Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

‘I think Donald Trump is in the White House because of me’

3 posters

Go down

‘I think Donald Trump is in the White House because of me’ Empty ‘I think Donald Trump is in the White House because of me’

Post by Guest Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:44 am

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-intersect/wp/2016/11/17/facebook-fake-news-writer-i-think-donald-trump-is-in-the-white-house-because-of-me/?tid=sm_tw

Honestly, people are definitely dumber. They just keep passing stuff around. Nobody fact-checks anything anymore — I mean, that’s how Trump got elected. He just said whatever he wanted, and people believed everything, and when the things he said turned out not to be true, people didn’t care because they’d already accepted it. It’s real scary. I’ve never seen anything like it.

My sites were picked up by Trump supporters all the time. I think Trump is in the White House because of me. His followers don’t fact-check anything — they’ll post everything, believe anything. His campaign manager posted my story about a protester getting paid $3,500 as fact. Like, I made that up. I posted a fake ad on Craigslist.

Just ’cause his supporters were under the belief that people were getting paid to protest at their rallies, and that’s just insane. I’ve gone to Trump protests — trust me, no one needs to get paid to protest Trump. I just wanted to make fun of that insane belief, but it took off. They actually believed it.

I thought they’d fact-check it, and it’d make them look worse. I mean that’s how this always works: Someone posts something I write, then they find out it’s false, then they look like idiots. But Trump supporters — they just keep running with it! They never fact-check anything! Now he’s in the White House. Looking back, instead of hurting the campaign, I think I helped it. And that feels [bad].

Back to top Go down

‘I think Donald Trump is in the White House because of me’ Empty Re: ‘I think Donald Trump is in the White House because of me’

Post by garam_kuta Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:48 am

sankara was right...

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

‘I think Donald Trump is in the White House because of me’ Empty Re: ‘I think Donald Trump is in the White House because of me’

Post by Guest Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:48 am

will be interesting to see how the technical giants deal with it...

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:22 pm

Scarlet O'Hara wrote:will be interesting to see how the technical giants deal with it...

meaning..? it'd be most efficient if they all form some sort of a consortium and work together.. wonder what this should be specifically called as...

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by silvermani Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:59 pm

He says whatever it takes to get voted. He doesn't let facts get in the way nor does he care about his claims being proven false
silvermani
silvermani

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:26 pm

silvermani wrote:He says whatever it takes to get voted. He doesn't let facts get in the way nor does he care about his claims being proven false
Yeah, he said father instead of grandfather once. Major scandal! He's a LIAR. http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/service.asp

Meanwhile, we have a president-elect who made about 35 false statements a DAY during the campaign.

But they're all the same, equally bad, or Obama is worse. False equivalence is your best friend.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by silvermani Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:46 pm

Idéfix wrote:
silvermani wrote:He says whatever it takes to get voted. He doesn't let facts get in the way nor does he care about his claims being proven false
Yeah, he said father instead of grandfather once. Major scandal! He's a LIAR. http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/service.asp

Meanwhile, we have a president-elect who made about 35 false statements a DAY during the campaign.

But they're all the same, equally bad, or Obama is worse. False equivalence is your best friend.
This shows that Obummer is an opportunistic, calculated liar. You can mistake the date or place but how can you say "father" instead of "grandfather"? You can, if you have blind followers ready to cover up for you, that's how.
silvermani
silvermani

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:00 pm

silvermani wrote:
Idéfix wrote:

This shows that Obummer is an opportunistic, calculated liar. You can mistake the date or place but how can you say "father" instead of "grandfather"? You can, if you have blind followers ready to cover up for you, that's how.

Stanley Dunham was the person who most functioned as a father in Barack Obama's formative years, as Dunham helped raise and care for Barack from the age of ten onwards in Hawaii while Barack's stepfather, Lolo Soetoro, remained in Indonesia. Clearly Barack Obama's mention of a veteran relative who came home from World War II and "got the services he needed" was a reference to Stanley Dunham, who did in fact enlist in the military shortly after the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor and served as a sergeant with the U.S. Army in Europe during the war. Either Barack Obama referred to him as his "father" because that's the way he thinks of him, or because he simply misspoke and said "father" instead of "grandfather."

That, compared to literally hundreds of outright lies told by our next president.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by silvermani Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:10 pm

Unless the grandfather legally adopted Obama as his son which he didn't because Obama would then have the last name Dunn, the claim by Obama is dubious at best. "Father" sounds better than "grandfather" and a calculating politician knows this only too well. At this point, we can agree to disagree on this topic - I think he is an opportunistic liar and you don't. People opine differently and that's fine. So let's leave it at that and move on.
silvermani
silvermani

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down