Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

since the beginning of ENG tour (cricket)

4 posters

Go down

since the beginning of ENG tour (cricket) Empty since the beginning of ENG tour (cricket)

Post by Another Brick Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:43 am

Here's what the famed batting line up has done in away tests. this includes ENG tests and MCG test.

RSD 540 @ 67
SRT 380 @ 37
Loudmouth Sehwag 115 @ 19
12 crore KKR purchase Gambhir - 118 @ 14
Laxman - 185 @ 18
Dhobi - 250 @ 27

no wonder people are already talking about another white wash. now, i don't think that we will lose all the four tests, but i don't see us winning or drawing the series. this was a golden chance (after ENG tour) to prove that IND deserved that # 1 status, but it is not to be.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

since the beginning of ENG tour (cricket) Empty Re: since the beginning of ENG tour (cricket)

Post by The Absolute Zero Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:34 pm

To prove that India "DESERVED" the #1 status?

I thought these trips conclusively proved that India does NOT DESERVE the #1 status. Not then, not now, not in the near future. They cannot bowl, cannot bat and cannot field. All they can do is "talk."

Examples: Anything below 300 is gettable, Against Abu Dhabi team one of our folks will hit a 200, We start tentative (really? should have said, we are losers you know!)

The bottomline for ANY country. If there is a struggling batsman (aka Ponting) we will bring him back to form and give him few more years of life. We make heroes out of common folk. Starts out of junka$$es

The Absolute Zero

Back to top Go down

since the beginning of ENG tour (cricket) Empty Re: since the beginning of ENG tour (cricket)

Post by truthbetold Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:52 pm

I am surprised at the venom spewed out against Indian team that failed in 4th
innings to reach 291. you are over expecting from a team you called losers and then getting angry at those incompetent batsmen.

Indian bowlers bowled way better than any one expected. But they did fail to contain the tail. On the other hand Indian tail started at the fall of 4 wickets in 1st innings. If you go back to england, tail defeated India at lords.

Indian batsmen are human and they fail when conditions over match them.

If one wants to make a point that Sachin is not as great as vivian richards, then many would agree.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:00 pm

I read in a column y'day that quoted kapil Dev as saying "our bowlers have the habit of bringing out of form batsmen into top form."

So very right. Pontinglu and Hussey would hv been dumped after this series..now, the Indians will work overtime to enable Ponting score 3 to 4 centuries.

Starting tentatively???? 218 for 2 against a target of 333 is NOT tentative. It is a good - great start. Just that the Indians seem to be past their prime and the mental toughness is not there. It is not a 1 or 2 test sign. a 2 long-series exam and the degradation can be clearly seen.

If the team is not replaced/rectified we will be on par with the windies pretty soon.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:39 pm

"If the team is not replaced/rectified we will be on par with the windies pretty soon."

Replaced with what? Badri, mukund, Vijay, rahane, rohit, yuv raj, kohli, and Ganbhir as captain. SRT and Dravid are extending Indian stay at the top and giving a chance for India to come up with new talent. Last 4 years proved, Indian talent is not world class.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Fri Dec 30, 2011 1:10 am

The Absolute Zero wrote:To prove that India "DESERVED" the #1 status?

I thought these trips conclusively proved that India does NOT DESERVE the #1 status. Not then, not now, not in the near future. They cannot bowl, cannot bat and cannot field. All they can do is "talk."

Examples: Anything below 300 is gettable, Against Abu Dhabi team one of our folks will hit a 200, We start tentative (really? should have said, we are losers you know!)

The bottomline for ANY country. If there is a struggling batsman (aka Ponting) we will bring him back to form and give him few more years of life. We make heroes out of common folk. Starts out of junka$$es

i don't know (never bothered to check) what factors are used to rank these teams. but given that nobody is complaining about that system, IND must have done something good to get to that spot. but if you try to recall what IND has done in the past few years, it is good but not astonishing. IND leveled the series in SA. IND won the previous series in ENG (because rain and umpiring saved us at Lord's). IND won two tests in AUS in two series. i am not going to talk about WI and NZ tours because they are minnows.

SA has the habit of losing at least one test when they are hosting. heck, they even lost to WI before us and they have lost to SL yesterday. AUS beat them in their own backyard and ENG leveled the series. SA beat AUS in AUS and have leveled two series in IND. they have also done really good in ENG. but since they lose tests regularly at home, i think they were not # 1.

AUS lost to ENG in ENG and AUS. they have lost tests on their home soil to ENG, SA, PAK and IND. and if sangakkara was not given out on 195 in that epic innings a few years ago, they would have lost to SL as well.

ENG has been doing well at home but not as good as IND. they have lost tests to SA, PAK and IND in the past few years.

given their performance, IND's performance at home is awesome (lost to SA only). maybe that's why they reached # 1. but when it comes to traveling, they have been average. winning one test in a series cannot be called dominance. and that's why i said ENG and AUS tours were the series where they could have tried to dominate and proved to the world that they were # 1 not just because they play well at home.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down