Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sydney test

5 posters

Go down

Sydney test Empty Sydney test

Post by doofus_maximus Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:38 pm

Pattinson/Peter Siddle/Hilfenhaus made to look like McGrath/Lillee/Thommo combined by our batsmen.

4-0 drubbing in the offing.

Depressing. Dravid looked completely clueless. I saw Max make fun of Ponting's dismissal against Kiwis. Max should watch Dravid hop and jump around like a rabbit. He looked very slow and old.

Meanwhile Sehwag keeps swishing at everything. Ponting dropped a sitter.

Gambhir should concentrate on his Tonty/tonty skills.

doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Sydney test Empty Re: Sydney test

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:57 pm

doofus_maximus wrote:Pattinson/Peter Siddle/Hilfenhaus made to look like McGrath/Lillee/Thommo combined by our batsmen.

EXACTLY. I can't believe how these are being made into super bowlers.

What a Shame.... 3 gone...already.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:52 pm

doofus_maximus wrote:I saw Max make fun of Ponting's dismissal against Kiwis. Max should watch Dravid hop and jump around like a rabbit. He looked very slow and old.

i understand when it comes to dravid for indian selectors, captains, and fans, that the rope is extra short and the knives extra sharp. but even given this unusually special high standard that dravid is perpetually asked to live up to, this is his second, let me repeat that, SECOND, consecutive innings, where he has failed to achieve a score greater than 50. and he ended 2011 as the highest scoring indian test batsman with a fantastic performance in england where all the other over-trumpeted panjandrums failed and failed spectacularly. a little perspective please!
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:59 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
doofus_maximus wrote:I saw Max make fun of Ponting's dismissal against Kiwis. Max should watch Dravid hop and jump around like a rabbit. He looked very slow and old.

i understand when it comes to dravid for indian selectors, captains, and fans, that the rope is extra short and the knives extra sharp. but even given this unusually special high standard that dravid is perpetually asked to live up to, this is his second, let me repeat that, SECOND, innings, where he has failed to achieve a score greater than 50. and he ended 2011 as the highest scoring indian test batsman with a fantastic performance in england where all the other over-trumpeted panjandrums failed and failed spectacularly. a little perspective please!

Not to mention that he had to go after just 3 balls.... Pray tell me if someone can score 50 centuries in ODI wont it be natural to ask him to open or himself to volunteer and show the rest how to play ?

oh wait...never mind...

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:26 pm

Dravid started thinking in the first innings after scoring 25 fluent runs. James Pattinson beat him on the off side multiple times in his second spell. I feel doubt spread into dravid's mind. He hung around long to add several more runs but he was no longer fluid. My impression is that he went into a shell and he has not recovered.

Without Dravid, Indian innings will continue to fold easily. Laxman's continued failures were disappointing. Till one or more Indian batsmen offer real resistance, Indian batting will be the subject of much abuse.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:15 am

i am not certain that IND will lose this match. i am hoping for some ZK, Yadav and Sharma magic in about an hour from now. 200 won't look all that bad a score then. and if IND manages to keep AUS down to a low total, they can go on to win this one. AUS will have to bat in the 4th innings, won't they?

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:30 am

Another Brick wrote:i am not certain that IND will lose this match. i am hoping for some ZK, Yadav and Sharma magic in about an hour from now. 200 won't look all that bad a score then. and if IND manages to keep AUS down to a low total, they can go on to win this one. AUS will have to bat in the 4th innings, won't they?

May the new year make all your dreams come true.

Happy new year.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:20 am

11/2.

i am certain AUS will fold for less than 200. watch.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:22 am

hm.....mayyyyyyyy be...or not.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:13 am

oh, i meant 200 X 2.

ZK bowled well, but others sucked. what a disappointment!

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:54 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

i understand when it comes to dravid for indian selectors, captains, and fans, that the rope is extra short and the knives extra sharp. but even given this unusually special high standard that dravid is perpetually asked to live up to, this is his second, let me repeat that, SECOND, consecutive innings, where he has failed to achieve a score greater than 50. and he ended 2011 as the highest scoring indian test batsman with a fantastic performance in england where all the other over-trumpeted panjandrums failed and failed spectacularly. a little perspective please!

Looks like I wasn't clear as to what I want to say. I was mad as hell when I wrote that post and switched off the tv and stormed out of the living room.

Nobody wants to sit Dravid out or anything like that. I completely agree that he did spectacularly well in England when everyone failed and I am no Ponting fan either.

What I meant to say was it is not easy to write one player off, especially a player of the caliber of Ponting after one lousy innings.

Having said that, I don't care if Dravid/Laxman did spectaculary well previously. If you don't perform continuously for a few innings daggers will come out. Laxman and Gambhir based on current form should be given a very very short rope. Dravid if he continues to not even get the bat on ball then he should be under watch too. Dravid gets a short rope because he was just given a very very long rope just before the England test series and he redeemed himself. If he goes to his pre-English series form then he should get out. Laxman looks totally out of sorts. Coming to SRT in both matches he was playing so well but got out. Based on his previous outing in England he should be put under notice. Get your damn 100 and get out.

Everyone predicted that India will fall from the heights of being Test no 1 when the Maharathis retire. Too bad that the decline has started way before they retired. Hold on to your seats as this downfall is going to long and hard.

I held out hopes after a bad England test series for the team but I feel now that they should need a total revamp. Start from scratch and rebuild the team. This is coming from a fan unlike the regular Indian fan AKA Upps/TAZ.
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:03 pm

yeah let's kick them all out and bring back the replacements waiting in the wings. i'm sure they'll come in start scoring tons by the half dozen.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:32 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:yeah let's kick them all out and bring back the replacements waiting in the wings. i'm sure they'll come in start scoring tons by the half dozen.

dude.. I didn't say that the replacements are going to win matches for us. Case in point being our brightest prospect Kohli who sucks gazillions. It would easily take India another 5 years to show some semblance of being a top team.

Rebuilding a team always takes time, exception being the Aussies. Thats why every sane fan raised a big stink when Dravid was going through a prolonged slump (and asked him to retire) before the England series which you conveniently failed to address from my last post.

Now the same stink is being raised when you see Gambhir, Laxman and SRT included go through the slump.

Even you have to agree that old Indian teams would at least draw some tests. This team is not even capable of that. This is the worst I have seen an Indian team perform overseas. That doesn't mean the replacements are going to do any better.
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:40 pm

you make a change if you think the change has a prayer of succeeding. OTOH you don't make a change if it won't or worse still end up making things much worse. so instead of being bundled out for under 200, we could see the team getting bundled out for under 50. that's not the kind of change i can believe in.

there is a simple reason we won't ever find replacements that will improve the quality of the team, and that reason is the IPL. with the kind of financial incentives that the IPL offers, there is no reason for batsmen to develop the kind of skills that it takes in the longer format or even have the desire to play the longer format. i am not whining; i have long accepted the fact that whether i like it or not, this is the way things are going to be. the retirement of the big three and ZK will be the end of test cricket as we know it at least in india. slowly, that will also pervade into other test playing nations. time to move on.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:47 pm

So you want them to keep on playing till we find the next Dravid/Laxman/SRT. Hell we have not found a replacement for Ganguly yet in the test team.

It might take years or possibly decades either way (big three continue or retire) for India to be back on top.
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down