Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Great Glut Admin's People's Association says....

+2
Vakavaka Pakapaka
Hellsangel
6 posters

Go down

The Great Glut Admin's People's Association says.... Empty The Great Glut Admin's People's Association says....

Post by Hellsangel Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:47 pm

Speak English in public places, Telangana group tells members in US
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

The Great Glut Admin's People's Association says.... Empty Re: The Great Glut Admin's People's Association says....

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:08 pm

If they speak in Hyderabadi, the average republican may think that they are from a Muslim country! If the brilliant American asks a Telugu speaking person what the Telangana guys are talking about, he won't be able to explain. The republican guy will then conclude that some kir kiri is going on and if he has a gun, he may pull the trigger.....

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

The Great Glut Admin's People's Association says.... Empty Re: The Great Glut Admin's People's Association says....

Post by Hellsangel Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:53 am

http://www.timesofindia.com/city/hyderabad/dont-flaunt-your-wealth-mingle-with-locals-telugus-in-us-advised/articleshow/57422083.cms

Comment below the article.

It's not Telugu or Tamil or Punjabi. in general, we don't mix with the local wherever we settle. we try to create our own circles and speak aloud in our mother tongue and be a secluded Society and with the only aim of making money and buying house and flaunting the borrowed culture during visits. While this is not applicable to many, mostly it's so!!....
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:15 am

Hellsangel wrote:Speak English in public places, Telangana group tells members in US

Didn't help Kuchibotla:

Madasani and his friend were speaking English rather than their native Telugu. Kuchibhotla made it a point to speak English in public, Madasani said.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/02/us/kansas-shooting-victim-alok-madasani/index.html
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:27 pm

americans have always been racist and religious. heard of slavery and segregation? heard of how 40% african american men are in prisons?

give them a gun and give them permission as DT has and we're back to square one.

this is exactly what this country is about. madasani doesn't know any history. having belonged to the upper class and upper caste in india he knows very little about this kind of bigotry.

Last edited by pravalika nanda on Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ...)

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:29 pm

oh and nobody is going back. this widow will stick around to make sure she is compensated for this. looks like a housewife.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:46 pm

This is how it has always been so why do you expect anything else is a tiresome and poor line of argumentation. It has not always been like this. Slavery is illegal today, women can vote, there was a civil rights movement, and we have had a black president. There has been tremendous change over the history of this country. So in fact his expectations that things should get even better is keeping in line with the arc of history.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:47 pm

pravalika nanda wrote:oh and nobody is going back. this widow will stick around to make sure she is compensated for this. looks like a housewife.

Nobody said she was.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:20 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:This is how it has always been so why do you expect anything else is a tiresome and poor line of argumentation. It has not always been like this. Slavery is illegal today, women can vote, there was a civil rights movement, and we have had a black president. There has been tremendous change over the history of this country. So in fact his expectations that things should get even better is keeping in line with the arc of history.
who said that? not me. i was pointing out that he does not know history or even current events - probably cuz he's not black he was blind to it all. 1of 45 american presidents is black. what the arc of american history proves is that obama was just an outlier.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:27 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
pravalika nanda wrote:oh and nobody is going back. this widow will stick around to make sure she is compensated for this. looks like a housewife.

Nobody said she was.
max, didn't you put up an article about how indinas in america were getting so wary? even the victim's wife is more than content to stay in america. and to be frank, if this had happened in india, he would've gotten no justice, at best may be one line and a graphic picture in the indina papers, that's all. this is not the tragedy of the century. i ahve seen hate like this and heard of it growing up in the east coast and known people who went through it all. the only difference here was that the criminal came back with a gun and having the weapon allowed him to kill. so if you want to do anything useful, try to keep guns off the street.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:35 pm

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/hyderabad/kansas-shooting-sunayana-prefers-to-return-to-ground-zero/articleshow/57421953.cms
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Shyam Sundar Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:15 pm

Telangana America Telugu Association(TATA)?

Do members of TATA wear BATA shoes when they visit their NATA (North Ameria Telugu Association) friends?

Shyam Sundar

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:10 pm

I am the baby of my house, being the youngest with two elder sisters. I grew up to be a carefree child. It was Srinivas who gave me the courage to pursue my dream of coming to the USA and studying, which made me the person I am today — an independent, self-sufficient and strong woman. I started working only recently, May 2016. He’d played a major role in me attaining a job, always encouraging and working with me though my disappointments, especially as I was starting back again after 4 years of a career break.
http://www.inuth.com/world/united-states/kansas-shooting-srinivas-kuchibhotla-was-really-proud-of-narendra-modi-wife-reveals-in-an-emotional-facebook-post/

Apparently, she isn't a housewife. Do you know her well to suggest that she will be here only to get compensated?

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:25 pm

Hellsangel wrote:http://www.timesofindia.com/city/hyderabad/dont-flaunt-your-wealth-mingle-with-locals-telugus-in-us-advised/articleshow/57422083.cms

Comment below the article.

It's not Telugu or Tamil or Punjabi. in general, we don't mix with the local wherever we settle. we try to create our own circles and speak aloud in our mother tongue and be a secluded Society and with the only aim of making money and buying house and flaunting the borrowed culture during visits. While this is not applicable to many, mostly it's so!!....
And how is that relevant to rising hate-crime? Don't they say the same about Catholics?

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:28 pm

Violence and harassment against Americans of South Asian descent have risen in the last year, according to the group South Asian Americans Leading Together (SAALT). The group reported 140 incidents of violence and harassment between November 2015 and November 2016, compared with 76 between January 2011 and April 2014
Ninety-four percent of the incidents SAALT tracked last year were motivated by anti-Muslim bigotry.

Statements by President Trump and others may be helping to stir up that bigotry. Researchers at California State University, San Bernardino, have found a connection between anti-Muslim statements by politicians and hate violence. For example, there was an 87.5 percent rise in anti-Muslim hate crimes in the days following a 2015 speech by Donald Trump, then a candidate, calling for a “total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States.” Now, Ms. Raghunathan said, “the xenophobic political rhetoric of Trump as a candidate” is turning into real policies like the executive orders on immigration.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/03/opinion/after-kansas-shooting-a-community-in-fear.html?action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=opinion-c-col-left-region&region=opinion-c-col-left-region&WT.nav=opinion-c-col-left-region

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down