Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good Saturday

Go down

Good Saturday Empty Good Saturday

Post by Guest Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:01 pm

After a totally bleh week....

Woke up at 8:30 am with a start, thinking it's a Tuesday. Kicked myself for not setting the alarm. Ran to daughter's room and knocked on her door, no reply. Ran to sonny's room, found him sleeping, and husband on the laptop.

We stared at each other. Why is he.....then I asked, 'Aaj kaunsa din hai?' (What day is today?). 'Saturday (laughs)'.

Oh thank God. Went back to bed. Daughter came into room around 11:30 am. I heard her coming, but slept again. Then I think she stood by my bed for 2 minutes. Then she nudged me, making me wake up with a start. Guess I am still not used to her being this tall. I am sure she must have thought I was dead and she was just checking on me, coz she seemed pretty relieved at seeing me move.

Then Santa's truck came around with fire alarms. This meant sonny also waking up. Could not sleep any more. Woke up and made tea. Talked out final plans for kids' b'day and sent out evites.

Daughter celebrating her b'day with friends today, so she was freaking about the condition of the house. I was ignoring all this blissfully though, while sending out the evites. Husband took out Orange Chicken pack from the freezer and made it. That was our lunch, orange chicken with rice.

Husband and kids tidied up the house before leaving, as her friend is coming for a sleepover. Then they all got ready and left for the mall-cum-birthday celebrations. In other words, daughter shops and do nails with friends, and sonny goofs around with husband.

Had the choice to go to the gym, and then movie at 6, either Ricky Behl or Dirty picture. Instead, decided to keep daughter's wish. Put on 80s playlist, and got down to cleaning the house. No cleaning lady this weekend. This means doing laundry - even of bathroom mats, vaccuming carpets - after spraying baking soda, and scrubbing clean three bathrooms, which included getting down on all fours.

Then took a long shower. Too late for the desi movies. Made myself cup noodles. Will open up Anna Karenina again. Don't feel like watching an amrikan one. Will rethink going for the 9:00 o clock show.

Guess this is the therapy I needed after the unsettling week. Some time all to myself, even if meant spent cleaning the house. Thanks to the husband for giving that to me.

They just walked in. The 80s playlist is still going on. If I feel inspired enough, I might even go and arrange her ever-messy room. What other better b'day present could there be. Will decide that when I get up to change the laundry load and unload the dishwasher.

But for now, the house smells good, clothes smell good, I smell good, cup noodles smell good, the book smells good, kids are happy, slightly noisy though. Overall,

life is good.

Back to top Go down

Good Saturday Empty Re: Good Saturday

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:48 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:I am sure she must have thought I was dead and she was just checking on me, coz she seemed pretty relieved at seeing me move.

Hahahahaha..... be honest...haven't you ever done that to anyone ?... One of the big fear of young children is parents leaving them suddenly. They get this fear from TV or from their peers. Fear of the unknown and uncertainty that might result should that happen.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down