Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Come On, man!

+3
southindian
Merlot Daruwala
garam_kuta
7 posters

Go down

Come On, man!  Empty Come On, man!

Post by garam_kuta Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:44 pm

rightly said!

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Come On, man!  Empty Re: Come On, man!

Post by Merlot Daruwala Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:26 am

Haha good one. The humor is wasted on the cretins though.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:28 am

Haha
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by swapna Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:20 am

garam_kuta wrote:

rightly said!
there's nothing remarkable about obama's "come on, man." it doesn't ridicule trump; nor is it witty. 

trump is an easy target. neither the news media nor clinton supporters took advantage of the dozens of opportunities trump gave them to satirize or ridicule him. 

I think that americans are hesitant to do so because of their misplaced sense of nationalism. I found the media's reaction to trump puzzling.

swapna

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:31 am

swapna wrote:
garam_kuta wrote:

rightly said!
there's nothing remarkable about obama's "come on, man." it doesn't ridicule trump; nor is it witty. 

trump is an easy target. neither the news media nor clinton supporters took advantage of the dozens of opportunities trump gave them to satirize or ridicule him. 

I think that americans are hesitant to do so because of their misplaced sense of nationalism. I found the media's reaction to trump puzzling.
Which media are you talking about? Fox news loves him to death.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:56 am

I agree with Swapna. Initially the media (all of media except FOX which treated him as if he was just a normal candidate from the start) treated him like a comedian, a freak show, then they went through a phase where they treated him as if his deficiencies were equivalent and comparable to HRC's, then came the false equivalence between him and Sanders because they were both populists. By the time they woke up and realized that he was a pox on the US electorate it was too late. Now they are frenzied and shocked as if they just realized this. So too GOP politicians and democratic politicians!
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:36 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:I agree with Swapna. Initially the media (all of media except FOX which treated him as if he was just a normal candidate from the start) treated him like a comedian, a freak show, then they went through a phase where they treated him as if his deficiencies were equivalent and comparable to HRC's, then came the false equivalence between him and Sanders because they were both populists. By the time they woke up and realized that he was a pox on the US electorate it was too late. Now they are frenzied and shocked as if they just realized this. So too GOP politicians and democratic politicians!
Remember he was outsider who wouldn't be swayed by special interest groups and lobbyists. That was his pitch and many were sold on that point including my Indian friends till the true Trump showed up. Not sure, how different or shocking is media's obsession of Trump, given he brought most of this on himself, from right-wing media's Benghazi or repeal Obamacare obsession.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:47 pm

CD,

"till the true Trump showed up" ??

When did that happen? Is it the Oct tape revelations? Trump's history was always there for any one who cared to check it. 

Trump lost support in October but it is not because his dangerous views were repudiated. Remember ,for a while, his politics were winning in July and September in opinion polls. There is a small chance that he may still turn it around because some new sleaze coming out about Clinton foundation or e mails may show evidence of corruption. 

The forces unleashed by Trump will not go away without extracting their share of grief in years and decades to come.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum