Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is the path forward for GOP

5 posters

Go down

What is the path forward for GOP Empty What is the path forward for GOP

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:24 pm

Hillary, slowly buy steadily, is solidifying lead over Trump. Should Trump quit? If he did, who would be the replacement candidate? Pence, Paul Ryan, Cruz or Kasich? Is Trump causing irreparable damage to the GOP by clinging on or is he the only bright spot, who eventually will help GOP bounce back.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

What is the path forward for GOP Empty Re: What is the path forward for GOP

Post by silvermani Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:05 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:Hillary, slowly buy steadily, is solidifying lead over Trump. Should Trump quit? If he did, who would be the replacement candidate? Pence, Paul Ryan, Cruz or Kasich? Is Trump causing irreparable damage to the GOP by clinging on or is he the only bright spot, who eventually will help GOP bounce back.
Yeah, glass half empty/half full kind of scenario. Before Trump's rise the GOP was a pathetic outfit anyway, so it's not like he destroyed something that was good.
silvermani
silvermani

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:06 pm

salvage this election? you got to be kidding, it'll be suprising if hidimbi doesnt win 270 EC votes in just the swing states, let alone blue states. this election is the supernova for lincoln's party with the cheetos hued orangutan standing at the helm like a deranged monkey pushing buttons. they'll be lucky if they win one of the next 5 presidential elections and with hillary nominating two judges to supreme court, they're fucked for next 20 yrs in executive and judiciary. will be surprising if they dont lose the legislative too. republicans are in the same boat congress party is in india, except the republican party still has sound ideas for governance and with proper leadership will come back retooled in oh, 20-24 yrs..

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:41 pm

I watched about last 60 min of the debate. What a terrible performance by Trump. I have never seen another presidential candidate who is so incoherent in his answers. His English is poor and grating on ears.  Somebody should tell him to go back to school and learn public speaking.  We can differ on his policy positions and character but his English is intolerable and unacceptable.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:57 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:salvage this election? you got to be kidding, it'll be suprising if hidimbi doesnt win 270 EC votes in just the swing states, let alone blue states. this election is the supernova for lincoln's party with the cheetos hued orangutan standing at the helm like a deranged monkey pushing buttons. they'll be lucky if they win one of the next 5 presidential elections and with hillary nominating two judges to supreme court, they're fucked for next 20 yrs in executive and judiciary. will be surprising if they dont lose the legislative too. republicans are in the same boat congress party is in india, except the republican party still has sound ideas for governance and with proper leadership will come back retooled in oh, 20-24 yrs..
That is too pessimistic a view. I don't think it will take 20 years for GOP to bounce back, for all we know, they might find an energetic and youthful leader in 4 years. In politics, things change rapidly.

Last edited by confuzzled dude on Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:05 pm

truthbetold wrote:I watched about last 60 min of the debate. What a terrible performance by Trump. I have never seen another presidential candidate who is so incoherent in his answers. His English is poor and grating on ears.  Somebody should tell him to go back to school and learn public speaking.  We can differ on his policy positions and character but his English is intolerable and unacceptable.
All his answers lacked substance. Be it is about replacement for Obama care or dealing with the situation in Syria or about the changes in tax laws he is proposing that would benefit the middle class. And his answer about Islamophobia clarified that he indeed is Islamophobic. He speaks, totally, like a car salesman err.. real estate agent, if he stumbles for a word, he readily has the word "beautiful" to rescue him, from real estate jargon, I guess. What a phony this guy is. To top it off, many thought he did better than expected, that tells me, how low the bar was set. Come on, folks, you're much better than that and should expect a lot more from your President than vague answers.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:21 pm

truthbetold wrote:I watched about last 60 min of the debate. What a terrible performance by Trump. I have never seen another presidential candidate who is so incoherent in his answers. His English is poor and grating on ears.  Somebody should tell him to go back to school and learn public speaking.  We can differ on his policy positions and character but his English is intolerable and unacceptable.

Yes, he has very poor public speaking skills. He is vocabulary challenged. Repeats the same words and sentences over and over again (he did that worse in his first debate). He cannot connect with the audience like Hillary does. No sweet talk like Hillary. I guess these are the forte of women. He doesn't answer to the point either and doesn't elaborate his answers, esp the ones concerning people.

That said, i think he did better than expected and pulled himself up quite a bit. He was in total dumps prior to the starting of the debate. Not anymore. He did fine for someone who was under tremendous pressure the last 48 hours.
Bringing Clinton's sexual assault victims along and indirectly threatening the Clintons and reminding people of Bill's sexual misconduct and Hillary's treatment of the women was a good strategy, i think.

My take: Draw. (Trump saved his face with this one, but still has very low chances of winning this election)

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:26 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:salvage this election? you got to be kidding, it'll be suprising if hidimbi doesnt win 270 EC votes in just the swing states, let alone blue states. this election is the supernova for lincoln's party with the cheetos hued orangutan standing at the helm like a deranged monkey pushing buttons. they'll be lucky if they win one of the next 5 presidential elections and with hillary nominating two judges to supreme court, they're fucked for next 20 yrs in executive and judiciary. will be surprising if they dont lose the legislative too. republicans are in the same boat congress party is in india, except the republican party still has sound ideas for governance and with proper leadership will come back retooled in oh, 20-24 yrs..
That is too pessimistic a view. I don't think it will take 20 years for GOP to bounce back, for all we know, they might find an energetic and youthful leader in 4 years. In politics, things change rapidly.

yes, if you believe the problems dont run deep and this year's debacle is a freak outlier. I dont believe that...they damaged the party badly with the infighting tea party shit, getting away from conservative principles and instead depending on white identity politics. it will decades to undo that, especially with long term demographics being what they are and not having a proper outreach to minorities etc. you think beaners will be eager to support the party after this election? humiliating people causes long term damage to the psyche, and will turn ppl off for a full generation. demographics are destiny and they just fucked themselves up real bad.

as dumb and reckless this thin skinned shallow motherfucker is, I dont believe he alone fucked up a 150 yr old party in less than a year...it was a long time coming.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:38 pm

he's good at rallies, all demagogues are. debates are not his thing, because he does not have well thought out positions that arent designed to solely whip up his core base. he coulda gotten better but remember he's a megalomaniac that doesnt think he has to learn anything.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:42 pm

Prop,

Your analysis is correct. But democrats , if they win this round, will help republicans rehabilitate more quickly. If republicans lose both Texas and Florida long term ,20 years could be right. But Texas is till safe for republicans and rest of the state demographics are not changing that much (OH, PA, MN, MI, IA, NC, NH - Not changing. CO, AZ, VA, and NV are already trending to be less republican).

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:47 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

yes, if you believe the problems dont run deep and this year's debacle is a freak outlier. I dont believe that...they damaged the party badly with the infighting tea party shit, getting away from conservative principles and instead depending on white identity politics. it will decades to undo that, especially with long term demographics being what they are and not having a proper outreach to minorities etc. you think beaners will be eager to support the party after this election? humiliating people causes long term damage to the psyche, and will turn ppl off for a full generation. demographics are destiny and they just fucked themselves up real bad.

as dumb and reckless this thin skinned shallow motherfucker is, I dont believe he alone fucked up a 150 yr old party in less than a year...it was a long time coming.
I agree with you on dumbing down of Republican voters happened over the years. But someone like Rubio might be able to cater to the changing demographics assuming Republican base won't have any problem with electing a colored candidate.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:04 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

I agree with you on dumbing down of Republican voters happened over the years. But someone like Rubio might be able to cater to the changing demographics assuming Republican base won't have any problem with electing a colored candidate.
Nikki Haley, whose name came up as a potential vice-presidential candidate, could be another candidate.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:24 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
All his answers lacked substance. Be it is about replacement for Obama care or dealing with the situation in Syria or about the changes in tax laws he is proposing that would benefit the middle class. And his answer about Islamophobia clarified that he indeed is Islamophobic. He speaks, totally, like a car salesman err.. real estate agent, if he stumbles for a word, he readily has the word "beautiful" to rescue him, from real estate jargon, I guess. What a phony this guy is. To top it off, many thought he did better than expected, that tells me, how low the bar was set. Come on, folks, you're much better than that and should expect a lot more from your President than vague answers.
Exactly!!! Smile
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:22 pm

Can we conclude that Trump was/is the bright spot

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by silvermani Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:51 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:Hillary, slowly buy steadily, is solidifying lead over Trump. Should Trump quit? If he did, who would be the replacement candidate? Pence, Paul Ryan, Cruz or Kasich? Is Trump causing irreparable damage to the GOP by clinging on or is he the only bright spot, who eventually will help GOP bounce back.

Yeah, she allegedly had the lead right until election day morning. And then reality hit, and she and her shameless media supporters got taken to the cleaners.
silvermani
silvermani

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:34 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:Can we conclude that Trump was/is the bright spot
The opposite is true for the Democratic party wrt Hillary.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down