Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Arundadhi Roy: If you say India is ancient, it was really formed in 1947, It still functions as a colonial country.

4 posters

Go down

Arundadhi Roy: If you say India is ancient, it was really formed in 1947,  It still functions as a colonial country. Empty Arundadhi Roy: If you say India is ancient, it was really formed in 1947, It still functions as a colonial country.

Post by Kayalvizhi Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:39 pm

When asked " You keep telling that India might break, but if it does, will it not affect you, as an Indian", Arundhathi Roy answered, in her interview to Tamil weekly Aananda Vikatan.

"I do not know how do we understand the term'India'.

If you say it is ancient, it was really formed in 1947, that too, out of Partition. It still functions as a colonial country. Say, sending troops to quell a protest, or creating rifts in other countries. Nationalism is good. But there should be justice. The size of my country in the world map will not affect me so much, as the violence and oppression committed in the name of my country.

Dr. Thanjai Nalankilli said the same in a 1999 article

:The British conquered the various kingdoms in the Indian subcontinent one by one. Then, for ease of administering (ruling) the conquered territories, the British set up an administrative unit called India. A country or administrative unit called India (or by any other name), comprising of the current territories of India, never existed in all known history, before the British conquest and consolidation."

Read the full article at
http://www.tamiltribune.com/99/0402-why-tamil-nadu-independence.html

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Arundadhi Roy: If you say India is ancient, it was really formed in 1947,  It still functions as a colonial country. Empty Re: Arundadhi Roy: If you say India is ancient, it was really formed in 1947, It still functions as a colonial country.

Post by Kayalvizhi Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:54 pm

Hindian gov is about to change name of Madras High Court to Chennai High Court. TN CM JL wants it to be changed to Tamil Nadu High Court.

I support the chief minister.

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Arundadhi Roy: If you say India is ancient, it was really formed in 1947,  It still functions as a colonial country. Empty Re: Arundadhi Roy: If you say India is ancient, it was really formed in 1947, It still functions as a colonial country.

Post by Kayalvizhi Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:55 pm

TN CM Jayalalitha speaks eloquently of Tamil,

சட்டசபையில் இன்று முதல்-அமைச்சர் ஜெயலலிதா தனி தீர்மானம் கொண்டு வந்தார். அப்போது அவர் கூறியதாவது:-

கல் தோன்றி மண் தோன்றாக் காலத்தே முன் தோன்றிய மூத்தக் குடி தமிழ்க் குடி!

உலகில் எத்தனையோ மொழிகள் பேசப்படுகின்றன. இருந்தாலும், பல்வேறு மொழிகளுக்கு இல்லாத சிறப்பு அன்னைத் தமிழ் மொழிக்கு உண்டு. வார்த் தைக்கு பஞ்சமில்லா மொழி தமிழ் மொழி. தமிழ்ச் சொல்லுக்கு தனி ஓசையுண்டு! எண்ணமெல்லாம் ஈர்க்கும் திறனுண்டு! இன்னும் எத்தனையோ சிறப்புகள் உண்டு! இயல், இசை, நாடகம் என்று முத்தமிழாய்ப் பிரித்து மொழியில் தனித் தன்மையை பழந்தமிழ் பெரியோர்கள் உண்டாக்கினர். யாழின் இனிமையோ, குழலின் நாதமோ என்று வியந்திடும் வண்ணம் அழகிய சொற் களைக் கொண்ட மொழி தமிழ் மொழி.

பல்லாயிரக்கணக்கான ஆண்டுகளுக்கு முன்பே கடல் கடந்து உலகமெங்கும் வணிகம் புரிந்து வரலாற்றை படைத்த நாடு தமிழ்நாடு! கல்வியில் சிறந்த நாடு தமிழ்நாடு! அறம் வளர்த்த நாடு தமிழ்நாடு! தியாகம் பிறந்த நாடு தமிழ்நாடு! வீரம் செறிந்த நாடு தமிழ்நாடு! அனைத்து சமயங்களையும் போற்றி வளர்க்கின்ற நாடு தமிழ்நாடு! வள்ளுவன் தன்னை உலகுக்கு அளித்து வான்புகழ் கொண்ட நாடு தமிழ்நாடு! கலைக்கு மதிப்பு கொடுப்பது தமிழ்நாடு! வந்தாரை வாழ வைக்கும் நாடு தமிழ்நாடு!

நீண்ட நெடிய வரலாற்று பராம்பரியமும், பண்டைய நாகரிகத்தையும், கலாச்சாரத்தையும் உள்ளடக்கி தமிழன் என்ற தன்னிகரில்லா சொற்றொடருக்கு உரித்தாகி தமிழ் மொழியின் மீதும், தமிழ்நாட்டின் மீதும் உணர் வுப்பூர்வமாக பற்றுள்ளவர்கள் தமிழர்கள். எனவே தான், “தமிழன் என்றொரு இனமுண்டு. தனியே அவருக்கொரு குணமுண்டு” என்று பாடினார் நாமக்கல் கவிஞர் ராமலிங்கம் பிள்ளை.
தமிழ் மொழி பேசும் மக்களைக் கொண்ட பகுதி தமிழ்நாடு என்றே பன் நெடுங்காலமாக விளங்கி வருகிறது. மூவாயிரம் ஆண்டுகளுக்கு முன்னரே, தொல்காப்பியத்திற்கு பாயிரம் பாடிய பனம்பாரனார்,

“வடவேங்கடம் தென்குமரி ஆயிடைத் தமிழ் கூறு நல்லுலகம்” என தமிழ்நாட்டின் அன்றைய எல்லையைக் குறிப்பிடுகின்றார். சிலப்பதிகாரத்தில் “இமிழ் கடல் வரைப்பில் தமிழகம் அறியத் தமிழ் முழுது அறிந்த தன்மையன் ஆகி,” என்று சொல்லப்பட்டுள்ளது.மகாகவி பாரதியார் “செந்தமிழ் நாடெனும் போதினிலே இன்பத் தேன் வந்து பாயுது காதினிலே” என்றும்,
புரட்சிக் கவிஞர் பாரதிதாசன், “தமிழ் நாடே வாழ்க - எம் அமிழ்தாகிய இயல், இசை, கூத்தென்னும் தமிழாகிய உயிர்தழையும் விழுமிய தமிழ் நாடே வாழ்க!” என்றும் தமிழ்நாட்டின் பெருமைகளை எடுத்துச் சொல்லியுள்ளனர்.

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:15 am

I see that you are able to post new threads now. Did the edit button appear for a few minutes after post, as well?
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:26 am

Thanks, Idefix. Now I am able to do everything I used to do.

Please delete my new ID Kayalvizhi3 (There is a 3 at the end of the name. Delete that ID,.) I will use the old ID without the 3.

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by silvermani Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:10 pm

Congrats! Finally you are able to start new posts.
silvermani
silvermani

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:43 pm

Hey Kayar,
Who is this Arun-dadhi - a descendent of Dadheechi?

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down