Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

checks and balances

Go down

checks and balances Empty checks and balances

Post by Guest Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:36 pm

guess the new word for it is going to be, 'dissent', and it will likely be punishable. 

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/34404106/state-representative-could-leave-gop-over-trump-concerns

Fukumoto, who serves as the state's House Minority Leader, says she is under constant scrutiny and facing demands for her resignation after publicly raising concerns about President Donald Trump. 

"I've been asked by both my party and my caucus to commit to not criticizing the President for the remainder of his term and to take a more partisan approach to working in the Legislature," said Fukumoto. "That is not a commitment I can make."

Back to top Go down

checks and balances Empty Re: checks and balances

Post by Maria S Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:29 am

Two new American Heroes:

AG Bob Ferguson - for check (mate) apparently an avid chess player.

Judge James Robart- for balance.

Not sure if the ruling will stand for long or the Supreme Court will ultimately overrule them, just proud of their courage and hard work.

Hope you are doing well Tracy. 
take care.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:24 pm

you mean the 'so-called judge'?

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/317899-trump-attacks-so-called-judge-over-travel-ban-ruling

trump on twitter wrote:The opinion of this so-called judge, which essentially takes law-enforcement away from our country, is ridiculous and will be overturned!

PS I am doing well, Maria. thanks.. hope you are good. 

Any Super Bowl plans? I have one, but trying to get out of it, let's see.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down