Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trump says he found out about wiretapping after reading NewYorkTimes article

4 posters

Go down

Trump says he found out about wiretapping after reading NewYorkTimes article Empty Trump says he found out about wiretapping after reading NewYorkTimes article

Post by silvermani Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:32 am

Donald Trump alleged that Barack Obama wiretapped him after he read an article published by The New York Times in January. That’s what the president said when Tucker Carlson asked him during an interview on Fox News Wednesday night what his reasons were for believing the Obama administration surveilled him during the presidential election. “I’ve been reading about things,” Trump said. “I read in January a New York Times article. I think they used the exact term ‘wiretapping.’ I read other things. I watched your friend Bret Baier where he was talking about certain, very complex sets of things happening. I said, ‘Wait a minute, there is a lot of wiretapping happening.'”

Here is pertinent text from the NYT article:

The F.B.I. is leading the investigations, aided by the National Security Agency, the C.I.A. and the Treasury Department’s financial crimes unit. The investigators have accelerated their efforts in recent weeks but have found no conclusive evidence of wrongdoing, the officials said. One official said intelligence reports based on some of the wiretapped communications had been provided to the White House. Intercepted Russian Communications Part of Inquiry Into Trump Associates By MICHAEL S. SCHMIDT, MATTHEW ROSENBERG, ADAM GOLDMAN and MATT APUZZOJAN. 19, 2017
silvermani
silvermani

Back to top Go down

Trump says he found out about wiretapping after reading NewYorkTimes article Empty Re: Trump says he found out about wiretapping after reading NewYorkTimes article

Post by Seva Lamberdar Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:51 am

Considering the recent news (Wikileaks) about the capabilities / activities of U.S. spying agencies around the world which no American official or agency has challenged / refuted, anything is possible.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Trump says he found out about wiretapping after reading NewYorkTimes article Empty Re: Trump says he found out about wiretapping after reading NewYorkTimes article

Post by Idéfix Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:48 am

NYT article published on Jan 19, 2017.

Trump says in his tweet on Mar 4, 2017: "Terrible! Just found out that Obama had my "wires tapped" in Trump Tower just before the victory. Nothing found. This is McCarthyism!"

Trump is lying as usual. He has been ordered by President Bannon not to throw Breitbart under the bus. So he is blaming NYT and Fox News. Undermining both is beneficial to President Bannon.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:45 am

Idéfix wrote:NYT article published on Jan 19, 2017.

Trump says in his tweet on Mar 4, 2017: "Terrible! Just found out that Obama had my "wires tapped" in Trump Tower just before the victory. Nothing found. This is McCarthyism!"

Trump is lying as usual. He has been ordered by President Bannon not to throw Breitbart under the bus. So he is blaming NYT and Fox News. Undermining both is beneficial to President Bannon.
He says that in two weeks, the WH will give more info.
Here is what the new info will be:  As Trump said, desperate "Obama had my wires tapped" ("wire tapping" is used as a metaphor for mental harassment).
I am sure, the bible-belt Gun-wallahs will buy that argument.

Trump says he found out about wiretapping after reading NewYorkTimes article Cat-ballou-lee-marvin-534x462

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down