Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eminent Writer Nayantara Sahgal: "No one who advocates violence is a Yogi so permit me to refer to the CM of UP as Shri Adityanath"

Go down

Eminent Writer Nayantara Sahgal: "No one who advocates violence is a Yogi so permit me to refer to the CM of UP as Shri Adityanath" Empty Eminent Writer Nayantara Sahgal: "No one who advocates violence is a Yogi so permit me to refer to the CM of UP as Shri Adityanath"

Post by Guest Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:27 pm

As a practitioner of yoga for many years, I have been taught that a cardinal principle on the spiritual path is non-violence. No one who advocates violence is a yogi so permit me to refer to the chief minister of Uttar Pradesh as Shri Adityanath. He is a practical politician of long political experience, and one who has kept four key ministries in his own charge along with control of some two dozen other departments, and therefore must be well aware of what goes on in every corner of the state he now rules.

What is happening in Uttar Pradesh is taking place under his watch, a sign that Hindutva is on the warpath. Why else would the Muslims in a Bareilly village be ordered on pain of death to leave? Is it possible that the Hindu neighbours they have lived with all their lives have delivered this barbaric ultimatum? Or, as is more likely, is this another case of roving vigilante enthusiasm that consigns these defenceless Indian citizens and their families to a wilderness of fear and desperation? Shall we stay silent and watch?

https://thewire.in/119513/india-unholy-wars-communalism/

Back to top Go down

Eminent Writer Nayantara Sahgal: "No one who advocates violence is a Yogi so permit me to refer to the CM of UP as Shri Adityanath" Empty Re: Eminent Writer Nayantara Sahgal: "No one who advocates violence is a Yogi so permit me to refer to the CM of UP as Shri Adityanath"

Post by Guest Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:14 pm

Eminent journalist Rajdeep Sardesai:

By contrast, there have been no masks or re-inventions in Adityanath’s political
journey so far. His public remarks over two decades now have been marked by rabble rousing and repeated attempts at threatening the minorities and inciting violence. His unabashed demagoguery has been more akin to Shiv Sena supremo, the late Bal Thackeray than to the BJP leadership. The charges against him, from rioting to hate speech, indicate a disdain for constitutional norms and political correctness. His supporters will point to his getting repeatedly re-elected in Gorakhpur as proof that Adityanath enjoys considerable popular appeal but they fail to recognise that electoral victories do not legitimise unlawful behaviour.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/columns/yogi-adityanath-s-anointment-will-consolidate-resurgent-hindu-vote-bank-in-up/story-QGSiLpVg0PfGBAHi6st0ZL.html

Back to top Go down