Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the papers

+3
Hellsangel
Idéfix
pravalika nanda
7 posters

Go down

the papers Empty the papers

Post by pravalika nanda Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:49 am

nyt ad in my mailbox:

"Truth.
It is hard to find.
It has no alternative.
Get 50% off for one year"

lol

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

the papers Empty Re: the papers

Post by pravalika nanda Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:14 pm

so you know how it's the first of the month, so i won't get these funny msgs for a few days. i'll miss them.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:15 pm

from the NYT

"discover the truth with us. get 40% off your subscription"

the truth is, nyt, i can get the news from better sources without paying money. i do have to spend time reading it though.

Last edited by pravalika nanda on Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ...)

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:07 pm

Good journalism requires money. After almost ten years without a newspaper subscription, I subscribed to NYT and WaPo in November.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:33 pm

Idéfix wrote:Good journalism requires money. After almost ten years without a newspaper subscription, I subscribed to NYT and WaPo in November.
Thanks to your generosity, they can now reduce their discount from 50% to 40%.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:15 pm

Idéfix wrote:Good journalism requires money. After almost ten years without a newspaper subscription, I subscribed to NYT and WaPo in November.

Subscription to the TImes and WaPo is just like donating to NPR. You can read free by going to an anonymous browser, but it's the socially responsible thing to pay for a subscription properly. Journalists have mortgages and college tuition bills too.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:57 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

Subscription to the TImes and WaPo is just like donating to NPR. You can read free by going to an anonymous browser, but it's the socially responsible thing to pay for a subscription properly. Journalists have mortgages and college tuition bills too.
And thanks to your magnanimity, they will further reduce their discount to 30%.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:37 pm

oh my god, these people are stalking me now. like when i came onto this website the ad at the top was from the NYT:
"truth. it is vital for democracy."

it would be good if they applied it to journalism..

i am so freaking stressed out at work. i am taking care of someone with a brainy son. this guy will not let me go until he has chewed off my brains and combed through all the details. so fucking stressful. and if he thinks something tiny thing is askew he frowns and gets upset so i feel like a maggot. i'm a big picture person. why g ocrazy over tiny details that won't affect the outcome!!! what the heck man.

meanwhile some SE women are actually taking wedn off. somehow it's supposed to benefit women.  SEs! i'm sure they know exactly what they're doing.

Last edited by pravalika nanda on Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ...)

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:42 pm

oh my god, now i'm remebering this truly genius kind of a guy i wnet out with briefly (you know it couldn't have lasted longer than that right). he was like this md phd was teaching at harvard. and we were ambling down manhattan and he could remember every street and store - he had a photographic memory. it was just too much to deal with. oh my god, he stressed me out too.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:43 pm

hmm, i think i'll go yell at my mom and dad. it always makes me feel better.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by silvermani Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:31 pm

Help society by reading for free and thereby pushing biased media towards bankruptcy!
silvermani
silvermani

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:58 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:oh my god, these people are stalking me now. like when i came onto this website the ad at the top was from the NYT:
"truth. it is vital for democracy."

it would be good if they applied it to journalism..

i am so freaking stressed out at work. i am taking care of someone with a brainy son. this guy will not let me go until he has chewed off my brains and combed through all the details. so fucking stressful. and if he thinks something tiny thing is askew he frowns and gets upset so i feel like a maggot. i'm a big picture person. why g ocrazy over tiny details that won't affect the outcome!!! what the heck man.

meanwhile some SE women are actually taking wedn off. somehow it's supposed to benefit women.  SEs! i'm sure they know exactly what they're doing.

big picture as in valar morghulis so fuck it, there's no point in saving any one person?

aside and not all related to what you posted above: how much of a cat lady are you these days? 4, 5...?

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:02 pm

silvermani wrote:Help society by reading for free and thereby pushing biased media towards bankruptcy!

maybe we can just get state run news and do away with rest of the biased media. will be more efficient. also these inconvenient elections every 4 years are so taxing...look at how much progress russia, cuba, china and korea have made without all these distractions.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:54 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
silvermani wrote:Help society by reading for free and thereby pushing biased media towards bankruptcy!

maybe we can just get state run news and do away with rest of the biased media. will be more efficient. also these inconvenient elections every 4 years are so taxing...look at how much progress russia, cuba, china and korea have made without all these distractions.

All in good time... it is all part of Dorito Mussolini's plan.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:36 am

Idéfix wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

All in good time... it is all part of Dorito Mussolini's plan.

lol!

the papers O5UIQVR
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down