Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Let humans die, protect the cow instead. Humans are inferior beings."

Go down

"Let humans die, protect the cow instead. Humans are inferior beings." Empty "Let humans die, protect the cow instead. Humans are inferior beings."

Post by Guest Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:23 am

Swamiji, why is it that devotion to the cow gathers strength on the eve of every poll? Is there anything special about election season?

Child, every time an election approaches, gau mata visits our leaders in their dreams and says, son, an election is at hand. Now start a movement for my protection. The people of the country are foolish. Run a campaign for my protection and win your election. Child, gau mata ensures votes for some political parties just as oxen secure votes for another party. Which is why political leaders launch a campaign immediately and induct us sadhus into it. We too relish politics. Child, you are asking all the questions. For a change why don’t you tell us where you are going?

Swamiji, I am going to join the human-protection movement.

What is that, child?

Swamiji, just as I am ignorant about cows, you are ignorant about humans.

But who is killing humans?

Drought, famine and inflation are killing the people of this land. The profiteer and black-marketeer are killing them. The corrupt ruling structure is killing them. Moreover, the government has no qualms about getting its police to shoot citizens in any part of this land. In Bihar the people are dying of starvation.

Bihar? Where is the city of Bihar located, child?

Bihar is a region, it is a state.

In our Jambudwipa, right?

Swamiji, in this very country – in India.

You mean Aryavarta?

Yes, you may say so. Swamiji, why don’t you also join the human-protection movement?

No, child, we are righteous people – saints. This will not be possible for us. To begin with, humans are inferior beings in our eyes. They demand that the wealth of temples and maths should be taken away by the government. Child, you let humans die. Protect the cow instead. Any living being is superior to humans. You are not able to see that whenever a fight breaks out during a cow-protection procession, humans alone end up getting killed. One more thing, child! What I can make out from your talk is that protection of humans would involve opposing profiteers and black-marketeers. This we would not be able to do, for these are the very people who fund the cow-protection movement. The dictates of religion have rendered us silent. Religion has made us hold our tongue....

Swamiji, in other countries they may not worship cows, but they keep them well, and the animals give abundant milk.

Child, let’s not discuss other countries. We are far superior to them. That is why the gods reincarnate only in our land. In other countries a cow’s usefulness is in the milk it gives; here, its utility lies in stoking clashes and inciting movements. Our cow is very different from other cows....

Swamiji, as far as I know, at this moment what is uppermost in people’s minds is not cow protection but inflation and economic exploitation. They are determined to protest against inflation. They are intent on striking work to demand a hike in wages and dearness allowance. The people are waging a struggle for economic justice and here you are making a song and dance about the cow-protection movement. Is there any logic to this reasoning?

Child, there is a logic to it. See, the moment people demand economic justice, their minds should be diverted to something else, or else they pose a grave danger. When the people demand an end to inflation and profiteering, a hike in wages and an end to exploitation, we tell them, no, your basic demand is for cow protection. Child, we waylay people marching for economic revolution and tether them to the cow’s post. The purpose of this movement is to keep the people continually distracted....

Swamiji, you have really increased my knowledge. Just one more thing – there are cow-protection laws in some states and other states will follow suit. Then this movement will also come to an end. On what issue will you launch a movement then?

Oh child! There are so many issues on which a movement can be built. For instance, the lion is goddess Durga’s vehicle. The circus people keep the lion caged, make it perform tricks. This is adharma – sinful. We will launch a movement against all the circuses in the country and have them shut down. God has another avatar as well – matsyavatar. The fish is a symbol of god. We will launch a movement against the fisher-folk, force the government’s fisheries department to shut down.

Swamiji, the owl is goddess Lakshmi’s vehicle. Something should be done about that too.

We are doing all this for that only, child! In this country the owl has nothing to worry about. It’s having a good time.

https://thewire.in/121817/lands-cow-prized-milk-meant-clashes/

Back to top Go down