Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charvaka's link: Bengali and Telugu husbands harass their wives the most

3 posters

Go down

Charvaka's link: Bengali and Telugu husbands harass their wives the most Empty Charvaka's link: Bengali and Telugu husbands harass their wives the most

Post by Guest Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:25 pm

in an earlier discussion, Charvaka was kind enough to give me a link:
http://ncrb.nic.in/CII2010/cii-2010/Table%205.2.pdf

This link says that the maximum number of cases in India of 'Cruelty by husbands and relatives' (involving crimes against women) takes place in West Bengal followed by Andhra Pradesh and Rajasthan.

Back to top Go down

Charvaka's link: Bengali and Telugu husbands harass their wives the most Empty Re: Charvaka's link: Bengali and Telugu husbands harass their wives the most

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:10 pm

look at you all growed up -only two such "unrelated" posts in 8 hrs after my morning post on the UP brahmins.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Charvaka's link: Bengali and Telugu husbands harass their wives the most Empty Re: Charvaka's link: Bengali and Telugu husbands harass their wives the most

Post by Guest Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:43 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:look at you all growed up -only two such "unrelated" posts in 8 hrs after my morning post on the UP brahmins.

--> this was for the benefit of people who think that all social evils in India are concentrated in NI. I have no prejudice against telugus, bengalis, or rajasthanis. in fact i have several good friends from AP and Bengal.

--> i only want to understand India better.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:42 am

i would also like to add that there is an obvious correlation between the dowry menace and cruelty and harassment inflicted by husbands (and their relatives) towards their wives.

Once the dowry menace is stamped out completely, this particular statistic will also go down.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:11 pm

the practise of dowry does not exist in bengal! you are conflating things. i know why WB features right up there in the column "section 498A IPC." it is directly connected to literacy. sec. 498A is an unbailable offense and the magistrate will remand you to judicial custody. being on the run or being behind bars for a week is enough punishment for a husband. it is sometimes abused by literate wives in bengal. or, you can say, this section has become a cultural thing here (maybe in AP too -- i don't know).

Back to top Go down

Post by chameli Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:26 pm

hufeza/huzefa.

ur favourite word seems to be conflating ..ive never heard about it before .. sounds awfully like an overgaseous state

Bengali men are harassed i think by their demanding wives ..perhaps this is a cliche that bengali women are pampered and yes respected. ive heard some say that they are great in bed Smile
chameli
chameli

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:56 pm

chameli wrote:ur favourite word seems to be conflating ..

spot on. i do go through phases with words now: primarily 'cos i have to grapple with english now as i am no longer sure if it is my first or second language (after 46 years of using and not using it) and i can no longer call my english "paperback english" (an excuse i conveniently used to use earlier) for i haven't read many books or paperbacks in the last two decades.

thanks to your post, i can no longer edit my earlier post. "non-bailable" should be the next word i should use more often henceforth.

yes, google helps.

Back to top Go down

Post by chameli Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:38 pm

will non bailable replace conflating ?

u write very good english sir ..not a problem at all
chameli
chameli

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:32 pm

Rashmun wrote:in an earlier discussion, Charvaka was kind enough to give me a link:
http://ncrb.nic.in/CII2010/cii-2010/Table%205.2.pdf

This link says that the maximum number of cases in India of 'Cruelty by husbands and relatives' (involving crimes against women) takes place in West Bengal followed by Andhra Pradesh and Rajasthan.

I have heard that Naarthie men marrying Southie women are more cruel to their wives. I dont know how it is in the case of UP brahmins. How will they treat Southie women - say a Tamilian Iyengar (make it Vadakalai) - who they consider as long lost Naarthie Brahmins.

P.S. Verbal boreage and blabbering non-sense on a daily basis are also included within the definition of cruelty.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down