Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jallikattu ban---the hindutva viewpoint

+2
Seva Lamberdar
ashdoc
6 posters

Go down

Jallikattu ban---the hindutva viewpoint  Empty Jallikattu ban---the hindutva viewpoint

Post by ashdoc Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:37 am

http://yugaparivartan.com/2017/01/12/jallikattu-is-an-issue-of-national-integrity/

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Jallikattu ban---the hindutva viewpoint  Empty Re: Jallikattu ban---the hindutva viewpoint

Post by Seva Lamberdar Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:07 am

I spent first 18 yrs. of my life in a small village in H.P. before heading to the university / IIT for higher studies and had seen first-hand a number of real tamings of bulls (oxen) for agriculture in my village, but never anything like in these photos / pictures.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Jallikattu ban---the hindutva viewpoint  Empty Re: Jallikattu ban---the hindutva viewpoint

Post by Maria S Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:12 am

Irrespective of the group, I can agree with many of the statements. 

It is also an issue of the State -Tamil Nadu's rights and integrity. Have learned a lot about Jallikattu and the history from many neutral observers and experts, and it is quite interesting. *While there may be incidents where there are injuries, apparently the animals are treated better than the humans, and there are guidelines and plenty of state regulations. 

No one can endorse animal cruelty..but, selectively going after the far less harmful ancient traditions in Tamil Nadu..while allowing cruelty like branding, castration, starvation..not to mention slaughtering of animals is strange and seems intentional (as a non-veg, it would hypocritical for me and others to criticize killing for food consumption). 

This is an article from July:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-36798500

In any case...good that now, it has brought attention and new laws are being passed to protect the tradition after massive protests.

It has certainly galvanized Tamilians to wake up, and be more alert and aware of the efforts to disrespect, and cause unnecessary interference by forces outside the State and India for business, profit making and other intentions.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:15 am

ashdochttp://yugaparivartan.com/2017/01/12/jallikattu-is-an-issue-of-national-integrity/
Oh the chaddis are very concerned about the use of state machinery to interfere in the personal lives and beliefs of the people of India! Why is the same concern not expressed when every BJP ruled state banned the slaughter and consumption of bulls and bullocks??
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:16 am

These days, in AP, farmers are not using bulls for agriculture or transportation. In my village, they are all using tractors, etc. In fact, the sad thing is - I understand that when a male calf is born, it is killed! While I don't support this killing, there must be a civilized way to take care of bulls, cows, buffaloes, etc., and in controlling their population.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:21 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:

ashdochttp://yugaparivartan.com/2017/01/12/jallikattu-is-an-issue-of-national-integrity/
Oh the chaddis are very concerned about the use of state machinery to interfere in the personal lives and beliefs of the people of India! Why is the same concern not expressed when every BJP ruled state banned the slaughter and consumption of bulls and bullocks??
Chaddis, Sikular minds and DKheads should stop supporting abuse of bulls, goats, etc., in the name of jallikattu, cock fights, culture, VOTES......

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:22 am

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:These days, in AP, farmers are not using bulls for agriculture or transportation. In my village, they are all using tractors, etc. In fact, the sad thing is - I understand that when a male calf is born, it is killed! While I don't support this killing, there must be a civilized way to take care of bulls, cows, buffaloes, etc., and in controlling their population.

There can be some relief to this: "Going bullish with animal power" --- http://www.geocities.ws/lamberdar/animal_power.html
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:29 am

Two things.

These demos are not about Jallikattu except for first couple of them in Jallikattu areas. Then it morphed into Hindian rule over Tamil Nadu. In Chennaiu Marina there are more placards about Cauvery, fishermen, Eelem Tamil rights than jallikattu. There was a banner of the commander. There were banners saying we are Tamil not Indians.

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:31 am

I looked at some jALLIkattu videos. I do not see bulls injured or harmed. Traditionally these bulls were never hurt. They were harassed.

If PETA has problems they should go to TN gov and not Hindians in Delhi. TN gov will look into it.

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:59 am

Jallikattu ban---the hindutva viewpoint  49898-blefinfvzd-1485100947

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:00 am

slogan heard at chennai marina

Modhalla Maadu, Apparum Thani Tamil Nadu.”
“First the bull and then a separate Tamil Nadu.”

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:03 am

Jallikattu ban---the hindutva viewpoint  Cauvery%20jallikattu

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:14 am

Will January 26 Hindi parade turn violent?

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:21 am

demonstrators were accused of burning police vehicle. But video shows a police man setting fire to the vehicle

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:48 pm

Kayalvizhi wrote:Will January 26 Hindi parade turn violent?
It is called Independence day. If you don't like India, get the hell out. We'll all help in pushing you off our land. Your buddies - DKheads - supported the Justice party which was in favor of English ars-licking. Traitors and Desh drohis.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:04 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
It is called Independence day.
 Really? Check the civics book you used at CBSE schools

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:08 pm

Kayalvizhi wrote:
Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
You are a fanatic. Go back to your LTTE and get the hell out of India.

And stop lying:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justice_Party_(India)

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:16 pm

Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
Kayalvizhi wrote:
Vakavaka Pakapaka wrote:
You are a fanatic.

"Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no crime" - Goldwater

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down