Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My objections against Zakir Naik in 2015 was ignored by IICC: Arif Mohammad Khan

Go down

My objections against Zakir Naik in 2015 was ignored by IICC: Arif Mohammad Khan Empty My objections against Zakir Naik in 2015 was ignored by IICC: Arif Mohammad Khan

Post by rawemotions Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:16 pm

http://www.firstpost.com/india/my-objections-against-zakir-naik-in-2015-were-ignored-by-iicc-arif-mohammad-khan-2883154.html

Perhaps it makes sense to censure IICC, which ignored comments from Arif pertaining to Zakir's speeches that were in direct conflict with the constitution of India.

Excerpts

On 17 January, 2015, Arif Mohammad Khan wrote a letter to Siraj Quraishi, president of India Islamic Cultural Centre (IICC) raising serious objections against Zakir Naik being invited by the centre to deliver a lecture.

Khan cited several examples from Naik speech to highlight the radical side of the controversial Islamic preacher and televangelist. Khan cited Naik views on other religions, women rights and free speech and expression, which undoubtedly is regressive and smacks of undiluted radicalism.
According to Khan, Zakir Naik has supported a ban on the construction of non-Muslim places of worship in Muslim lands and has stressed that “revealing clothes make western women more susceptible to rape.”
Further questioning Naik’s “scholarship” Khan wrote, “Yes, he is a master in the science of spewing hatred and venom and ridiculing other religions.

rawemotions

Back to top Go down