Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the salaries of some professors

2 posters

Go down

the salaries of some professors Empty the salaries of some professors

Post by swapna Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:40 am

there are rumours at ejmr that daron acemoglu (ajemolu, turkish), currently professor of economics at m.I.t. was offered a salary of at least one million dollars a year to move to the department of economics at the university of chicago. 

https://www.econjobrumors.com/topic/chicago-offered-acemoglu-a-seven-figure-salary

his current salary at m.I.t. is said to be about $840 k. it's not clear whether such figures are for a salary, or an allocated budget, the latter including the salaries of research assistants, and summer support (usually 2/9 of the base salary).

acemoglu is expected to win the nobel some time in the next ten years. 

the average salary of professors at the highest-paying universities is about 215 k, not a great deal higher than those of assistant professors of economics in the top 20 departments. I don't know if that includes summer support or not. stanford, columbia, and chicago pay the highest; m.I.t.'s is 10th.

so far, the highest salaries of professors of economics have been about 500 k. a year or two ago, stanford lured raj chetty away from harvard with an offer of about 500 k. it's possible that it's palo alto's weather that lured chetty away.

swapna

Back to top Go down

the salaries of some professors Empty Re: the salaries of some professors

Post by garam-kuta Mon Oct 03, 2016 4:21 pm

i thought you learned your lesson but apparently not.
you don't know how much harm you are doing to the careers of estranged family. i just hope that your racist bigoted rants don't show up in the vetting process of ........

garam-kuta

Back to top Go down