Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the marine who saved dozens in orlando

+3
Kris
garam_kuta
pravalika nanda
7 posters

Go down

the marine who saved dozens in orlando Empty the marine who saved dozens in orlando

Post by pravalika nanda Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:06 pm

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2016/06/15/how-a-heroic-marines-military-training-helped-him-save-dozens-from-orlando-gunman/

interesting omission of his religion by wapo. interesting comments from the readers.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

the marine who saved dozens in orlando Empty Re: the marine who saved dozens in orlando

Post by garam_kuta Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:05 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2016/06/15/how-a-heroic-marines-military-training-helped-him-save-dozens-from-orlando-gunman/

interesting omission of his religion by wapo. interesting comments from the readers.

aiyaiyO! now, sapna is gonna ask for his castu equivalent Razz

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

the marine who saved dozens in orlando Empty Re: the marine who saved dozens in orlando

Post by Kris Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:42 am

pravalika nanda wrote:https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/checkpoint/wp/2016/06/15/how-a-heroic-marines-military-training-helped-him-save-dozens-from-orlando-gunman/

>>>Yep. It is quite possible they left it out as that would have hurt the narrative.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:02 am

Kris wrote:

>>>Yep. It is quite possible they left it out as that would have hurt the narrative.
I agree with PN and you. Fair reporting would have highlighted the fact that one American son of Muslim immigrants saved over 70 lives while another American son of immigrant parents massacred 49 people.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:05 am

goodcitizn wrote:
Kris wrote:

I agree with PN and you. Fair reporting would have highlighted the fact that one American son of Muslim immigrants saved over 70 lives while another American son of immigrant parents massacred 49 people.
>>GC,

Apparently the guy was a Hindu, even though his name doesn't suggest that. The WaPo article could have still made mention of that and the point could still have been that immigrants are not all bad. I think the intended effect though was to imply he was also a Muslim, although the article doesn't explicitly mention that.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:50 am

Kris wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
Kris wrote:

>>GC,

Apparently the guy was a Hindu, even though his name doesn't suggest that. The WaPo article could have still made mention of that and the point could still have been that immigrants are not all bad. I think the intended effect though was to imply he was also a Muslim, although the article doesn't explicitly mention that.
How a Hindu gets named Imran Yousef beats me! :-)

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:48 am

goodcitizn wrote:
Kris wrote:
goodcitizn wrote:
Kris wrote:

>>GC,

How a Hindu gets named Imran Yousef beats me! :-)
You just need to use the BIMARU chaddi dictionary for the meaning. Imran: Im = I am (aham); ra = ravi (the Sun); n = affirmative; Imran = I am definitely of the Ikshvaku dynasty. Yousef: You = though (God); sef = shortened version of self; Yousef = Brahman! 

So, Imran Yousef is a paan chewing UP Panda bhaiyya. He probably believes that Aurangajeb worshipped a thousand kafir lingams.......

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:57 am

He is of Caribbean descent. So much hoopla on the religion of a guy who just happened to be in a situation where he could help.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by silvermani Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:42 am

The perp was a crisis actor and was approached by the FBI in one of their counter terror operations. They tried to lure him in but he didn't bite. Don't know what to believe, what not to believe. 

Before Omar Mateen Committed Mass Murder, the FBI Tried To Lure Him Into a Terror Plot New revelations raise questions about the FBI’s role in shaping Mateen’s lethal mindset.
silvermani
silvermani

Back to top Go down

Post by goodcitizn Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:53 am

silvermani wrote:The perp was a crisis actor and was approached by the FBI in one of their counter terror operations. They tried to lure him in but he didn't bite. Don't know what to believe, what not to believe. 

Before Omar Mateen Committed Mass Murder, the FBI Tried To Lure Him Into a Terror Plot New revelations raise questions about the FBI’s role in shaping Mateen’s lethal mindset.
Yes, this casts FBI in a bad light.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down