Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obama

+2
garam_kuta
ashaNirasha
6 posters

Go down

Obama Empty Obama

Post by ashaNirasha Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:08 pm

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2016/11/28/obama-reckons-with-a-trump-presidency

ashaNirasha

Back to top Go down

Obama Empty Re: Obama

Post by garam_kuta Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:20 pm

ashaNirasha wrote:http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2016/11/28/obama-reckons-with-a-trump-presidency

yeah..many times noble intentions lead the path to hell, i guess.

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:25 pm

Obama will go down in history as the first African-American President, and he derives immense pride from that, but he never fails to insist on the complexity of his story. “I’m half Scotch-Irish, man!” he said. “When folks like Jim Webb write about Scotch-Irish stock in West Virginia and Kansas and so on, those are my people! They don’t know it, always, but they are.”

How skillfully he underplayed that part. He is not even truly  African-American. His ancestors were not slaves from the civil war times.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:29 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
Obama will go down in history as the first African-American President, and he derives immense pride from that, but he never fails to insist on the complexity of his story. “I’m half Scotch-Irish, man!” he said. “When folks like Jim Webb write about Scotch-Irish stock in West Virginia and Kansas and so on, those are my people! They don’t know it, always, but they are.”

How skillfully he underplayed that part. He is not even truly  African-American. His ancestors were not slaves from the civil war times.

What was he supposed to do about that? Atone for it? How? He is married to a woman who is authentically African American. That doesn't count?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Appalamma Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:54 pm

Hellsangel wrote:

He is a son of a Kenyan. He a real african american.

Appalamma

Back to top Go down

Post by silvermani Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:17 pm

No wonder he is worried about HIS legacy, without a care in the world for the people he has failed in 8 years of being a wall st stooge. He tried to peddle a stock market bubble as a real economic recovery, naming people who called his bluff fiction peddlers, and the voters gave him resounding feedback regarding what they think of his legacy. His is a legacy of lies, wall st enrichment, false promises, disastrous health care scheme, unnecessary meddling in Muslim countries leading to the rise of the ISIS, severely fractured racial relations, spying on citizens, and persecution of people with political ideology different to his.
silvermani
silvermani

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down