Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lol, but this ain't so funny

4 posters

Go down

Lol, but this ain't so funny Empty Lol, but this ain't so funny

Post by Guest Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:00 am

"Today Americans will realise how it feels to choose between Mayawati and Mulayam Singh"

Sigh!!

Hope it will never be repeated again!

Back to top Go down

Lol, but this ain't so funny Empty Re: Lol, but this ain't so funny

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:18 am

Kinnera wrote:"Today someAmericans will realise how it feels to choose between Mayawati and Mulayam Singh"

Sigh!!

fixed it for you.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:20 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Kinnera wrote:"Today someAmericans will realise how it feels to choose between Mayawati and Mulayam Singh"

Sigh!!

fixed it for you.
yeah, the ones who aren't bhakts of Mayavati or Mulayam and they are in the majority.

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:33 am

Today in NPR it was reported that 6 out of 10 americans who voted are not happy with their choice of their voting/president. And more than half of who voted said they are not going to like the president whoever it may be. This shows how Americans will be divided even after the election.

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:51 am

FluteHolder wrote:Today in NPR it was reported that 6 out of 10 americans who voted are not happy with their choice of their voting/president. And more than half of who voted said they are not going to like the president whoever it may be. This shows how Americans will be divided even after the election.
Yeah, that is true. Most people who vote for Trump vote for him not because he'll be a great president, but because they dislike Hillary. Same with Hillary's voters. They vote for her not because she's great, but because they dislike trump. Not much positive voting this time. Sad! I've never seen this kind of election mood before. I am so glad it will be all over soon. It really doesn't matter who wins. Just have to hold tight for the next four years. Hope things will be better next time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:56 am

This is as of two weeks ago:

Lol, but this ain't so funny Enten-affirmativeclinton-1-1

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/clinton-voters-arent-just-voting-against-trump/

Key observations:
  • Clinton is getting about the same level of "for my candidate" votes as McCain and Romney
  • Clinton is getting a higher level of "for my candidate" votes than St. Reagan (pbuh) did in 1980
  • Obama was an exceptionally positive candidate -- highest level of "for my candidate" votes in the last 40 years
  • Trump is an exceptionally negative candidate -- lowest level of "for my candidate" votes in the last 40 years

Last edited by Idéfix on Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:00 pm

yeah, they are affirming how much they dislike the other candidate. We know that in our hearts, not the graphs.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:04 pm

The democratic base is quite enthusiastic about Hillary. Cross-over voters not so much.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:05 pm

Kinnera wrote:yeah, they are affirming how much they dislike the other candidate. We know that in our hearts, not the graphs.
That's not what the data indicate.

According to the data above:

• Clinton is getting about the same level of "for my candidate" votes as McCain and Romney did, and her husband did in 1992
  • Clinton is getting a higher level of "for my candidate" votes than St. Reagan (pbuh) did in 1980
  • Obama was an exceptionally positive candidate -- highest level of "for my candidate" votes in the last 40 years
  • Trump is an exceptionally negative candidate -- lowest level of "for my candidate" votes in the last 40 years
  • More than 55% of Clinton's voters say they are voting "for her," not "against Trump"
  • About 40% of Trump's voters say they are voting "for him," not "against Clinton"

To summarize: the majority of Clinton's voters are voting "for her." The majority of Trump's voters are voting "against her."

Last edited by Idéfix on Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:06 pm

yeah, whatever makes you happy! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:11 pm

Kinnera wrote:We know that in our hearts, not the graphs.
This right here is the problem. When the facts disagree with what one feels, feels > facts. Politicians like Trump and Cruz really know how to exploit that.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:11 pm

• "Obama was an exceptionally positive candidate -- highest level of "for my candidate" votes in the last 40 years"

I agree with this 100%. I voted for him twice before. The mood was so different then. So positive! He was almost viewed like a messiah! Not even a fraction of that now. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:12 pm

Kinnera wrote:

• "Obama was an exceptionally positive candidate -- highest level of "for my candidate" votes in the last 40 years"

I agree with this 100%. I voted for him twice before. The mood was so different then. So positive! He was almost viewed like a messiah! Not even a fraction of that now. 
He was a once-in-a-generation politician. I doubt we will see another like him in the next 20 years.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:17 pm

Idéfix wrote:
Kinnera wrote:

He was a once-in-a-generation politician. I doubt we will see another like him in the next 20 years.
Michelle Obama for 2020, not this Mayavati/hidimbi again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:18 pm

Interestingly, a sizable part of the image problem for Clinton is the comparison with Obama. She is considered unrelatable and aloof, but that's because she had a long drawn out contest with Obama -- one in which I passionately supported Obama over her. Despite the fact that she gets more "for" votes than Reagan-1980 and same level as Clinton-1992, people have the impression that most of her supporters must be casting "against Trump" votes. It is only because of the amazing contrast with Obama, who had 80% of his voters casting "for" votes -- a tough act to follow for any politician.

If this election is more negative than in the past, it is primarily down to Trump and the fact that a majority of his voters are not voting "for" him but "against Clinton."
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:19 pm

Kinnera wrote:
Idéfix wrote:
Kinnera wrote:

Michelle Obama for 2020, not this Mayavati/hidimbi again.
She isn't qualified to be president. And she won't be by 2020. If she gets into active politics and establishes a record, I would be willing to support her.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:23 pm

Idéfix wrote:
Kinnera wrote:

I am going to miss him. This is one of the most moving moments in his presidency for me:

Lol, but this ain't so funny 24jacob-cnd-jumbo

The story:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/24/us/politics/indelible-image-of-a-boys-pat-on-obamas-head-hangs-in-white-house.html
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:33 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Idéfix wrote:
Kinnera wrote:

I am going to miss him. This is one of the most moving moments in his presidency for me:

The story:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/24/us/politics/indelible-image-of-a-boys-pat-on-obamas-head-hangs-in-white-house.html

totally agree. great president and a great person! and hence even more surprising to see 3 (could be 4) handles constantly calling him obambi or obummer here. God knows why.

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:54 pm

totally agree. great president(puppet/toy handpicked/controlled by Wallstreet and business interests).

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:22 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Idéfix wrote:
Kinnera wrote:

The story:

In addition to other achievements under Obama presidency, CNN Financial reports on Obama Presidency 

Jobs increase - Over 10 million
Reduction in jobless rate 8% to about 5%

I don't know how are these getting missed with the fact that Trump has filed for bankruptcies, outsourced his company jobs and hasn't paid taxes. How dumb are Republicans voting for Trump?
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:49 pm

FluteHolder wrote:
totally agree. great president(puppet/toy handpicked/controlled by Wallstreet and business interests).

If you have a 401k plan, an IRA or a college saving plan, the success of businesses is also linked to your own financial success.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:52 pm

FluteHolder wrote:
No puppet. No puppet. You're the puppet!

That's the kind of "leadership" we need in the White House, na?
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:55 pm

southindian wrote:
Reduction in jobless rate 8% to about 5%

I don't know how are these getting missed with the fact that Trump has filed for bankruptcies, outsourced his company jobs and hasn't paid taxes. How dumb are Republicans voting for Trump?
To put that in perspective, let us remind ourselves: Romney's election promise was to bring down unemployment to 6%.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down