Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ginrich is right on Palestinian history

5 posters

Go down

Ginrich is right on Palestinian history Empty Ginrich is right on Palestinian history

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:31 pm

...palestinians are arabs who gathered from other Arab countries and forced to stay near Israel for their own agenda.

Of course, other candidates will parrot what their advisors tell them. At least, Gingrich wont make mistakes like Cain. I am sure he knows where Palestine is.

P.S. How I miss Lady Jawan aka Kuyil.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Ginrich is right on Palestinian history Empty Re: Ginrich is right on Palestinian history

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:37 pm

gingrich is an idiot to throw bombs into a fire as romney described him. i don't think gingrich is all that smart like he likes to think of himself. it's just that when standing next to bachmann and perry he comes across like einstein.

i won't be happy but can live with mitt romney who as krugman says is not an idiot but plays one on TV. and i don't think he is as right wing as he portrays himself to be. i sure hope he gets nominated.

the only true conservative who is smart and consistent is ron paul. i however agree with him on nothing but his foreign policy and his support for legalizing pot.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Ginrich is right on Palestinian history Empty Re: Ginrich is right on Palestinian history

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:08 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:gingrich is an idiot to throw bombs into a fire as romney described him. i don't think gingrich is all that smart like he likes to think of himself. it's just that when standing next to bachmann and perry he comes across like einstein.

i won't be happy but can live with mitt romney who as krugman says is not an idiot but plays one on TV. and i don't think he is as right wing as he portrays himself to be. i sure hope he gets nominated.

the only true conservative who is smart and consistent is ron paul. i however agree with him on nothing but his foreign policy and his support for legalizing pot.

He is imply trying to rope in the disenchanted jewish supporters. With lead in 3 of the 4 front states, he needs a big bundle to keep the momentum.

Republican primary is all about family and socially conservative issues - abortion, immigration, the single issue tax cuts, charter schools, gay rights, and now add to these muslims. Like all of their other factors, bashing muslims is also important in republican primaries.

But, Gingrich is right in saying the palestinian issue is a made up on mainly due to the arab countries preventing them from resettling in Israel in 1948 - to fit their own agenda.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:12 pm

yes it is all about family values i am sure. that's why they've moved their support from hermann cain to gingrich. and that's why the family values crowd has allowed david vitter (remember the dc madam?) to remain in the senate.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:29 pm

I must admit I never gave Gingrich a chance in this race. But 'anyone but romney' crowd seems to have pushed him to the top. What an unattractive guy to be nominee. A permanent scowl on his face, an air of superiority and a total lack of communication skill (not talking skills). How can he ever be serious candidate?

Critics of romney say he has no core and switches positions all the time. I think he is preferred by non republicans for those exact reasons. And current polls indicate Romney is likely to win over Obama and no other candidate has that chance.

Palestine - aren't palestenians physically living there before 1948 and they were displaced by incoming zoinist groups. If not correct, please tell me your version of history.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:47 pm

You forgot Gingrich's 'contract with america' or as someone quipped 'contract ON america'. He's got serious baggage and is pandering to a certain gallery. The Palestine issue is a sideshow for votes and frankly, is a peripheral issue, given the problems the country has. If the fools nominate him, it would be like cutting off their nose to spite their faces. Anyway, if Gingrich gets nominated, an Obama victory is pretty much a given.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:12 pm

"contract on America"

That is a good one.

Perry self destructs. Ron Paul cannot rise above a certain percentage. Santorum, bachmann and huntmen are never serious contenders. I placed gingrich slightly above the peripheral as he was speaker of the house in the past. But he is insufferable. Even Reublicans cannot bear him. His act of super educated author of historical books is difficult to watch on TV in the past.

I still think Repubs will come around to romney finally. It will be fight between romney and Obama.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:01 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:...palestinians are arabs who gathered from other Arab countries and forced to stay near Israel for their own agenda.
Gingrich is wrong. By his logic, here are other "invented nations" that didn't exist in 1919: Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Israel. All those territories were very much part of the Ottoman empire. Let us see if Newt describes those countries as "invented" on the same basis.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:03 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:But, Gingrich is right in saying the palestinian issue is a made up on mainly due to the arab countries preventing them from resettling in Israel in 1948 - to fit their own agenda.
Saamiyaar, this is a completely baseless statement even Gingrich is not making. You are alone on this one. Israel does not want to allow the Arab population that left in 1948 to return to their lands. Aside from the final status of Jerusalem, that is the most contentious hurdle to peace in that region. Your asserting the opposite indicates a complete lack of understanding of the situation.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:06 pm

Kris wrote:The Palestine issue is a sideshow for votes and frankly, is a peripheral issue, given the problems the country has.
The Palestine issue is to help Gingrich lock up Florida in the nominating contest and the general election if he gets that far.

Kris wrote:If the fools nominate him, it would be like cutting off their nose to spite their faces. Anyway, if Gingrich gets nominated, an Obama victory is pretty much a given.
This is why I hope they nominate him. I was hoping for Perry actually, but I won't be unhappy with Gingrich as the nominee.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:47 pm

charvaka wrote:This is why I hope they nominate him. I was hoping for Perry actually, but I won't be unhappy with Gingrich as the nominee.

the problem with that kind of thought process is if the nominee actually gets elected, then we'll be in deep doo doo. might as well hope for a candidate that we can live with and that's romney.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down