Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

post-election awkwardness

3 posters

Go down

post-election awkwardness Empty post-election awkwardness

Post by pravalika nanda Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:44 pm

live in a true blue state but many people i know are republican no matter what and stated prior to the elections that they don't like him but would vote for him. they are all old white guys.

a few weeks ago i was watching bill maher on youtube and laughing my head off. the cleaning lady who was in the next room came to me and asked me what i was watching and why i didn't like trump. she also said, "maybe you're not legal but....." eventually she did suck up about 20 mins of my time explaining what was so great about trump. now this is someone cleaning MY apartment in a very swanky area of town. i kind of brushed it off and was annoyed by it and chalked it up to stupidity and forgot about it.

then my trainer at the gym is a middle-aged white lady. i truly like and respect her. but there's that 50% chance of weirdness.

my director and i didn't coem face-to-face and we had a brief 2min call about a paper that was okay.

my secretaries at work are african american. my chief assitant today is persian. i totally sat and commiserated with them

i pride myself on being rational and unemotional. but i'm not feeling comfortable at all seeing some people. i fully understand and respect the outcome  but things feel a little weird right now.

what about you?

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

post-election awkwardness Empty Re: post-election awkwardness

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:00 pm

less pride and more introspection is what the doctor ordered for you.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:23 pm

am i supposed to call up my friends and congratulate them if they supported him? like will that beak the ice? i'm not sure what the etiquette is. you guys probably don't have this problem cuz you guys are super secular elites but i actually know a ton of trump supporters.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:27 pm

I also live in a heavily red pocket (as I discovered this year) of a generally blue county. The only Hillary posters I saw were with her ugli-fied face behind bars. On voting day, I did see a few white women, wearing white pant suits (or sweaters). We smiled and sorta nodded at each other, even though I wasn't wearing white. 

regarding awkwardness.... 

at work:
me (sagely): time will tell 
people: you are right, time will tell. 

in this exchange, no one has to give out any more political affiliation or reaction.

at home:
trump on tv: we, as a country, now need to unite (or something)....
me: KUTTE! first you divide, and now that you have won, you want to unite? Would you be saying the same if you lost?
xh: you really need to calm down. 

I have calmed down. Dreaming about a tropical vacation helps. Expedia.com is my therapy.

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:13 pm

It is important to keep political differences from becoming personal differences. Especially at work place.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down