Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

silent love

Go down

silent love Empty silent love

Post by Guest Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:18 pm

Back to top Go down

silent love Empty Re: silent love

Post by Guest Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:26 pm

these kinds of stories always remind me of a guy in our village back then. 

this is when i was probably 16-17 years old, and used to play table tennis in the village. There was just one table, and players would be around 8-10, so most often than not, we used to play doubles, best of 3 kinda rotating format. 

one of the kids amongst us was a hearing-speaking impaired kid, is that the politically correct term? Guess he was 15ish at the time. A most normal looking, handsome, tall, athletic, smart kid. Except that he could not speak or hear anything. But inspite of this handicap, he was a good player, relying solely on his eyes. 

Our tt table was sorta in a hallway, with 2 doors on either side. So if either of the door opened/close with a noise, and if anyone of us who was on that side lost a point coz of the door behind us, we would all let that point go void. Most common sign language was, look at the door and the person, and swing our hand next to our ear. And it would be understood that we were distracted from the noise. 

The funniest moments were when this kid used try to pull this too, to void a point, lol. Like, he would lose a point, then look behind to see someone walk in, and then signal to us in our own sign language, that he got distracted from the door noise. The funny thing was, sometimes we would let it go too, until someone from the other end would realize that this kid can't possibly be distracted from noise behind him, and go, 'abbe hat!', with a matching body language. And we would all laugh and continue to play.

Gosh, i don't even remember the name of that boy. Wondering where he must be now.  Will ask around.

Back to top Go down