Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

merry christmas jeremiah mburuburu...

2 posters

Go down

merry christmas jeremiah mburuburu... Empty merry christmas jeremiah mburuburu...

Post by Guest Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:02 pm

..and other secular friends. md i hope you feasted-for-a-cause tonight too like i did. my pics. tomorrow.

Back to top Go down

merry christmas jeremiah mburuburu... Empty Re: merry christmas jeremiah mburuburu...

Post by Guest Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:42 am

pics. didn't come out good. not worth posting.

Back to top Go down

merry christmas jeremiah mburuburu... Empty Re: merry christmas jeremiah mburuburu...

Post by Merlot Daruwala Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:07 am

ok atleast tell us what u ate.

my dinner was: malvani-style chicken curry with pav, followed by prawns gusshi with rice. and one kingfisher beer.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:01 am

it was an evening of surprises. first off, black label was on the house. this was at the hyatt (as you know). now i've seen cheap wines being served on the house but never black label. although i was visiting the joint after exactly a year (a few coffee appointments there aside), the waitstaff and all the other personnel recognized and welcomed me. in fact, the welcome was a bit overwhelming. they remembered me and my kids by our names! many had been promoted from what i last recalled. i used to be a frequent diner there -- not anymore.

the food was good. clockwise in this pic: laal maas, bread, turkey with jus, cranberry sauce, stuffing, vegetables, butter fried fish.
merry christmas jeremiah mburuburu... Imag0510

i also had beef bourguignon (delicious), bacon wrapped cocktail sausages and honey glazed pork chops:
merry christmas jeremiah mburuburu... Imag0511

the bill for 4 of us: rs 10k only! had all this been a la carte and drinks to be paid for (3 drinks), the bill would have crossed rs 30k.

lastly, the puchka stand:
merry christmas jeremiah mburuburu... Imag0512
i skipped desserts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:40 am

one more -- kid's plate: clockwise, pork chops, beef bourguignon, chicken biryani and turkey.

merry christmas jeremiah mburuburu... Dscf0710

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:36 am

Nice. I just got back from lunch with a Goan Christian family. Menu was:

Pork sorpotel, mutton in white gravy, grilled chicken, fish fingers, chicken and pork roll, rice and sannas. I didn't touch the stuffing or the potato salad.

Dessert was some french pastry thingie with almond stuffing and a lemon souffle. All washed down with copious amounts of Australian merlot.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:10 am

awesome! bless those goan friends. i just read up on pork sorpotel. i understand it's traditionally served with sannas. mutton in white gravy must have been good too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:50 am

Yes. Mutton could have been a bit more tender - but that's just my desi preference talking. Sorpotel was just out of the world.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:35 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:ok atleast tell us what u ate.

my dinner was: malvani-style chicken curry with pav, followed by prawns gusshi with rice. and one kingfisher beer.

do you mean prawns gassi? my google search for "prawns gusshi" takes me to "prawns gassi." this is MH konkan cuisine right? prawns gassi looks awesome with rice. my kids are very fond of malai chingri (with shrimps not prawns in this case) and this dish (prawns gassi) is worth a try at home.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:36 am

so much beef in india.... shiva shiva shiva

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:45 am

you mean so much pork in india...tauba tauba tauba

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:05 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:ok atleast tell us what u ate.

do you mean prawns gassi? my google search for "prawns gusshi" takes me to "prawns gassi." this is MH konkan cuisine right? prawns gassi looks awesome with rice. my kids are very fond of malai chingri (with shrimps not prawns in this case) and this dish (prawns gassi) is worth a try at home.

i'm referring to the same item. but it is pronounced gasshi or gusshi, with an `h' after the double-s. otherwise, it sounds like gassy. it is a staple accompaniment with rice in konkani cuisine. and the same gravy can be used with fish or even various pulses / legumes - chana, lobia, mung etc.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:22 pm

good. i like the kashmiri chillis in it (for the colour i suppose). i'll give prawns gasshi a try!

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:48 pm

the soup kitchen closes around 2pm cst. kindly wait till them for the lungied feral one to make his appearance.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 25, 2011 1:58 pm

LOL!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down