 am

http://www.floridatoday.com/story/news/crime/2016/06/12/who-omar-mateen/85791280/ wrote:Gilroy, a former Fort Pierce police officer, said Mateen frequently made homophobic and racial comments. Gilroy said he complained to his employer several times but it did nothing because he was Muslim.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:08 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:Yes, I also read the article. While the guns in most cases were acquired legally (except for a neighbor buying the assault rifles for the Farooks), there was a real problem in documenting the backgrounds of these individuals. Until a crime is committed such lapses don't surface. FBI goofed in the Orlando shooting case in my opinion.

I think these nutcases will get their weapons even if more gun control measures are put in place because of the black market. Nothing is being done to eradicate this. Nobody seems to be highlighting this problem.

your post reminds of the guy who lost his keys and was searching right under a streetlight. someone asked him where he had lost it, and he pointed to a dark spot a few hundred meters away. when asked why he was looking for it at a spot much further from he dropped his keys, he replied that there was more light where he was searching. when you know there is an obvious problem, fix it. most of the guns used in mass shootings have been acquired legally by people on terror watch lists, people with mental illness etc. so how about we fix it?

and fixing that problem doesn't preclude one from stanching the flow of guns through the black market. it's not an either/or proposition.
To fix one bad cavity, your solution is to extract all teeth.

I have news for you. The Second Amendment won't be repealed even if you stand on a rooftop and yell to your heart's content. Like I said, banning the sale of assault weapons to ordinary citizens will be a good, first step. I am also for holding gun shops accountable for selling weapons to unqualified buyers. That is no different from a pharmacy being legally required to sell prescription drugs to qualified patients. I am for complete documentation of backgrounds of individuals and ready accessibility to such information to those who sell weapons. I am for eradicating the blackmarket for illegal guns.

These are steps that would help solve much of the problems we face today.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:17 am

goodcitizn wrote:. The Second Amendment won't be repealed even if you stand on a rooftop and yell to your heart's content.

Nowhere in any of my posts did I say that the second should be repealed. I have lived here for over two decades to know that the second is seared into the American psyche. We may as well try and outlaw hot dogs. Please read my posts more carefully. I meant exactly what I said.

If you are for preventing unqualified buyers from acquiring guns, then we are in violent agreement. My list of unqualified buyers among others include people on terror watch lists and the mentally ill.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:23 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:. The Second Amendment won't be repealed even if you stand on a rooftop and yell to your heart's content.

Nowhere in any of my posts did I say that the second should be repealed. I have lived here for over two decades to know that the second is seared into the American psyche. We may as well try and outlaw hot dogs. Please read my posts more carefully. I meant exactly what I said.

If you are for preventing unqualified buyers from acquiring guns, then we are in violent agreement. My list of unqualified buyers among others would include people on terror watch lists and the mentally ill.
You may not have verbalized it but that's how I have construed your stand to be after reading a multitude of your posts on this topic. I stand corrected.

Violent agreement? LOL.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:31 am

goodcitizn wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

If you are for preventing unqualified buyers from acquiring guns, then we are in violent agreement. My list of unqualified buyers among others would include people on terror watch lists and the mentally ill.
You may not have verbalized it but that's how I have construed your stand to be after reading a multitude of your posts on this topic. I stand corrected.

Violent agreement? LOL.

despite my non-support for repealing the second, i still have a huge beef with the NRA and their republican enablers. they have stood against every sensible legislative proposal that has been proposed by the president and the dems -- deeper background checks, preventing known and suspected terrorists and the mentally ill from acquiring guns, preventing introduction of smart gun legislation and on and on.  the NRA's truculent and obstinate position that any move towards a more sensible gun policy is an affront to the second amendment and is a slippery slope towards a full repeal is the principal reason why we have so many mass shootings in this country. and they run a mafia like operation, grading politicians and running or threatening to run candidates against incumbents in primaries if they even deviate an iota from full-on obeisance to the NRA.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:34 am

Hellsangel wrote:
http://www.floridatoday.com/story/news/crime/2016/06/12/who-omar-mateen/85791280/ wrote:Gilroy, a former Fort Pierce police officer, said Mateen frequently made homophobic and racial comments. Gilroy said he complained to his employer several times but it did nothing because he was Muslim.
Was his employer a Muslim or because Mateen was a Muslim?

It's a shame the police officer didn't file a background report on this guy.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:41 am

it's possible they will shift a little now that those "damned mozlems" have started to show how our lax gun laws can be used against us. we can only hope.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/06/04/al-qaeda-urges-american-muslims-to-buy-guns-for-terror-attacks.html

America is absolutely awash with easily obtainable firearms," said Gadahn, who is known as Azzam al-Amriki. "You can go down to a gun show at the local convention center and come away with a fully automatic assault rifle without a background check and most likely without having to show an identification card.

"So what are you waiting for?" he asked in a matter-of-fact tone.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:54 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

Violent agreement? LOL.

despite my non-support for repealing the second, i still have a huge beef with the NRA and their republican enablers. they have stood against every sensible legislative proposal that has been proposed by the president and the dems -- deeper background checks, preventing known and suspected terrorists and the mentally ill from acquiring guns, preventing introduction of smart gun legislation and on and on.  the NRA's truculent and obstinate position that any move towards a more sensible gun policy is an affront to the second amendment and is a slippery slope towards a full repeal is the principal reason why we have so many mass shootings in this country. and they run a mafia like operation, grading politicians and running or threatening to run candidates against incumbents in primaries if they even deviate an iota from full-on obeisance to the NRA.
I have had a big beef with the insurance and pharmaceutical lobbies over the years to no avail. NRA is no different. I predict the next weeks to be focusing more on Islamic radicals and less on gun laws. Our media knows what sells.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:48 am

goodcitizn wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

Violent agreement? LOL.

I have had a big beef with the insurance and pharmaceutical lobbies over the years to no avail. NRA is no different. I predict the next weeks to be focusing more on Islamic radicals and less on gun laws. Our media knows what sells.

What I never can understand is why people dont see the duplicity of the NRA. They are claiming the 2nd which is meant to "defend themselves" against government forces. This is now obsolete. But, openly NRA has twisted that and claims the 2nd gives them freedom to defend themselves against criminals and other rogues of the time.

If they want gun to shoot bird, bees and cockroaches - that is fine and dandy. They dont need assualt rifles for that.

They maintain the freedom to own guns - only the tup-tup - variety. All else have no place in a civil society.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:31 pm

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/06/13/orlando-killer-worked-for-dhs-state-contractor-that-helps-secure-us-embassies.html wrote:FBI Director James Comey on Monday also detailed the nature of the original complaints the bureau received back in 2013.
He said co-workers were concerned about "inflammatory and contradictory" statements he had made, including claiming family connections to Al Qaeda. Mateen later admitted making the statements but said he did so out of anger because he thought his co-workers were discriminating against him. The FBI closed the preliminary investigation, before briefly looking at him one more time in 2014. 
So much for the FBI investigation!
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:56 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/06/13/orlando-killer-worked-for-dhs-state-contractor-that-helps-secure-us-embassies.html wrote:FBI Director James Comey on Monday also detailed the nature of the original complaints the bureau received back in 2013.
He said co-workers were concerned about "inflammatory and contradictory" statements he had made, including claiming family connections to Al Qaeda. Mateen later admitted making the statements but said he did so out of anger because he thought his co-workers were discriminating against him. The FBI closed the preliminary investigation, before briefly looking at him one more time in 2014. 
So much for the FBI investigation!
His ex-wife also stated yesterday that FBI never spoke to her when they investigated him back then. A very shoddy job.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:20 pm

The same FBI is investigating Shrillery now.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down