Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I didn't know how racist America was until it elected its first black president.

+2
goodcitizn
garam_kuta
6 posters

Go down

I didn't know how racist America was until it elected its first black president. Empty I didn't know how racist America was until it elected its first black president.

Post by garam_kuta Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:37 am

I didn't know how racist America was until it elected its first black president. - What black America won't miss about Obama

"Obama isn't black. Black, in our political and social reality, means those descended from West African slaves," Debra J. Dickerson wrote in a 2007 column for Salon magazine.

Change No. 1: Unfriending white America
Change No. 2: Reliving their parents' nightmares

If Obama wasn't black then, he sure is now -- because he's been treated with such racial contempt, some blacks say.

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

I didn't know how racist America was until it elected its first black president. Empty Re: I didn't know how racist America was until it elected its first black president.

Post by goodcitizn Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:41 am

garam_kuta wrote:I didn't know how racist America was until it elected its first black president. - What black America won't miss about Obama

"Obama isn't black. Black, in our political and social reality, means those descended from West African slaves," Debra J. Dickerson wrote in a 2007 column for Salon magazine.

If Obama wasn't black then, he sure is now -- because he's been treated with such racial contempt, some blacks say.
Obama had an unfortunate problem when elected - the whites thought of him as black whereas the blacks considered him to be more white, not truly black. I agree with the statement in the article.

His mixed-race heritage, exotic upbringing overseas and professorial Ivy League persona didn't fit the traditional black leader mold.

Some still call him a Muslim since his father, who had never been a part of his life, was one. His African name with an Islamic middle name also had an effect on the White American perception.

Despite it all, he has brought dignity and decency to the presidency more than any other in recent times.

goodcitizn

Back to top Go down

I didn't know how racist America was until it elected its first black president. Empty Re: I didn't know how racist America was until it elected its first black president.

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:03 pm

goodcitizn wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:I didn't know how racist America was until it elected its first black president. - What black America won't miss about Obama

Obama had an unfortunate problem when elected - the whites thought of him as black whereas the blacks considered him to be more white, not truly black. I agree with the statement in the article.

His mixed-race heritage, exotic upbringing overseas and professorial Ivy League persona didn't fit the traditional black leader mold.

Some still call him a Muslim since his father, who had never been a part of his life, was one. His African name with an Islamic middle name also had an effect on the White American perception.

Despite it all, he has brought dignity and decency to the presidency more than any other in recent times.

Imagine if Obambi had been like any of his predecessors - Dubya, Bubba, Carter, anyone... non-whites would have a tough time to stand in major elections. Just like any Texan is now a laughing stock.

Simply put THIS GUY IS GREAT and good catch for the media for expert comment for the next 30 years. Carter can feel relieved that someone sensible, credible, and proven will be there to take his respected Ex_president position.

P.S. BTW, did Obama quit smoking ?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:39 pm

I didn't know how racist india was, and is, until i became a member of sulekha and such. black americans are, and have been better off than the "lower-caste" indians, but I don't think they do as much to improve themselves as the latter do.

the real surprise to me has been the tamil brahmin who lives in the u.s.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:30 pm

swapna wrote:

I didn't know how racist india was, and is, until i became a member of sulekha and such. black americans are, and have been better off than the "lower-caste" indians, but I don't think they do as much to improve themselves as the latter do.

அரண்டவன் கண்ணுக்கு இருண்டதெல்லாம் பேய் affraid

please don't mock black folks No

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by ashdoc Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:43 pm

secular indian lobby is busy telling americans how badly indians treat muslims and a similar american lobby is busy telling the world how badly americans treat blacks .

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:19 pm

swapna wrote:

Yeah. I know one racist Syrian Christian Iyer!

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down