Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ethics and corruption

+3
confuzzled dude
Maria S
southindian
7 posters

Go down

ethics and corruption Empty ethics and corruption

Post by Guest Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:13 pm

whoever here who had strong views against Clinton regarding ethics and corruption, what's your take on what trump and his cronies are doing so far?

Trump NOT cutting ties with family business, not releasing tax info, having sons over for not-so-important events and letting them mingle with senators, AND using his office to speak about his daughter's family business, who has a big stake in WH and DC.
Conway endorsing First Daughter's brand?
Betsy DeVos reportedly paying senators for confirmation?

Apart from all the mumbo jumbo about fake news, dishonest media, false claims about terror attacks that never happened, and "alternative facts". Don't even get started on Steve Bannon.

What's your take? Just clueless innocent people who had never had power? Or corruption like never seen before?

Back to top Go down

ethics and corruption Empty Re: ethics and corruption

Post by southindian Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:02 pm

Corruption like never seen before

Dod-Frank dismantled
Ethics committee attacked
5/6 billionaires
Sludge in rivers Okay
Pack of Liars
EPA dismantled
So-called President more worried about daughter's company than country Smile
So-called President licking Putin's arse

Did I say, 'Pack of Liars'?

It's corruption like never seen before
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:13 pm

t w wrote:
whoever here who had strong views against Clinton regarding ethics and corruption, what's your take on what trump and his cronies are doing so far?

Trump NOT cutting ties with family business, not releasing tax info, having sons over for not-so-important events and letting them mingle with senators, AND using his office to speak about his daughter's family business, who has a big stake in WH and DC.

Apart from all the mumbo jumbo about fake news, dishonest media, false claims about terror attacks that never happened, and "alternative facts". Don't even get started on Steve Bannon.

What's your take? Just clueless innocent people who had never had power? Or corruption like never seen before?

Hello Tracy!

ALL of the above and more..which cannot be logically described or explained:)
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:30 pm

Logical and rational aside..heard someone who voted for Trump say "we suffered for 8 years, now its their turn", which was revealing.

I don't know how we are going to heal all the deep divisions in this country, which seem like they are getting worse.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:35 pm

Maria S wrote:
t w wrote:

Hello Tracy!

ALL of the above and more..which cannot be logically described or explained:)

Hello M... so not fun to watch a new scandal daily. Can't think of any of other presidencies to be so rocky and controversial than this one. The sooner that ass is impeached, the bigger the collective sigh of relief it's gonna be. At this point, i know atleast i will happily take Pence.

My bigger peeve is.. how come the [ ]s who voted for trump didn't see this coming? he was mental, and corrupt to the core even before he thought of running. corrupt in every possible way you can think of. Dishonest with his vendors, clients, partners, patrons, and even wives! what made people think he will somehow switch, do a 180, and become more presidential? Why did they believe he will turn off his business interests, or do they think it's alright to be invested in it? Why didn't anyone see the danger of white suprematist like Bannon behind him? why didn't they think he will play a pivotal role in the government? or are they really that racist themselves? Was their hatred for Clinton so blinding that they couldn't see this 100% shipwreck? Or do they still think they made the right decision?

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:54 pm

Tracy,

Again it may be all of the reasons (supported silently by many), you have mentioned.

It may be also about the hatred for the Obama years, Hillary got the brunt of all of it. 

And it is no fun at all..watching the mad rush to change everything, without thoughtfulness-  fatigue sets in.

Well, looks like the travel ban EO challenge is going to the Supreme Court! 

Someone is mad typing tweets in CAPS (!)..thank goodness for the few checks and balances which remain.

Have a good evening!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:10 pm

t w wrote:

They're hiding, very conveniently, atm. How are things in NJ, did you get a lot of snow?

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:49 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:How are things in NJ, did you get a lot of snow?

got maybe about 8". not too bad a cleanup, but then i didn't move a muscle, and XH usually downplays the work involved (even though he used a snow blower, it's a lot of work). if i had done it by myself (even if using a snow blower), i would have deeply introspected on the trials of single mothers, hehe. I once shoveled our entire side walk when i was truly single, and felt quite proud of myself. small-small achievements.

anyhoos, got a chance to use instagram filters on my pics.

let's see if schools open on time tomorrow.

did it snow there?

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:01 pm

t w wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:How are things in NJ, did you get a lot of snow?

got maybe about 8". not too bad a cleanup, but then i didn't move a muscle, and XH usually downplays the work involved (even though he used a snow blower, it's a lot of work). if i had done it by myself (even if using a snow blower), i would have deeply introspected on the trials of single mothers, hehe. I once shoveled our entire side walk when i was truly single, and felt quite proud of myself. small-small achievements.

anyhoos, got a chance to use instagram filters on my pics.

let's see if schools open on time tomorrow.

did it snow there?
Nope. We didn't get any. Kids were disappointed. I was happy as I postponed the purchase of snow blower, yet another year.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:14 pm

Maria S wrote:Tracy,

Again it may be all of the reasons (supported silently by many), you have mentioned.

It may be also about the hatred for the Obama years, Hillary got the brunt of all of it. 

And it is no fun at all..watching the mad rush to change everything, without thoughtfulness-  fatigue sets in.

Well, looks like the travel ban EO challenge is going to the Supreme Court! 

Someone is mad typing tweets in CAPS (!)..thank goodness for the few checks and balances which remain.

Have a good evening!

looks like so called "radicali$m" in all forms seem to be the mantra for modern existence - in all facets of life, be it in religion, government etc., etc., so decadent and sad No

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:33 am

t w wrote:

Not a peep from Jinglebells, the fake hotdog, Hellsu etc. Wonder why.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by garam-kuta Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:36 pm

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
t w wrote:

Not a peep from Jinglebells, the fake hotdog, Hellsu etc. Wonder why.
i'm sorry. i didn't know that we have to keep track and respond to every yawn-inducing limp-wristed breast-beating post. like the investor relations department responding to queries from every stupid investor.

coming to nordstrom issue, all he did was to express his unhappiness on unfair treatment. he didn't threaten to sic a govt agency on them or promise tax cuts to companies doing business with his family. the media is examining with an eagle eye for any hint of corruption and if they find any small thing, they will make sure that every last person on earth knows about it.

unlike the clinton son-in-law hedge fund news that the media gave a quiet burial. the big wall street guys invested millions in that hedge fund not because of its stellar performance, it lost 48% in a year and 90% overall. but they kept giving money to him. and it was quietly closed just after the election because wall street would no longer provide funds to buy influence.

garam-kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:22 pm

I heard in a financial forum this info:
Chelsea Clinton's husband did that with Greek bonds, lost 90 percent of the money and finally liquidated his hedge fund this week.

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by garam-kuta Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:59 pm

FluteHolder wrote:I heard in a financial forum this info:
Chelsea Clinton's husband did that with Greek bonds, lost 90 percent of the money and finally liquidated his hedge fund this week.
and you know the most amusing thing about the whole fiasco? the investors in that hedge fund are not some rich clueless guys. the main backer was goldman sachs CEO Lloyd B. and the luminaries of biggest wall street firms couldn't find a better hedge fund to invest than the one ran by the S-I-L. give me a break.

http://nypost.com/2017/02/08/clintons-son-in-law-closed-his-hedge-fund-after-the-election/

and you won't find this news in the MSM unless you search for it.

the big companies/foreigners were falling over each other to buy influence with clinton and the media found nothing wrong with it. now the big companies are running away from trump kids and the media finds that very corrupt. yeah right.

garam-kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:35 pm

https://www.fastcompany.com/3068034/why-trumps-nordstrom-tweet-may-have-crossed-an-ethical-line

According to Clark, this initial tweet was not an ethical violation. The law ensures that government employees are afforded the right to act as private citizens. "It's absolutely critical that government officials, in general, make communications in their personal capacity," she explains. "And that the government not be able to shut down or gag government employees by prohibiting them from speaking on their own behalf."

But all of that changed when the official @POTUS account retweeted Trump's original tweet, because suddenly the official weight of the government was behind Trump's criticism of Nordstrom's decision to drop Ivanka's products. "The @POTUS handle is seen as government property," Clark says. "It's an official government organ."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:53 pm

it's only amusing that clinton was in no way connected to her SIL's hedge fund, nor did she promote it in any way. in case of her charity too, no undue favor was ever proven, people did try. People invested in the hedge fund for whatever reasons, but it's mostly speculations. However, the so called jury has decided that it was a high level of proven corruption.

On the other hand, mr cheetos and his daughter have not distanced themselves from their businesses, not in any way that is satisfactory. All the 3 adult kids freely mingle with leaders of the nations their business interests are in. The tax returns are still the mystery of the century. On top of it, he finds time to be distressed about it when he is supposed to be in the security brief meeting. But oh no, he is neither unethical, nor corrupt. This is the power of being a republican in this country. They think only they are the moral authority on everything [that democrats do].

Regarding media, pretty much everywhere the Clintons were asked about their charity and conflicts of interest if she wins. In one interview Bill Clinton said clearly that all three of them will completely pull out of the charity in that case. Had she become the president, GOP would have made sure this same hedge fund was mentioned on every MSM outlet. Why would MSM make the failed hedge fund of a failed candidate's SIL a sensational headline, when there is so much more to focus on the CURRENT president? Pretty much all of them reported it, so that's their work done.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down