Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DRS and the BCCI's stubbornness

3 posters

Go down

DRS and the BCCI's stubbornness Empty DRS and the BCCI's stubbornness

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:32 pm

i don't know why the other test playing nations have to put up with india's stubborn rejection of the UDRS. hussey and cowan's dismissals were pathetic and would certainly have been reversed after review, but it was not to be, because india once again stubbornly refused to have the DRS be available. it is really embarrassing to the poor umpires and i really cannot understand the basis of BCCI's continued pigheadedness on this issue. siddle was also reprieved because of the unavailability of the DRS. when will this madness stop?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

DRS and the BCCI's stubbornness Empty Re: DRS and the BCCI's stubbornness

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:11 pm

Also, I think Haddin was out lbw but shuffled across in typical Aussie fashion giving the impression that the ball was outside the off stump.

Really I don't know why the BCCI iss opposing this.... what is its ulterior motive or hidden advantage?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:11 pm

Also, I think Haddin was out lbw but shuffled across in typical Aussie fashion giving the impression that the ball was outside the off stump.

Really I don't know why the BCCI iss opposing this.... what is its ulterior motive or hidden advantage?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:43 am

although BCCI does not like UDRS in its current form*, there must be an agreement to use technology to assist third umpire. hot spot, hawk eye may not always be reliable but they can assist the third umpire in upholding/overruling the on-field decisions. replays with some technology and common sense should prevent howlers.

* hawk eye does not always predict the path accurately (we consistently saw that in Sri Lanka where it turns so much) and hot spot gets it wrong on many occasions (we saw that in ENG).

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum