Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Honeymoon?

+4
doofus_maximus
MaxEntropy_Man
chameli
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
8 posters

Go down

Honeymoon? Empty Honeymoon?

Post by Guest Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:26 am

Just browsed through the wedding pics and amazingly fun honeymoon pics of bff's cousin on FB. Kids these days definitely have much more fun (or atleast the desi ones are no longer shy to click and share it) ... Anyway, this brings me to a question.

Did you guys have a honeymoon? If yes, where did you go? How long did you go? And how was it? Single folks here, what plans/dreams do you have for them?

We had none. Thought living by ourselves in a new apartment would be honeymoonly enough, but that didn't happen either. bff married same time as me, and had TWO honeymoons; at a cold place and a warm place.

Back to top Go down

Honeymoon? Empty Re: Honeymoon?

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:28 am

We had our honeymoon in Hawaii for 10 days.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:35 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:We had our honeymoon in Hawaii for 10 days.

Oh wow, sounds fun. When younger, I was all about going to Switzerland (yash chopra effect). But after coming here, realized the importance of weather, and saw how much fun beaches can be. Am totally for a beach place now, for relaxation.

The couple from my OP went through Australia and NZ, all places big and small. Did all possible air/water/land adventures.

Last edited by Tracy Whitney on Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : English challenged)

Back to top Go down

Post by chameli Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:10 pm

knowing you tracy you would want details raw and real ones

so let me see all what i can make up to throw u off Razz
chameli
chameli

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:58 pm

tell me chameli, how do u plan ur honeymoon, if you DO get married.

Back to top Go down

Post by chameli Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:05 pm

honey aren't u listening ?

telling u anything is like telling an elf of the toad's birthday party

better still I shall put you in the trunk of my honeymoon limo

that way you get first hand information plus allowance to add ur own masala
chameli
chameli

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:24 am

No more takers? Oh come on.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:00 pm

in my apartment writing my dissertation and getting ready to defend in a couple of weeks.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:20 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:in my apartment writing my dissertation and getting ready to defend in a couple of weeks.

cool. did you make up with a trip alone later? we haven't done that, so far.

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:43 pm

Resort in Goa for five days..

Last two days I got food poisoning from the resort food. So we found a local grocery store nearby and my wife cooked sickly yellow daal and rice in the kitchen we had in our suite.

EDIT: One idiot bartender was hitting on my new wife. MOFO knew we were newly married. I was this close to confronting that phucker.
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:49 pm

doofus_maximus wrote:Resort in Goa for five days..

Last two days I got food poisoning from the resort food. So we found a local grocery store nearby and my wife cooked sickly yellow daal and rice in the kitchen we had in our suite.

EDIT: One idiot bartender was hitting on my new wife. MOFO knew we were newly married. I was this close to confronting that phucker.

Resort in Goa sounds fun. And I know the pleasures of eating home cooked meal even in resorts! We went as a big family to FL, twice, and atleast a few meals were simple daal (or rase waali alu-mattar-tomato sabzi) and rice. The same thing tastes heavenly after days of outsourced food.

Regarding bartender hitting on the wife, will quote a line from leo tolstoy novel that I am reading. The wife was being propositioned by a young lad, a junior of the husband actually. When she told the husband later, he said, 'Every women in the world faces this at some time or the other. I trust you to use tact in these matters. Please do not reduce yourself and me to the lowly levels of jealousy by telling me this'.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:40 pm

Ours was one day b'lore, 3 days ooty. Got sore throat the day I landed in B'lore. On my way to Ooty, which was a 5-6 hr bus journey, my sore throat peaked and I got fever too. I felt horrible the whole journey and kept asking my husband how much more longer until we are there. I thought that if there was anything called hell, it can't be worse than what I was going through then. Finally reached Ooty and went to a doctor there. The temperature was 103+. She gave me some antibiotics and fever meds.Thankfully, the meds started working and I was getting better slowly.

The next couple of days, i was in bed in the beautiful cottage. My husband was inside too, ordering room service. He'd order all the yummy, spicy food for himself and toast and milk for me. Worse, he'd sit right beside me and eat his stuff. i gave him indirect hints saying, 'this is not fair at all. You get to eat all that yummy food and I have to eat this toast' and he tried to show some sympathy with, 'i'm so sorry. i feel so bad for you' and kept eating right IN FRONT of me. Dork! I got so mad! He could've taken his food to the other room (it's a suit) and had it there. Jeez! There are some things men don't get. Direct or indirect suggestions won't help either.

By second day night, i was almost fine. The sore throad got much better and the fever was down. Hubby was having this flavorful biryani for dinner. I shamelessly had to beg for it, saying that i'm fine now and would like to have a lil of his biryani. He was like, 'no, you just recovered from fever. got to be careful. Can't have this food' and stingily gave just one tsp to taste. I wondered if he was taking revenge on me for ruining his honey moon. I put up a sad face and apologized to him for the same. He seemed a lil offended and comforted me with, 'we got a whole life ahead of us. With u beside me, everyday is a honeymoon....', etc. Ok...so he wasn't taking it out on me.

By third day, i was fine and it was the day we were to leave. Hubby hired a taxi for a couple of hrs to take us to the imp tourist spots in ooty. A photographer also came along. They took us to the photo shoot areas and took pics of me and my husband. The photographer made us pose in all romantic postures. I was sooo uncomfortable doing those poses for a photoshoot in public. The photograper and my husband kept cajoling me not to get so shy. Somehow did it and headed back.

After coming back, when my cousins saw those pics, they were like, 'omg! these are so romantic. Looks like u guys had a lot of fun, eventhough you got sick.' Yeah, right!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:44 pm

Whao! I just realized how much I wrote. This wasn't me before. Trace, looks like I'm slowly becoming like you. Noooo!!! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:05 pm

That was a beautiful write up Kins. Loved it! Smile

Aww, wish he had let you eat all that food. What does sore throat have to do with the food, not like u had tummy issues.

Regarding eating, reminds me of the time when second one was to be born. MIL packed me with super parathas before I went to the hospital (so thankful to her for that). While she packed a lunch box for K, I think it was pohe. We left home around 7:00 am.

Around 11:00 am he started looking a little edgy. I knew I was no where close to delivering, so I urged him to eat. He kept hesitating, as all I was allowed was to suck on ice chips. Then finally I had to order him to eat, so he went to the corner of the room, faced the vents, and ate it real quick. Good guy! Smile

OTOH, I am a shameless eater. When I was preggo with first one, we had to take him to the hospital for Appendicitis. We were in the ER all day long before they determined this. I kept going out to the vending machine to eat all day. They decided in the evening to operate him around 10:00 pm. His uncle and aunty came over for support. Aunty brought food for me, and began urging me to eat. I said I will eat it later. Then once he was wheeled in the OR, I said, 'oh ya where is the food, let me eat before he comes out'.

Later, aunty told me jokingly. Her MIL, i.e. K's grandma had asked her, 'How is tracy taking K's surgery, she must be mighty upset, did she eat at all?' And aunty told her, 'woh to maje mein khana kha rahi thee, phikar mat karo, mentally bohot strong hai woh'.

Then she explained that women in general have to be cajoled and forced into eating when anyone, and OMG, the HUSBAND is in the operating room. So it was kinda refreshing to see me sitting there in the waiting room and peacefully eating roti-sabzi. Overall, they reasoned that 1) I was preggo and 2) I am a surgeon's daughter, so I got a stronger gut than many others.

Honestly, I might have eaten the food even if the above two weren't true, but phew, thank God I had the preggo excuse.

Kinda made me a little embarrased, and then I realized how quietly shocked the uncle looked. Not coz he was disapproving, but coz he had seen only other types of women in their family so far. Guess I passed and failed the new-DIL test, depending on who was judging me, but secretly, everyone knew I can handle stuff, and were happy for K overall.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:14 pm

kinnera wrote:Whao! I just realized how much I wrote. This wasn't me before. Trace, looks like I'm slowly becoming like you. Noooo!!! Smile

That was exactly what came to my mind - half way through.... Razz

P.S. This was what I was telling you earlier. We men don't like hints. Give your answer straight - brutal and honest.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:28 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

P.S. This was what I was telling you earlier. We men don't like hints. Give your answer straight - brutal and honest.

So, shld i have said, "You &%^$#! Get out of my sight while eating your food?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:30 pm

kinnera wrote:

Yes.... that would have showed him how tough you were and he would be dancing to your tunes even now....Wink

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:02 pm

Smile@trace

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:14 pm

kinnera wrote:

Yes.... that would have showed him how tough you were and he would be dancing to your tunes even now....Wink

If it were now, i wouldn't even ask him. I would simply grab the plate and finish it. He could order more, if he wants.

Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:42 pm

I don't know why they call it as "Honeymoon?!"...well, whatever!!!!

We went to Ooty for like a week...funny we were accompanied by like 20+ family and friends. LOL

It all started with HD inviting SIL and SIL wasn't sent alone she came in with her family including her BIL's families. (Joint family! - you know?)

Then one of his friend were married a week before us - and HD invited them also and surprisingly he bought his MOM and Sister and his college going brothers.

I was horrified and invited my sisters but only my adopted sister family came with us.

They were like 7 (HD's friend's )+ 7 (SIL family) + 4( My sis family) + MIL + 4 (BIL and his friends)

We thought of booking a bus - but then went in 6 cars.

After that we don't tell anyone that about our travel plans. We did traveled a lot...mostly Karnataka, TN, S'pore, Thailand, a little Kerela, Nepal and that's that.

What I can't forget about our HM is the three MIL's water sports activities. (There used to be some water sports near Kodai or Ooty...don't remember)

We the couples were staying at a seperate suit and those buddies literally passed out with whisky and HD's friend's wife and me ended up talking about all In-law stories. Phew!!!

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:02 pm

LOL. OMG, the people had no sense or what... when my bro was newly married, my rents (or even I), would not even go out to see movies with them, even if they asked out of courtesy. Specially on Sunday nights. If I arranged the movie, then we would all go. Not if they did.

And a related funny incidence. My close friend who was a marathi, was home and saw this, and was maha impressed with us "NI's" and our maturity, as in letting the newly weds be. She said this would never happen in a typical marathi household. You ask any oldie to watch a movie, no matter how old, and they will never refuse. No matter what your marital status is. At the time, I thought she was stereotyping too much.

But when I came here, K would ask his 78-year-old grandma (god bless her soul) out wherever he went. And she NEVER refused. So we would be a bunch of 23-25 years olds, out to see a movie, or anything for that matter, and alongwith us would be the grandma. I am sure we must have looked odd, but we didn't care. The only time this became an issue was when we took her to see the movie Ishq, and it wasn't that pleasant for our sincerest and her favoritest kid, this KN dude, who suffered the movie and its obscene scenes sitting next to her.

Last edited by Tracy Whitney on Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : talking about the departed souls.. had to add god bless.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:08 pm

You were right about Marathi families!!!

LOL that is okay I guess. I always go to movies with my MIL these days and can't believe that we are bonding.

At 78 nothing should be obscene for her.

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:15 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:will quote a line from leo tolstoy novel that I am reading
affraid. Anna Karenina?
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:36 pm

artood2 wrote:
charvaka wrote:
affraid. Anna Karenina?

show off. she started months ago, still hasn't finished.

Lol. Yes anna kare nina. Bought it over a month ago. Started it 2 weeks ago, but picked up the pace only 2-3 days ago. It's got 1180 pages. I'm at around 180 I think. Still a long way to go.

Back to top Go down

Post by chameli Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:55 pm

tracy ,

i see you refer to people from maharashtra as marathis

i understand you are married to a maharashtrian

gujeratis are people who come from gujerat

similarly maharashtrians are people who come from maharashtra

kindly dont say he is marathi ..the correct terminology is " he is a maharashtrian "

the language is marathi... yes

surprised at u
chameli
chameli

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:58 pm

Sasthi wrote:

They were like 7 (HD's friend's )+ 7 (SIL family) + 4( My sis family) + MIL + 4 (BIL and his friends)

WHAT THE...

Did you not read the title of the thread?
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:07 pm

Nope. I don't read.

Howz ur fan club and fan club ki Lady?

Btw, since you are a fan club hubby...can you throw tips on cleaning the living room in 5 min.

Thx.

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:17 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:
artood2 wrote:
charvaka wrote:
affraid. Anna Karenina?

Lol. Yes anna kare nina. Bought it over a month ago. Started it 2 weeks ago, but picked up the pace only 2-3 days ago. It's got 1180 pages. I'm at around 180 I think. Still a long way to go.

wow, looks like your reply was there on your computer for a long time before you pressed send. I thought the original comment did not come out as inttended it but it did get captured.
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:23 pm

artood2 wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:
artood2 wrote:
charvaka wrote:
affraid. Anna Karenina?

wow, looks like your reply was there on your computer for a long time before you pressed send. I thought the original comment did not come out as inttended it but it did get captured.

Yeah. I marked that as quote, then went into my train and then finished the reply.

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:39 pm

artood2 wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:Yes anna kare nina.
What was the intended comment that got captured? Is this some Hindian mockery of Anna?
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:46 pm

charvaka wrote:
artood2 wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:Yes anna kare nina.
What was the intended comment that got captured? Is this some Hindian mockery of Anna?

"show off. she started months ago, still hasn't finished."

That was what I wrote and delted but it got captured. nothing bad.

In case you are wondering why that kare is separated from nina, it was the code name for Bittu's pursuit of a lady of the name.
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:01 pm

Lots of post deletions here. Hadn't noticed that you deleted your post!
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:26 pm

read some boring threads in my life and this isnt the boringest one. waiting for more contributions before declaring it thusly.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:35 pm

hey?!

K make it interesting. Write about yours.

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:36 pm

me? no...wasnt maria sighting rumored around these parts?

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down