Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anti-immigrant attacks?

5 posters

Go down

Anti-immigrant attacks? Empty Anti-immigrant attacks?

Post by garam-kuta Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:18 pm

mexiacans are the largest group among immigrants. trump called them rapists, criminals and so many other names. but, no violent attacks on mexicans after the greatest president ever stepped down.. chinese are the next biggest immigrant group. trump blamed china so many times and for so many things that there is a funny video on that. and they took away the manufacturing jobs that directly impacted the less educated americans. no attacks on chinese either. indians are either the next biggest group or next biggest after philippinos. but no attacks on philippinos and only indians. why why why?
if you don't know the answer, congratulations. you are an extremely brilliant secular liberal intellectual.

garam-kuta

Back to top Go down

Anti-immigrant attacks? Empty Re: Anti-immigrant attacks?

Post by garam_kuta Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:10 pm

is it because so many of them're imposters with fake degrees sneaked in during Y2K scam ? Wink

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:48 am

Of course, it doesn't have anything to do with Bannon's anti-Indian rhetoric and h1b bashing

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:40 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:Of course, it doesn't have anything to do with Bannon's anti-Indian rhetoric and h1b bashing
Ok sorry...admittedly, this kinda historical info is probably beyond these recent hate-crime perps...

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:16 pm

I (don't) hate to break it to you. To the racist supporters* of Dorito Mussolini, you look no different from an Arab. They take one look at you and think you are a radical moose-lamb. Hence the attacks. Given the much larger numbers of Mexicans here, they can tell them apart from you and the moose-lambs.

*Some, I assume, are good people.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:20 pm

Idéfix wrote: To the racist supporters* of Dorito Mussolini, you look no different from an Arab. They take one look at you and think you are a radical moose-lamb. Hence the attacks.

was talking to x-fil recently, and he goes, 'tum to gori-chitti ho, tumhe to koi tension nahi hogi racial attacks ki'. I am like, 'nope, i look more iranian than XH does, besides all of us are brown, minor shades don't matter'. oh well. will see...

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:06 pm

Idéfix wrote:I (don't) hate to break it to you. To the racist supporters* of Dorito Mussolini, you look no different from an Arab. They take one look at you and think you are a radical moose-lamb. Hence the attacks. Given the much larger numbers of Mexicans here, they can tell them apart from you and the moose-lambs.

indeed, sadly...at 3:35-4:40 one-drop rule
Persons of North African and Middle Eastern descent, for example, were classified as nonwhite until the 1940s. Conversely, persons of South Asian descent were classified as white until the 1980s, until they were reclassified as Asian.

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by garam-kuta Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:08 pm

confuzzled dude wrote:Of course, it doesn't have anything to do with Bannon's anti-Indian rhetoric and h1b bashing
you have a remarkably extraordinary ability to ignore the 400lb gorilla in the room. congratulations.
nobody heard of banon's name when that woman pushed sunando sen on to the train tracks becuase she thought she was avenging 9/11. adam purinton thought he killed iranians. the wisconsin gurudwara gunman thought that the victims were muslims. same with that killer in arizona who shot dead a sikh man after 9/11. if you still think it is because of banon's remarks on h1b and indians, i can only say that you are as ignorant as all those killers.

garam-kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by garam-kuta Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:22 pm

Idéfix wrote:I (don't) hate to break it to you. To the racist supporters* of Dorito Mussolini, you look no different from an Arab. They take one look at you and think you are a radical moose-lamb. Hence the attacks. Given the much larger numbers of Mexicans here, they can tell them apart from you and the moose-lambs.

congratulations, you are starting to identify the root cause of the problem , unlike CD.
the first step in solving a problem is identifying the problem. now that we have done it, we can take steps to solve it. maybe, the indians can pool money and run a TV ad identifying the indiands clearly during the big sporting events. maybe they can run a competition identifying the indian-ness in indina people with a million dollar top prize. maybe somebody can come up with much better ideas. i think the sikhs did it for a while after 9/11 but stopped it after a very small period.
it is no coincidence that the attacks happened after the muslim travel ban was overturned by courts. that probably frustrated some of the nutty people. when the people think that their govt is doing nothing to combat the terrorists, that will lead to frustration. like the indian PMs who keep condemning in strongest terms after each terror attack but do nothing to prevent the next one. only the condemnation keeps getting stronger and stronger. it is helpful to remember that the us rained missiles on afhanistan on the same day after 9/11 even before identifying the attackers. that gave a sense of comfort to people that the govt is taking steps to avenge the attack and there were no large scale attacks on muslims in the country, as was expected.

garam-kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:44 pm

i would rather spend the money in teaching them not to kill period. even if the man in kansas bar did shoot two real iranian patrons, he would still be most likely shooting two regular innocent men. 

pretty selfish to raise hand and say, 'i am an indian, or a hindu', and then get out of the way. and for what? to tell them to go ahead with killing others? no, as long as that want to continue to kill, they will continue mistaking nationalities.

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:00 pm

garam-kuta wrote:
you have a remarkably extraordinary ability to ignore the 400lb gorilla in the room. congratulations.
nobody heard of banon's name when that woman pushed sunando sen on to the train tracks becuase she thought she was avenging 9/11. adam purinton thought he killed iranians. the wisconsin gurudwara gunman thought that the victims were muslims. same with that killer in arizona who shot dead a sikh man after 9/11. if you still think it is because of banon's remarks on h1b and indians, i can only say that you are as ignorant as all those killers.
Hmmm.... Muslim population in America is bigger than that of Hindu/Sikh population yet they always seem to confuse a Hindu for a Muslim. I've not heard these folks attack a Muslim.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:03 pm

t w wrote:i would rather spend the money in teaching them not to kill period. even if the man in kansas bar did shoot two real iranian patrons, he would still be most likely shooting two regular innocent men. 

pretty selfish to raise hand and say, 'i am an indian, or a hindu', and then get out of the way. and for what? to tell them to go ahead with killing others? no, as long as that want to continue to kill, they will continue mistaking nationalities.

clap Very well put. There is no difference between these armchair muslim bashers and the likes of purinton.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by garam-kuta Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:12 am

confuzzled dude wrote:
t w wrote:i would rather spend the money in teaching them not to kill period. even if the man in kansas bar did shoot two real iranian patrons, he would still be most likely shooting two regular innocent men. 

clap Very well put. There is no difference between these armchair muslim bashers and the likes of purinton.

i am pretty sure that given the situation, those espousing lofty ideals will be the first ones to say,"dont shoot! i am an indina hindu woman".
there are numerous instances of terrorists asking people about their religion during attacks on malls and other public places and letting the people who could prove that they are muslims, escape unharmed.

in an utopian world, there will be no radical islamic terrorism and there will be no backlash. or perhaps in your dream world there will be islamic terrorism but no backlash. reality is different.

garam-kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:39 am

garam-kuta wrote:
confuzzled dude wrote:

i am pretty sure that given the situation, those espousing lofty ideals will be the first ones to say,"dont shoot! i am an indina hindu woman".
there are numerous instances of terrorists asking people about their religion during attacks on malls and other public places and letting the people who could prove that they are muslims, escape unharmed.

in an utopian world, there will be no radical islamic terrorism and there will be no backlash. or perhaps in your dream world there will be islamic terrorism but no backlash. reality is different.

That only says humans share common traits with other animals -- flight or fight response AND of reasoned thought, namely it's better to stand up for everyone's rights. Here is another logical reason to support what TW said -- given that the Adam Purintons of the world are not going to stop and confirm the national or religious identities of their intended victims, the only logical way to make things safer for all is to stand up for ourselves, the Pakistanis and the Iranians and everyone else vulnerable to random violence.

Nothing lofty about it -- just selfish logic.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:11 am

yes. if there is a gun pointed to my head, and someone is open to listening about religious or national identity of his intended victims, i will be stupid not to say, 'don't shoot i am a hindu indian woman'. i will live with guilt probably for the rest of my life, but at that moment i will say that to live, if i have to. 

but while we are in the prevention mode, why pool money to go around educating people about how to differentiate indians from others. such kind of approach is not a good one in long term, as it doesn't address the main problem, which is hate. approach should be to educate to not discriminate and hate, and more importantly, not to take law in your own hands. 

thinking objectively, the shooter's crime would have been equally heinous if he indeed shot two iranians like he thought he did. killing indians just make it more bitter for us, and hence our reactions are more emotional and selfish.

Back to top Go down

Post by garam-kuta Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:52 am

yes, and while we are at it let us also pool money to promote world peace and end world hunger, illiteracy, child labor, all sorts of discrimination, people not getting health insurance and terrorists killing people in the name of religion.

garam-kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down