Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Were the Michigan school teachers racially stereotyping Indian kids?

3 posters

Go down

Were the Michigan school teachers racially stereotyping Indian kids? Empty Were the Michigan school teachers racially stereotyping Indian kids?

Post by MulaiAzhagi Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:48 pm

US Hindus demand enquiry into racism allegations
Nevada, Jan 7 : A US based Hindu group has asked through probe into the racial profiling allegations against Livonia Public Schools in Michigan (USA) leveled by a former school Principal as reported in media.

Hindu statesman Rajan Zed, in a statement in Nevada (USA), said that reported stereotyping by school teachers who “believed that children of Indian descent were dirty and should be checked as a group for lice” (as reportedly alleged by this former Principal), if true, was quite shocking.

Students of India descent in USA schools were an outstanding group of young people who usually outshined in performance in various fields, Rajan Zed stressed.

Livonia Public Schools, whose mission statement included "Teaming together to ensure learning for all”, runs 26 schools/centers in Livonia and Westland cities of Michigan. Dr. Randy Liepa is the Superintendent. (IBNS)

http://www.newkerala.com/news/2011/worldnews-140626.html

MulaiAzhagi

Back to top Go down

Were the Michigan school teachers racially stereotyping Indian kids? Empty Re: Were the Michigan school teachers racially stereotyping Indian kids?

Post by Guest Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:12 pm

If this is true, then it's definitely racial profiling (eventhough it may be true that indian students have the infestation of lice more than others)

Back to top Go down

Were the Michigan school teachers racially stereotyping Indian kids? Empty Re: Were the Michigan school teachers racially stereotyping Indian kids?

Post by Guest Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:13 pm

.....and why am i replying to all ur posts? coz I'm terribly bored today and have nothing better to do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:55 am

kinnera wrote:If this is true, then it's definitely racial profiling (eventhough it may be true that indian students have the infestation of lice more than others)

that is NOT racial profiling. That is pure racism - if it was indeed true.

There is a difference between the two.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by MulaiAzhagi Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:19 am

Saamiyaar

===> A white kid who works with me told me that his Indian friend took him to an Amway meeting. Almost everyone except my co-worker was an Indian in that meeting. The white guy told me every desi there including the main speaker who claimed to have a Ph.D in Aerospace Engineering smelled of curry.

"I don't discriminate," the white guy said.

Do you think he was a racist?

MulaiAzhagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:25 am

MulaiAzhagi wrote:Saamiyaar

===> A white kid who works with me told me that his Indian friend took him to an Amway meeting. Almost everyone except my co-worker was an Indian in that meeting. The white guy told me every desi there including the main speaker who claimed to have a Ph.D in Aerospace Engineering smelled of curry.

"I don't discriminate," the white guy said.

Do you think he was a racist?

Dear MulaiAzhagi, I have nothing profound to say, but just wanted to say out your name. And now I'm done. Thanks.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down