Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Appointments today in Delhi

3 posters

Go down

Appointments today in Delhi Empty Appointments today in Delhi

Post by Bittu Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:21 am

noon appointment with sis.
2pm appointment with friend from Ludhiana - dude who owes me money.
7pm dinner at TMB's friend's house.

friend called at noon to say his train is running late, so the appointment needs to be pushed out to 4pm. No problems, trains run late routinely. I understand.

noon rolls around. no news of sis. send her a text at 1230pm. She replies at 2pm. "I am having lunch with a friend. Can we meet at 3pm or so?"

Tried calling friend from Ludhiana. "The phone you are trying to call is unreachable. Try calling later". He finally called at 3pm and said "Give me 30 mins to figure out when/where we can meet". I had to call back an hour later. He gave me some runaround and said "I'll be back in town the day after. Let's meet then"

I'm bracing myself for the dinner tonight. Who knows how that'll go.

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Appointments today in Delhi Empty Re: Appointments today in Delhi

Post by Merlot Daruwala Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:03 am

Serves u right for treating ur sis and friends as "appointments". With your run of luck, the host may have even forgotten abt the dinner invite.

Anyway how was the long-awaited getting together with Nina? And how was Rajasthan?
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:32 am

The evening one is set up by TMB. I've a feeling it'll go as planned. Have fun!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:43 am

*sigh!* You got to do something to re-connect with your family members. Kuch to karo, with a positive mind.

Looks like the Ludhiana friend is tying to avoid you. Don't leave him. Collect the entire amt this time, NOW. Btw, you got to brush up on your Panchatantra stories, mitra bedha and mitra laabha (bad friends and good friends and how to distinguish between the two). Also, as my tuition teacher used to say, 'If you want to have a peaceful life, don't lend money, don't borrow money from anyone'. That's such a valuable piece of advice, methinks.

The third one is TMB's friend. Everything should go pretty normally and as planned (as trace already said).

Come back sane!

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:32 pm

kinnera wrote:*sigh!* You got to do something to re-connect with your family members. Kuch to karo, with a positive mind.

Looks like the Ludhiana friend is tying to avoid you. Don't leave him. Collect the entire amt this time, NOW. Btw, you got to brush up on your Panchatantra stories, mitra bedha and mitra laabha (bad friends and good friends and how to distinguish between the two). Also, as my tuition teacher used to say, 'If you want to have a peaceful life, don't lend money, don't borrow money from anyone'. That's such a valuable piece of advice, methinks.

The third one is TMB's friend. Everything should go pretty normally and as planned (as trace already said).

Come back sane!

It is better to forget about the money and save your angst. He might feel bad for a day or 2. Rs 20K today is almost nothing. We learn by experience who are the ones you can trust.

I have gone through that route myself and simply wrote off Rs 65K that I lent when money had some value. So you learn. But, I agree. Overall lending money puts you in trouble - most of the times.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:48 pm

Upps, it's not Rs. 20k. It's $ 20k and that's a lot of money. It's not like his friend is going through financial hardships. He simply doesn't seem to want to give back.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:20 pm

kinnera wrote:Upps, it's not Rs. 20k. It's $ 20k and that's a lot of money. It's not like his friend is going through financial hardships. He simply doesn't seem to want to give back.

20 K = 10 Lakhs... so forget it...Pottyman makes that much money in a month.

Oh..I forgot. I also lost another $6k a few years ago when my wife lent it to her friend (oh at that time, it was MY MONEY). That was a very valid reason to file for divorce (and i missed my golden chance).

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down