Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lower Castu Stop rolling on my plantain leaf

4 posters

Go down

Lower Castu Stop rolling on my plantain leaf Empty Lower Castu Stop rolling on my plantain leaf

Post by doofus_maximus Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:39 am

Swamis unite to try and ban this practice.

It used to happen in our temple. It still happens where people roll on leftover food/waste after the all the elders have finished eating.
They served food on a plantain leaf on a mud floor. After these guys have finished rolling, the whole place used to look a shit show.
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Lower Castu Stop rolling on my plantain leaf Empty Re: Lower Castu Stop rolling on my plantain leaf

Post by MulaiAzhagi Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:44 am

===> Dofus,

I already posted this article.

The men and women who roll on the plaintain leaves with leftover food are people who are afflicted with skin disease.

Centuries ago, these people with diseases were told by priests that they have to do this to get himself cured.

When people are desperate, they do desperate things. Reasoning goes out the window.

I have a relative who has a Ph.D in Physics from IIT. She could not conceive. She was very depressed. And she was so desperate for a child, she went and rolled (Angapradhakshna) in Thirupathi. Since so many desperate devotees roll there, the temple has employed some ruffians to kick these desperate rollees to roll faster. This woman with a Ph.D in Physics was kicked by one such scumbag.

MulaiAzhagi

Back to top Go down

Lower Castu Stop rolling on my plantain leaf Empty Re: Lower Castu Stop rolling on my plantain leaf

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:19 pm

I have a masters degree with 3.6 GPA. I might be more qualified to kick this relative of yours.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by MulaiAzhagi Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:39 pm

===> Propagandhi,

I brought up the Ph.D stuff to point out that withh all the education, many desis are hobbled by their superstitious beliefs.

MulaiAzhagi

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Tue Jan 10, 2012 12:41 pm

MulaiAzhagi wrote:This woman with a Ph.D in Physics was kicked by one such scumbag.
I hope the laws of physics pertaining to force, mass and acceleration got temporarily suspended in this case, in view of the extenuating circumstances involving the kicker and kickee.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down