Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Parents' carelessness?

+3
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
goodcitizn
Hellsangel
7 posters

Go down

Parents' carelessness? Empty Parents' carelessness?

Post by Hellsangel Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:26 am

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/06/15/florida-police-search-for-child-who-was-attacked-by-alligator-at-disney-resort.html
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Parents' carelessness? Empty Re: Parents' carelessness?

Post by goodcitizn Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:08 pm

If there were no warning signs of alligators, then the parents ought to sue. Apparently they were by the water's edge when the alligator suddenly pulled the boy away. The father jumped in to save to no avail. However, if there were signs posted then it could be a case of child endangerment.

Resorts and alligator sanctuaries don't mix.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:24 pm

goodcitizn wrote:If there were no warning signs of alligators, then the parents ought to sue. Apparently they were by the water's edge when the alligator suddenly pulled the boy away. The father jumped in to save to no avail. However, if there were signs posted then it could be a case of child endangerment.

Exactly... What is an alligator doing in a resort lake surrounded by traffic, tourists and kids?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:36 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:If there were no warning signs of alligators, then the parents ought to sue. Apparently they were by the water's edge when the alligator suddenly pulled the boy away. The father jumped in to save to no avail. However, if there were signs posted then it could be a case of child endangerment.

Exactly... What is an alligator doing in a resort lake surrounded by traffic, tourists and kids?

it's florida. the right question to ask is what are people doing near a floridian water body. we stayed at this very hotel many years ago. scary. that could have been us.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:17 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

it's florida. the right question to ask is what are people doing near a floridian water body. we stayed at this very hotel many years ago. scary. that could have been us.  
Are you kidding? No alligator is going to take a chance messing up with a prof.?
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:18 pm

Seva Lamberdar wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

Are you kidding? No alligator is going to take a chance messing up with a prof.?
Did the prof steal the alligator's code?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by silvermani Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:01 pm

+1. Disney could keep them behind a solid glass door as exhibits but to tell guests "relax by the beach" when there are alligators roaming around seems crazy. Below is info from another article. The lake is way too big and Disney has no control over how many alligators are in that lake. 

"The artificial lake, which is about 200 acres, is 14 feet deep in parts and feeds a series of canals that wind through the Disney complex. It lies across from Disney’s Magic Kingdom theme park."
silvermani
silvermani

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:12 pm

Obviously:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/15/us/alligator-attacks-child-disney-florida/index.html
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:05 pm

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/16/us/airboat-captain-disney-gators/index.html
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:03 am

Hellsangel wrote:http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/16/us/airboat-captain-disney-gators/index.html
Alligators are cold-blooded and need to sunbathe on the land from time to time. Where do these alligators bask?

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:38 am

goodcitizn wrote:
Hellsangel wrote:http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/16/us/airboat-captain-disney-gators/index.html
Alligators are cold-blooded and need to sunbathe on the land from time to time. Where do these alligators bask?
Don't tell me, "On the luxurious patio recliners on the resort hotel ..."   Smile

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:18 am

Have you seen the recent video of the giant alligator sauntering across the golf course, GC?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:29 am

Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:14 am

Hellsangel wrote:Have you seen the recent video of the giant alligator sauntering across the golf course, GC?
Yes, saw the video you posted. Wow, what a monster! Many years back, my brother and I went to play golf while vacationing in Kiawah Island. On a par 3 hole, my shot went into the bunker. As I walked up close, I found an alligator laying in the sand with its mouth open. I couldn't believe what I saw, shocked. My brother and I hurried up to the club house to report. They simply sent a ranger to chase it back into the water. It was common apparently. They did have a sign warning about alligators we hadn't noticed earlier. In any event we decided to abandon the round and have a few drinks at the 19th hole instead.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:19 am

Have you seen the other video of the gator ringing the door bell?

Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:27 am

Hellsangel wrote:Have you seen the other video of the gator ringing the door bell?

A Lacoste salesman call, perhaps?!

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by silvermani Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:20 pm

The only time I ever set foot in Florida was when I was coming back from Cancun and had a stop in Miami. I will make sure I never set foot in Florida ever again. Back in India, cobras were very common and they are no less deadly, but just the mere sight of a gator/croc freaks me out.
silvermani
silvermani

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:40 am

silvermani wrote:The only time I ever set foot in Florida was when I was coming back from Cancun and had a stop in Miami. I will make sure I never set foot in Florida ever again. Back in India, cobras were very common and they are no less deadly, but just the mere sight of a gator/croc freaks me out.

that's weird; cobras are sneaky and give very little warning time unlike the alligators etc., scratch

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down